DIY Aeroponic Cloner near ready

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

in a lot of ways a live hydro setup is similar to a fish tank with its cycles of waste and beneficial bacteria/enzymes.

i would love to setup a saltwater/reef tank someday when i get out of this apartment. supposed to get my BA this year, so that should help. i'll be glad when that's over...
Yeah see you already lost me man. Hence why i grow in soil. Ive been trying to understand hydro for the last 2 years and i guess i just gotta get a bucket and try it out. Only way to do it, right?

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yeah see you already lost me man. Hence why i grow in soil. Ive been trying to understand hydro for the last 2 years and i guess i just gotta get a bucket and try it out. Only way to do it, right?
but now you need to understand it for your fish tank bro
starting a good fish tank can be as hard as preventing root rot IMO

i remember a fish tank needing stuff to help complete the waste-management cycle when it is first setup, and then once it gets going the good bacteria will stay and live in ceramic disc thingies.

here's a cute photo on the nitrogen cycle in a fish tank. it's cool stuff, especially stage 2 and 3. when you first start a fresh tank you don't have any of that bacteria that breaks shit down yet, so you add some, or i guess wait it out slowly until they build. idk what kids are doing these days lol. i remember adding a product called "cycle" to help finish the cycle in early tanks
if you don't convert that ammonia, your fish will die a painful death.

what kinda tank are you running? any fish in it yet?

Nitrogen-Cycle.jpg

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

but now you need to understand it for your fish tank bro
starting a good fish tank can be as hard as preventing root rot IMO

i remember a fish tank needing stuff to help complete the waste-management cycle when it is first setup, and then once it gets going the good bacteria will stay and live in ceramic disc thingies.

here's a cute photo on the nitrogen cycle in a fish tank. it's cool stuff, especially stage 2 and 3. when you first start a fresh tank you don't have any of that bacteria that breaks shit down yet, so you add some, or i guess wait it out slowly until they build. idk what kids are doing these days lol. i remember adding a product called "cycle" to help finish the cycle in early tanks

what kinda tank are you running? any fish in it yet?

Nitrogen-Cycle.jpg
Just a freshwater 10 gallon tank for my 3 year old. We are going friday to get fish for it. He wants to get black mollys and some guppies too but idk if they'll live together. More questions for the fish store lol.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Just a freshwater 10 gallon tank for my 3 year old. We are going friday to get fish for it. He wants to get black mollys and some guppies too but idk if they'll live together. More questions for the fish store lol.
hopefully you let that tank cycle for at least a week before putting fish in. ask the fish people about the nitrogen cycle for your new tank, and if you need anything. you might already have something in there from a bundle you purchased.

i use to love having cichlids, especially feeding day every week lol. i had this rope fish people used to love watching swim around too. looks like a snake with two fins.

if you have fish tank skills, some pretty fish are angel fish, your kid might like those. but i heard they are more particular about their environment than other fish.

def ask the fish guy about that too, which fish are more particular, or what should your tank be at for this fish etc... some like a slightly diff pH and temp

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

hopefully you let that tank cycle for at least a week before putting fish in. ask the fish people about the nitrogen cycle for your new tank, and if you need anything. you might already have something in there from a bundle you purchased.

i use to love having cichlids, especially feeding day every week lol. i had this rope fish people used to love watching swim around too. looks like a snake with two fins.

if you have fish tank skills, some pretty fish are angel fish, your kid might like those. but i heard they are more particular about their environment than other fish.

def ask the fish guy about that too, which fish are more particular, or what should your tank be at for this fish etc... some like a slightly diff pH and temp
Yeah the tank has been running since Christmas day lol. Ive been checking everything twice a week, and according to the charts i have for what all the levels need to be, its all dialed in spot on for the fish he wants to get. I have a lost of questions for the fish guy when i go friday and then we will see how it all works out.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yeah the tank has been running since Christmas day lol. Ive been checking everything twice a week, and according to the charts i have for what all the levels need to be, its all dialed in spot on for the fish he wants to get. I have a lost of questions for the fish guy when i go friday and then we will see how it all works out.
Oh shit, my bad. You are def on top of it lol. Just wanted to make sure for a new fish tank guy, sorry man

steamroller

steamroller

The mollies will be too big for a 10g
Get 1 or 2 males and 3-6 female guppies.
Without adding food or an ammonia source the tank is not cycled. It takes 1-4 weeks usually.
The sell cycling liquids but you are best served to stock light , change water and cycle naturally. Get 1 male and 3 females and wait 2 weeks.
Changing water weekly. 50% is what most real fish people do. Temp match as close as possible.
Ask the fish store if they can give you any filter media they have like a sponge or pad from one of their tanks.
That would in theory be loaded with necessary bacteria.

Latest posts

Top Bottom