DIY Aeroponic Cloner near ready

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Moe.Red man you must have used two cans of that stuff to get it to fill all the way in! I thought the one can would be enough, it's expensive shit. Oh well. This is good for me, I really wanted to use it for the extra light blockage 👍
I'm sorry man, I did not mean to blow your budget. Just trying to give ideas. I don't recall how many gallons I used, but I did several of the 2x4 55 gals at the same time, as well as some for a mushroom project. Yeah, it was expensive for all that.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I'm sorry man, I did not mean to blow your budget. Just trying to give ideas. I don't recall how many gallons I used, but I did several of the 2x4 55 gals at the same time, as well as some for a mushroom project. Yeah, it was expensive for all that.
maybe the price has gone up but that flexseal was near $40 usd for a small thing of it. it's about dry, should be dry when i get home from work today. It will definitely help the strength of the lid for sure. while it didn't make a completely flat top, it is much more workable than what it was. should be great.

going to drill up those holes tonight and hopefully get this up and running tonight/tomorrow
been using the time to clean/prep the big tent for the next grow.

How’s that BD? Wouldn’t mind a super heavy in my mix. I got some trade worthies let’s me know ninja

The bits i've sampled were stellar! got everything else sealed in the Grove bags, that i'm not going to open until feb 1.

Unfortunately i have lost all of the BD strain. I had my mom hermie, due to a light cycle problem that is now fixed in the mom aerogarden.

What i'm really excited for is the White Widow and Peanut Butter Cookies, they are looking strong and vigorous as hell. can't wait to clone and flower some out. The other ones coming up are Alien Dragon, Acapulco Gold, GG #4, and Bruce Banner.

This is all new to me, so i will have to see what people like. The other seeds i have that i haven't sprouted yet our Amnesia Lemon and a blue dream i think.

I'm still trying to do the numbers in my head, but the plan is set a percentage aside that will go to something that can help my local community.

Last edited:
Brad104

Brad104

Filling her up tonight! Not a fan of that flex seal stuff.. I think I would have liked a hard epoxy resin instead to fill the crevices. Meh, either way it'll still work lol

Excited
Looks good, best of luck to you with it I love my aero cloner I have a 70 site one, that I paid over 200 for I will build my next one,but this is the 5th set of cuttings I have in my machine now. Great job @ninjadip I wish you the best on your grow and you are going to love the cloner you have made.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Looks good, best of luck to you with it I love my aero cloner I have a 70 site one, that I paid over 200 for I will build my next one,but this is the 5th set of cuttings I have in my machine now. Great job @ninjadip I wish you the best on your grow and you are going to love the cloner you have made.
Thanks man!
I only got up to 38 sites, but i was aiming on the conservative side with the hole distance. I have some plants itching to get cloned, will most likely cut and put in there tonight i hope.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Wow man really fkin impressive. Great work for sure. You are a cloing machine.
Glad to see those widows growin. There are still peeps who talk about when I had it to burn. I think it is a great strain to have

Zombierider

Zombierider

@PerfecTrader @Zombierider finally got that cloner running! Def check out the video three posts up https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/diy-aeroponic-cloner-near-ready.145664/post-2901439
Sup bro! My bad for the late reply, didn't see it until now! That looks like a fricken legit setup for cloning, and damn you got a nice little group of ladies. Its about to get luscious in there, what have you got planned for those clones? Have you cloned in traditional mediums before, or just an aeroponic cloner? I took a few clones once, just stuck a root riot plug into a solo cup full of coco and seedling nutes, then stuck the clone in the plug, worked pretty good.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Sup bro! My bad for the late reply, didn't see it until now! That looks like a fricken legit setup for cloning, and damn you got a nice little group of ladies. Its about to get luscious in there, what have you got planned for those clones? Have you cloned in traditional mediums before, or just an aeroponic cloner? I took a few clones once, just stuck a root riot plug into a solo cup full of coco and seedling nutes, then stuck the clone in the plug, worked pretty good.
What's up man, thank you thank you

Their plans are to be the beginnings of a little clone operation here in my area. I will be running four here soon. Man it's been a lot of work with the other tent setting it up, almost done

I have cloned in rockwool and root plugs before with great success, just needed to scale it up a bit

ninjadip

ninjadip

Their plans are to be the beginnings of a little clone operation here in my area. I will be running four here soon. Man it's been a lot of work with the other tent setting it up, almost done

I have cloned in rockwool and root plugs before with great success, just needed to scale it up a bit
I should say that I'll be running four clones for myself to start a new grow soon, not that I'll be running four clone operations. Lol

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Filling her up tonight! Not a fan of that flex seal stuff.. I think I would have liked a hard epoxy resin instead to fill the crevices. Meh, either way it'll still work lol

Excited
I used to make silicone molds for making jewelry waxes. I don't remember what I paid but it was a 2 part system you mixed together and poured into your mold. It would take around a half hour for it to setup and be able to handle it but it would fully cure in 12 hours depending on how thick you poured it. I used to make molds that were 3" -6" thick and it would set up in about 30 minutes.

Might be an alternative to Flex Seal.

Zombierider

Zombierider

I should say that I'll be running four clones for myself to start a new grow soon, not that I'll be running four clone operations. Lol

For sure man that aerocloner will put out lots of heathly rootlings, i guess cloning in plugs gets a bit difficult when you scale up. I was listening to a podcast about pheno-hunting, and this dude says that he clone-hunts for each run since running any ole clone or seed will be too unpredictable. So id be curious to see the phenotypic-variations you get with all those girls. Your probably gonna find some 🔥 for sure.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Just got an order for 30 clones the other day.. so I have success before the first run is even done lol

I know I need to heat up the reservoir some to get faster growth. Been a cold winter and this is next to a wall. Thinking of trying to make a dome for this by getting a clear tote to put on top and install some adjustable vents on it.

Added some Orca the other day, I think it's been a game changer.

By the time these are ready I'll have enough growth to get 30+ snips for the next run

PXL 20230125 123735768
ninjadip

ninjadip

Edit:
this is for the aeroponic cloner, not the mother "dwc" aerogarden thing. More like small water culture lol

For the new DIY cloner:
i should have included a pic of the ph controller
but here are some more deets for those that look up this stuff, everyone does a little diff in everything in life

i'm at work now bored out of my mind lol,
but my readings have been very steady
pH 5.8
EC 700 so ppm is 350

I have added one full suggested dose of CloneX cloning solution(this is different than the gel which is for dipping the snips)
full dose of Orca® Liquid Mycorrhizae - with Beneficial Bacteria
a micro dose of General Hydoponics Floramicro and floragrow

Source Water: Municipal Tap Water

Top Bottom