Dragons Flame Mac Dragon bx1 in Updated RDWC System

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

36 days in the system and from what I can tell things are going stellar. I’ve continued to defoliate and train, but this plant it is definitely taxing my abilities for LST. Things are so short and compact it’s hard to decide where to direct all the branches. This is some great experience as the last time, my first Hydro experience, she really got away from me. Finding it much more difficult to keep up with the pace but I will get it!

I’ve given her almost 2 gallons of water since the first of the month, pH stabilized, quit dropping, and started a very steady and slow rise. I added a gallon of water today and 2 mL of pH down to bring it to 5.8. PPMs have been slowly dropping, and I have noticed a very tiny little bit of leaf tip burn on a very few fan leaves. I do not interpret this to be nutrient burn, not sure what to make of it. If you look close you can see it in a couple of these photos. Temps have been 72F give or take, RH 50 to 60%. Lights still the same height but at 40%.

I see the ppm dropping and I figure at some point I’m going to have to start adding nutrients but I’m not sure what that point is. I will keep reading the plant and looking for signs that she is getting hungry and for the most part, keep my hands in my pockets.

Of note, look at the size of that main stem! That stem is bigger than most of my soil plants at harvest time. Wow.

37999509 65D6 42B6 B606 07F1FFA0E8A8
5AE43813 1379 4532 A9EC BCB1486E2F1A
378C13CE CF7B 446B BECF A4561E1FE569
8F6821AA BF9A 4F49 A61F 0D110EA3CE12
77B85BA3 AA7F 40FD 86EA 832276D6B966
9B3D491F 4223 4BED BBF3 72434126A0D7
DB22E92B 1DF3 474E A5BA EDFBAD41099C
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Just posting a few photos of the current progress. Water temps have been way down and the chiller isn't much required I guess this time of year. Hoping I don't need to get a warmer! lol

Water temps have been 65-66F and the roots are looking awesome. Up top things are going along quickly. Still doing occasional defoliation and LST to get her spread out and fill the tent better before I flip, which I am guess will be very soon. Nodal spacing is off the charts tight, never had a plant so stocky. I can still see the slightest bit of leaf tip burn but it doesn't look like the typical nutrient burn. It's only on a few leaflets and not sure what to make of it, not freaking out or anything, but making note of it in case anyone sees something that I am not.

2176C4BC 0638 49F2 8EBB C4557B67EC22
7DFB8439 0EEE 4AFD 8712 FB46573B9DE8
9FE31CD9 D0C9 496D AB91 519F48259FBB
4C7DF23D 6E7B 45CB BAE5 A9311DBC5C2D
Madmax

Madmax

I think gnick mentioned if its white its the light..i got that on my girls also but never affected them.they dont stretch much either.i had few around 70cm which is pretty short but i didnt mind that.those plants were close to medium node spacing..i tend to take the inner leaves to open them up to get the light down in there..when they are short your light penetration will b excellent.no larf.nice buds right to the bottom 😃

Madmax

Madmax

This gear off jeffs reeks like all buggery 😃.it really stinks haha...beautiful shades of purple on the majority of the phenos.what you smell on the finger rub during flowering is completely oppposite when its dry.OMG 😍 it has bag appeal in spades lol..

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

This gear off jeffs reeks like all buggery 😃.it really stinks haha...beautiful shades of purple on the majority of the phenos.what you smell on the finger rub during flowering is completely oppposite when its dry.OMG 😍 it has bag appeal in spades lol..
Yea, can't wait for this one, super pumped for sure! I just hope I can keep her going this good all the way through and learn a lot along the way. Have you ever seen a lab report from any of the Dragons Flame genetics? They do look beautiful but I'd like to hear how strong and potent his strains are. I plan on getting testing done at the end of the grow but would be cool if there was anything out there to look at in terms of potency potential on his strains.

I love growing Cannabis but I'm totally loving hydro. My only regret is that I didn't go hydro from day one.

Madmax

Madmax

I have alot of confidence that you wont have any dramas.very easy going plants to grow ☺ No .havnt seen one anywhere but i think jeff has tested one along with the terpene profile but i cannot remeber which one it was.im sure jeff will mention something when he call in nxt..i gather the phenos would b slightly different from ea other

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yea, can't wait for this one, super pumped for sure! I just hope I can keep her going this good all the way through and learn a lot along the way. Have you ever seen a lab report from any of the Dragons Flame genetics? They do look beautiful but I'd like to hear how strong and potent his strains are. I plan on getting testing done at the end of the grow but would be cool if there was anything out there to look at in terms of potency potential on his strains.

I love growing Cannabis but I'm totally loving hydro. My only regret is that I didn't go hydro from day one.
I've seen a handful showing 23% - 28%, depending on cultivar. @Dragonsflame might have some lab reports from mischief mike or others he's collabed with that have used his genetics, but I won't speak for him on that front.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter

Really varies by line, but generally the reports for nearly all my genetics have come in 21-30% with generally 1.5-6% terps. Biggest numbers I've seen have been from Congolese kush, seen many reports over the years from that line - 24%-32% and 5-7% terps.

The mac dragon #7 (mom used in all my mac dragon reversals such as the bx1 you are growing) was in the 25-28% range with 2-3% terps.

Modified Macberry Moonshine is another one of my high ones, first run cannaessentails pulled 26% and 4.7% terps, round 2 they pulled 29% and 5.9% terps. Not to say every pheno of that line is that terpene rich, but in general, I smoke a TON so for something to make it into my breeding program they typically have to be potent enough to cut thru my tolerance levels, and if it aint stanky, its not a keeper imo.

Lowest numbers I seen have come outta the amber dragon lines, with those typically coming in 16-20%, dont have terp reports done on those as those were older lines before the terp analysis was so widely available and inexpensive. Ironically, I generally hear back the adrenaline dragon (Super qrazy haze x amber dragon) is one that people don't believe the numbers on as shes so devastingly potent.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
I have alot of confidence that you wont have any dramas.very easy going plants to grow ☺ No .havnt seen one anywhere but i think jeff has tested one along with the terpene profile but i cannot remeber which one it was.im sure jeff will mention something when he call in nxt..i gather the phenos would b slightly different from ea other
yep pheno to pheno, and even same pheno run to run can have very different levels. Generally the type of terps dont change, but in what percentages, and at what thc levels, that can vary from one side of the room to the other side of the room, and one run to the next.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
I've seen a handful showing 23% - 28%, depending on cultivar. @Dragonsflame might have some lab reports from mischief mike or others he's collabed with that have used his genetics, but I won't speak for him on that front.

Yea, the Mischief M cut of Blackberry moonshine bx1 node labs has in tc and has tested, I need to pull it up to get exact numbers as it was honestly lower terp numbers then I was expecting. Wanting to say was mid 20s and just shy of 3% terps. Which is ironic, as that blackberry moonshine bx1 is prob top 5 of my favorite smokes, and easily top 10 loudest I've come across. Then again, that was grown round 1 syntheticly, indoor, and I dont really know the style of grow node labs used. i plan to have my next round tested when I run her in soil under leds indoor, see where Im at with her.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yea, the Mischief M cut of Blackberry moonshine bx1 node labs has in tc and has tested, I need to pull it up to get exact numbers as it was honestly lower terp numbers then I was expecting. Wanting to say was mid 20s and just shy of 3% terps. Which is ironic, as that blackberry moonshine bx1 is prob top 5 of my favorite smokes, and easily top 10 loudest I've come across. Then again, that was grown round 1 syntheticly, indoor, and I dont really know the style of grow node labs used. i plan to have my next round tested when I run her in soil under leds indoor, see where Im at with her.
That will be interesting to see. With the testers, I am going to see if I can find a lab that will accept non-licensed samples as I'm running full synthetic, sterile, in rockwool under LEDs. Obviously not the same as running the same cut in the exact same conditions aside from media being different but it might provide something discussion worthy.

I do agree, though. BMS BX1 has been some of the loudest, most potent stuff I've grown in years. Very unique terp profile, too, which that may be where it gets its potency from since the science has shown a synergistic effect between terpenes and cannabinoids.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Really varies by line, but generally the reports for nearly all my genetics have come in 21-30% with generally 1.5-6% terps. Biggest numbers I've seen have been from Congolese kush, seen many reports over the years from that line - 24%-32% and 5-7% terps.

The mac dragon #7 (mom used in all my mac dragon reversals such as the bx1 you are growing) was in the 25-28% range with 2-3% terps.

Modified Macberry Moonshine is another one of my high ones, first run cannaessentails pulled 26% and 4.7% terps, round 2 they pulled 29% and 5.9% terps. Not to say every pheno of that line is that terpene rich, but in general, I smoke a TON so for something to make it into my breeding program they typically have to be potent enough to cut thru my tolerance levels, and if it aint stanky, its not a keeper imo.

Lowest numbers I seen have come outta the amber dragon lines, with those typically coming in 16-20%, dont have terp reports done on those as those were older lines before the terp analysis was so widely available and inexpensive. Ironically, I generally hear back the adrenaline dragon (Super qrazy haze x amber dragon) is one that people don't believe the numbers on as shes so devastingly potent.

Thank you Jeff for all this great info!

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
no prob! happy to help. I'm really enjoying watching your rdwc grow, I've been debating trying my hand at it. I can't get over how damn clean it looks. Being back in an apartment right now makes the soil really a pain atm as I have to sneak it in, and it makes such a huge mess all the time. Did you make your own setup?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

no prob! happy to help. I'm really enjoying watching your rdwc grow, I've been debating trying my hand at it. I can't get over how damn clean it looks. Being back in an apartment right now makes the soil really a pain atm as I have to sneak it in, and it makes such a huge mess all the time. Did you make your own setup?

Glad to have you on the thread Jeff and thank you for all your great contributions to the Cannabis culture! I'm brand new to RDWC and so I'm flying by the seat of my pants sometimes it feels like, getting some great help here at the Farm and I am learning, can't wait to get a couple RDWC grows under my belt.

This Mac Dragon has been an amazing plant to work with and also challenging. The vigorous genetics together with the hydro makes for an interesting journey so far. I'm trying to get her to spread out and fill the tent better before flip and she just wants to stay squat, lol. It is and will be a great learning experience when said and done.

My system I bought from PA Hydroponics but now that I have my feet wet, I would get the parts and build one myself next time around. Pretty simple plumbing, some buckets, couple of pumps, water and air lines and some air stones. The chiller is a must have for the most part too and I also highly recommend a constant system ppm/ph/temp monitor. As I said before, if I had it to do over I would do hydro from the start, although I am still very interested in growing in organic soil one day.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Cheers I appreciate the kind words. for your ppm ph temp what model monitor are you using?

Madmax

Madmax

How i used to get the branches to spread out i used tropism..bending them out horizontal the auxins go to the darkest side of the branch and makes the cells elongate on one side to turn up to the light.(sun 😃) i just kept bending them down as they turned up.be good if you can tie them to something .bit harder inside..😃i grew like this for stealth so you couldnt see them first 3 months.they look like a strawberry patch 😉
Screenshot 20221109 122850
Screenshot 20221109 122844

Last edited:
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

How i used to get the branches to spread out i used tropism..bending them out horizontal the auxins go to the darkest side of the branch and makes the cells elongate on one side to turn up to the light.(sun 😃) i just kept bending them down as they turned up.be good if you can tie them to something .bit harder inside..😃i grew like this for stealth so you couldnt see them first 3 months.they look like a strawberry patch 😉
Beautiful Max, yea I'm working on the same skill, just not as far along as you!

So I finally had a chance to get in and work on this plant, she was getting out of control. Before and after pics below.

Still working on getting her to fill the tent, did some defoliation and topped a few of the branches that are starting to shoot up, pulled a few toward the outside and tied em down. So far so good with the training of the plant.

Now I just need to work on my own training. I'm looking at the plant and it seems to me she is getting a blue-green hue starting to show, which I believe is may be a major deficiency starting to manifest. PPM's are down under 175 and I know not much of that is nutrients, this girl will be needing to be fed soon. I have not came close to topping off 14.5 gallons yet, wondering if I can get through the whole grow without a res change? So I guess my question would be should I add nutrients in a transition to flower ratio to get to a certain ppm, say 600-800 and start to crank up the light a bit more? I am guessing I will be flipping soon, it may be time already but I really want to fill the tent so open to input here too.

I know I'm going to need to take some action soon here and looking for a bit of guidance.

Before-

A50C895A 7F06 4349 930E 087209FD7DA4

555E4C11 2791 4C0B 9320 E3D2A9C42519
4C508EA1 B935 420F A1A8 C72EE9570D73
E72AB716 AC10 4351 AB63 04E58CFB1F58
3BDD2DEF 5F06 4BF0 8F1D E73615CE6076
13B8B09F 23D1 4626 AF33 D49E167C95BA
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

OK, so I felt it urgent to get in and feed this girl, showing what I believe to be big indicators of that. Blue-green hue and some twisty leaves, not sure if its because of the crowding or a deficiency but I'm leaning toward deficiency.

I did all the math and used the GH chart as a guide for light feeding, I can always increase that if needed. So here is what I did this morning-

Stats before adding nutes-
res volume - 14 gallons
ppm - 160
ph - 6.0

Added 40 ml cal/mag
Added 14 ml enzymes

Then added GH Brown 60 ml - Green 52 ml - Pink 42 ml

ph 5.6

Added 8 ml Tree Trunk brought ph up to 5.8
Added 28 ml Hydroguard

Final PPM sitting at 711.

I will be watching her closely to see what effects this will have but I think I have it dialed in pretty good. Sitting on the light end of the light feeding ppm's and can always increase that if necessary.

@Moe.Red @Aqua Man if you guys are around, what do you think?

Top Bottom