DIY Aeroponic Cloner near ready

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

I cut at 45 and scraping a smidge here or there I think makes them frisky and tells them you mean business and are the boss. That's just me though. Prolly totally shouldn't
Ok, I was wondering if scraping them would promote or inhibit root growth for snips/clones. I would think it would help but not sure. I should do a side by side comparison on the next clone run

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I cut at 45 and scraping a smidge here or there I think makes them frisky and tells them you mean business and are the boss. That's just me though. Prolly totally shouldn't
I do exact same. Nick mentioned this and I think it’s true. Pop em in some water before. Seemed to shave a whole day off. Clonex gel, 5.8 water that’s it for me!

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

True.
But will one way achieve faster results is the question.
what is fast? i got 6 days on no clonex and no 45 cutting and no scraping. are people looking to clone in less time than this? sorry im still new at cloning

ninjadip

ninjadip

one day progress update, see pics above for yesterday's shot.

While I am still learning the best route for making clones for my needs, I am content so far. I am only a few tweaks away now, from my ideal progress rate.

Next thing i'm doing is getting the res temps up. Currently they are just way too low, at 65 degrees today due to the winter storm. Ordered an aquarium heater today. I think this should make a notable difference, as it is pretty much accepted that clones like warmer root zones (think heat mat).

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

You remind me a long time ago-when we first started propagating woody ornamentals on our farm we had these big hoop houses and to keep all the trays of cuttings warm, we buried radiant heat tubes under a layer of sand in long beds then topped it with black landscape fabric. Our propagator was a total wizard, he could really fill those houses up fast from a bag of sticks. Did a lot of cutting and sticking as a teenager those years lol. Cheers dude, growing is an inherently optimistic endeavor.

ninjadip

ninjadip

You remind me a long time ago-when we first started propagating woody ornamentals on our farm we had these big hoop houses and to keep all the trays of cuttings warm, we buried radiant heat tubes under a layer of sand in long beds then topped it with black landscape fabric. Our propagator was a total wizard, he could really fill those houses up fast from a bag of sticks. Did a lot of cutting and sticking as a teenager those years lol. Cheers dude, growing is an inherently optimistic endeavor.
I like that image

i used to work with the plants on the golf course when i was younger, and i loved it. made shit for money, but i got to smoke all day, got free golf, and was happy

thanks man

ninjadip

ninjadip

good shot to show why cutting at 45 is a waste of time, look where nubs form..
Good point. Out of 30+ snips, looks like only two clones have roots forming directly on the cut. That could be my fault, the cut tips from mine could have been less viable as I don't clean the cutters between cuts with nothing more than a dry rag.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think angled cuts are better if you are using rooting hormone because the surface area of the vascular system is larger making taking up hormones more likely right at first with very limited respiration in a shocked cutting. Without hormones, it does not matter. I could be wrong.

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

I think angled cuts are better if you are using rooting hormone because the surface area of the vascular system is larger making taking up hormones more likely right at first with very limited respiration in a shocked cutting. Without hormones, it does not matter. I could be wrong.
This is how it was explained to me. We used a root hormone in powder form and the longer cut meant more magic powder would stick to the cut and get taken up. Not weed but I would think the principle is the same.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

good job considering all angles. makes total sense if the rooting hormone penerates the clone at the cut, im wondering if it also it penetrates the stem?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

good job considering all angles. makes total sense if the rooting hormone penerates the clone at the cut, im wondering if it also it penetrates the stem?
It may, but I would assume more slowly. Cut off your arm, if you want direct contact with the bloodstream do you put your creme on the cut or the skin?

I have no data to back this up. Just makes sense to me. Analogy could be 100% wrong too.

Top Bottom