DIY Aeroponic Cloner near ready

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

just a thought. if your going for uptake rate increase. I would assume iba foliar when stomata are open at the leaves will be your best bet. im willing to test this with dip , only water. , and foliar application to see what works fastest and by what margin with my next run at cloning. need give me two weeks this needs to be done with many cuttings

ninjadip

ninjadip

I like all this clone talk lol

I'm wondering if the cloneX rooting gel is even worth it for me to use as the aeroponic sprayer washes it off during its next cycle. Because of this, I did soak each cutting in the rooting gel for near a minute before putting in the neoprene plugs.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I'm wondering if the cloneX rooting gel is even worth it for me to use as the aeroponic sprayer washes it off during its next cycle. Because of this, I did soak each cutting in the rooting gel for near a minute before putting in the neoprene plugs.
[/QUOTE]

sure it washes off but it stays in the res

ninjadip

ninjadip

I like when they get all warty/bumpy before. Plants are cool 🤓😂
i know it's so cool! i was really nervous holding the phone directly over the water to get that shot, but it was worth it

would love to see it under a microscope, would be a whole 'nother level of cool

ninjadip

ninjadip

@Cool_Beans
after seeing your new setup, and some others... i'm totally redoing mine.
sucks, cause it's some lost money and time. but i'm not happy with the flow rate using 1/2" hose between the buckets, and i really like the fallponic/hydroponic setups i've seen

Plumbing stuff just really intimidates me for some reason. So i did some research today, i now understand how bulkheads work, i really didn't get it lol

so the new setup will be like this
WSCHENRMxEZJSswlVF1gkV5GJuksWZOHsoWyFlXoYNctDfjfEaUlu6A5eLChtulZqoYa8PeUwbugYxrOgBeLfZbnhdp6oNaEct3-2ZgyTyBmQtivI5ovptj7QSOzE08ulr4kX0TD4TRB4spgpIr3ocb6HpILVkOsHx0u5y2mAo6JAufiZ_WFAHj1hZVhb5IbA5rWipMAQM7iQ8DEKD1T3XHzxnyNj_kd4TGuLli4zUfR7Xyii9sA_yOFJKXTbvNf4zC56fPT95J5SROJnCKfkSKZj3aOu9BdLdaQQ7YLMlvshxj0tDIIDGMpRQoxCvqNM5-S2xCvGNDak0tqfqmBlcIWxf9JPT0Zt9xy16W1PK_sn2mkLlsk0jqIJsUbh7Ijkdjwx2_pBqUcvViM22ki49ZGYT7F9aZ_anOjGbI0rBegzYxFEl2MoYyIc7qix1tPdqM4UD255q7CH_lpdHB_r8wx6t1NuGNajoPpAkvI7-wrq_YeuZQNSpkzPZMl9cgl4Otw1hzxntrMKVXQaYTPHoz2GTgym058y_-kIhok6ZbYhlSiqUxKBGZnRJuOqI2fDts19ol1tvhs8S8itkhoCzcVZBL65bIRqkJnIZkrwZ55tNw4WfHgPUdLG4nKXfS-YjfcWWgp32aG0xn9H291JHx9-TAo0yyIDz_bizaJA_3fx7zrLCtXB7_kYevbGUSjkKYTN_2c98bUBnuqbqxV6_OEYtF5AnDOyJyGPz28_3Maxk-9fsgLNRG8Fj1fR_Zxz4A0Lz3ukhIAxGyBUFvEQEm0HKzBFXlAZHJX919F1F8wUDEeDV69rCzANjEVLPINmQJaIlKhERJNxJtOeF_-9e6p3-1YXeEC3ctDRafJSHYCbLP7FceCmZXTVNvgRZDBQLPuvcRA9fhBrSt2jufdURjqrQomG_XFEmF0Az0Ch1eQnA=w1666-h937-no

i already have this pump that was too big for the old setup that will work great with this one. maybe in the future i'll get an inline one. i have a 700 g/h pump.
the pump will pump water to the 4 plant sites through a 1/2" hose
the returns will be a 2" pvc pipe, this should allow the pump to be fine on full power, without ever waiting on water return.

ordered 8 2" slip/slip bulkheads through amazon but from precision marine. they aren't cheap

each bucket will have a 4" air stone, and 2 air stones in the res.

when i put the pvc pipe in the bulkhead, should i use pvc cement/glue or whatever that stuff is?
i don't plan on moving system, so i'm fine with a permanent setup.

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

Go for it dude, you'll be fine. Yeah glue them up. Test fit everything. Primer first then glue, both contact surfaces. Resist the urge to wipe excess glue off of ABS plastic. Tape measures and stoned dont mix well. All I got lol.

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

Ideally you want to be able to disassemble for deep cleaning I would think. At least I designed for this. I'm not familiar with the bulkheads you are using, but try not to glue yourself into a corner, so to speak.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Ideally you want to be able to disassemble for deep cleaning I would think. At least I designed for this. I'm not familiar with the bulkheads you are using, but try not to glue yourself into a corner, so to speak.
just a common 2" bulkhead, they come in different types, i got slip-slip

i ordered everything today, i figured i might as well spend it now, than get stuck in the middle of a grow with an unsatisfactory system that would impact the grow.

steamroller

steamroller

Are you running the cloner 24/7 or on a timer?
Lower the venturi a little deeper IMO.
Looking real good!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Are you running the cloner 24/7 or on a timer?
Lower the venturi a little deeper IMO.
Looking real good!
That's funny, I lowered it after the video. Thanks man. I pointed it downward, how does that look now?

The sprayer is on a timer. Still trying to find what works best. Right now it's on a 3 min on 10 off

PXL 20230201 145347693
Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I had this venturi laying around, and a pump, so decided to put this in to help cycle the water.

Forgive the floating debris.
Edit, added video during cycle on
Man i wish i could wrap my head around this shit. Really want to try hydro and aerocloning but i juat dont fkin get it yet. Just barely figured out a fish tank, took me a month but i got it finally! Lol.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Man i wish i could wrap my head around this shit. Really want to try hydro and aerocloning but i juat dont fkin get it yet. Just barely figured out a fish tank, took me a month but i got it finally! Lol.
in a lot of ways a live hydro setup is similar to a fish tank with its cycles of waste and beneficial bacteria/enzymes.

i would love to setup a saltwater/reef tank someday when i get out of this apartment. supposed to get my BA this year, so that should help. i'll be glad when that's over...

Top Bottom