Dragons Flame Mac Dragon bx1 in Updated RDWC System

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm sure you know how hard it's been to let that thing set so long! I have not even unboxed it yet, super stoked, you bet 😀

That would be super cool! I am super happy, feeling very blessed by it all.

Not sure what is going in the new system but might be starting from seed. It's not the ideal in my situation but still trying to figure that out. I almost tossed those 4 clones of Mendel's Tropic of Censer but in the end, I still have them, they are fine, just brown on the roots. That would be my only alternative to a seed run but I would have to treat those roots as we discussed previously. Let me ask you this- Can I use Hydroguard the same way I would Orca or Great White on those roots before they went in the system? I never did order that stuff.
yes you can. Can also clean them up with peroxide first. Do a dip into a peroxide bath first, give them a couple days to recover, then hit them with HG. Should clean right up for you.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thank you.

No rush here so take your time, but can you please be more specific about the H2O2 bath as well as the HG? I've seen your videos where you do that so I know the procedure, but how much to dilute? I got a gallon of 12% H2O2, I'm assuming I don't want to go full strength. Should I also dilute the Hydroguard?

Also, just thinking out loud here, should I dunk them in H2O2 and then put them back in the cloner? I could change out the water at the same time too? Or perhaps just dump some H2O2 in the cloner, then change it out after a couple of days? Then dunk them in the hydroguard and put them back in the cloner until my system is ready?

I'm sitting here thinking about this and I'm imagining there are a number of ways it could be done. Your advice is always appreciated bro!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thank you.

No rush here so take your time, but can you please be more specific about the H2O2 bath as well as the HG? I've seen your videos where you do that so I know the procedure, but how much to dilute? I got a gallon of 12% H2O2, I'm assuming I don't want to go full strength. Should I also dilute the Hydroguard?

Also, just thinking out loud here, should I dunk them in H2O2 and then put them back in the cloner? I could change out the water at the same time too? Or perhaps just dump some H2O2 in the cloner, then change it out after a couple of days? Then dunk them in the hydroguard and put them back in the cloner until my system is ready?

I'm sitting here thinking about this and I'm imagining there are a number of ways it could be done. Your advice is always appreciated bro!
yeah any of those ways will work. Do whatever is easiest.

As far as concentration, 100PPM is balls out sterilization and will make your roots red.
50PPM is I got a serious root rot problem and I need it gone now. Can't leave it here tho.
10PPM is effective at killing everything without too much root damage
3 - 5PPM is maintenance levels.

So probably 10PPM for you? You gotta judge by how bad the roots look. Keep in mind as you "use" peroxide the PPM goes down. So if the rot bioload is large, you need more peroxide to start with to end up at a specific PPM.

So if you want 10PPM and you have 1L of water, .01mL of 100% will give you 10PPM. So divide the .01 by 12%, or pretty close to .1ml/l is the dosing rate. Just a dab'll do ya. That assumes no peroxide consumption due to bioload.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Figured I would let you get a look, I do not think they are terrible but definitely need some tlc.

IMG 2051
IMG 2052

So my plan would be dump the water and add fresh RO. Take that ppm and add my h2o2 to raise by 10 ppm. I usually add a couple hundred ppm of A and B from my Humboldt's Secret nutrients. Then run it for a couple of days. Then I am imagining I would need to dump it and then run fresh RO water, rinse and repeat till I get a zero ppm on my test strips. Sound like a plan?

Thanks so much bro for helping me get this plan B going, this is going to be an important grow for me. I'm real glad I did not toss these now.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Figured I would let you get a look, I do not think they are terrible but definitely need some tlc.

View attachment 1328566View attachment 1328567

So my plan would be dump the water and add fresh RO. Take that ppm and add my h2o2 to raise by 10 ppm. I usually add a couple hundred ppm of A and B from my Humboldt's Secret nutrients. Then run it for a couple of days. Then I am imagining I would need to dump it and then run fresh RO water, rinse and repeat till I get a zero ppm on my test strips. Sound like a plan?

Thanks so much bro for helping me get this plan B going, this is going to be an important grow for me. I'm real glad I did not toss these now.
Yeah those aren’t that bad. That will clear it up.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

OK, so I got in there and dumped the water added 2 gallons RO and ph'ed it to 5.8. Added almost 1ml 12% h2o2, didn't move the TDS on my meter. So I got my test strips and realized I got the wrong ones, the smallest it recognizes next to zero is 500 ppm, doht!

Will the h2o2 show on my TDS meter? I added another .5 ml, nothing on the meter. I figure worse case, I got 15 ppms h2o2 and I can dilute it. Weird, not what I was expecting. Perhaps the h2o2 must be measured with test strips, the RIGHT ones, lol. I'm banking on I have at least 10 ppm h2o2 in there, shut the lid and turned the pump back on.

Question- Will I be able to notice anything happening on the roots now that I have the h2o2 in there? Foaming, frothing, whitening???? I have to assume it's there, I just can't recognize it yet but wanted to know what to look for.

Meanwhile, the Mac Dragon has all but quit drinking. PPM's rose by about 7 over night, she took maybe a quart. Trichomes still looking like they need more time. I have read where some strains don't always amber up. I'm going for more sedative medicine and CBN this go round, what do you think Jeff @Dragonsflame, should I expect more amber soon? I'm just the other side of 9 full weeks since the onset of flower. Here is a fresh look at the trichs.

5DABA6CF 9768 47AD A868 0C0CA29A3FB4
7CA63D46 45DE 4993 B0DC F61F8FFAFF23
B74046AC 43C7 481B A5AE 9CA285E671A3
4DD680C8 3E62 4473 AE97 87930514328A
B72988FE 9CDF 4392 A269 D459FA8B8F9E
EF029643 6B60 4B68 8D9F B266CCFB3975
FD2DCB79 4E4F 4F31 91C3 740BA4D3BF98
Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
OK, so I got in there and dumped the water added 2 gallons RO and ph'ed it to 5.8. Added almost 1ml 12% h2o2, didn't move the TDS on my meter. So I got my test strips and realized I got the wrong ones, the smallest it recognizes next to zero is 500 ppm, doht!

Will the h2o2 show on my TDS meter? I added another .5 ml, nothing on the meter. I figure worse case, I got 15 ppms h2o2 and I can dilute it. Weird, not what I was expecting. Perhaps the h2o2 must be measured with test strips, the RIGHT ones, lol. I'm banking on I have at least 10 ppm h2o2 in there, shut the lid and turned the pump back on.

Question- Will I be able to notice anything happening on the roots now that I have the h2o2 in there? Foaming, frothing, whitening???? I have to assume it's there, I just can't recognize it yet but wanted to know what to look for.

Meanwhile, the Mac Dragon has all but quit drinking. PPM's rose by about 7 over night, she took maybe a quart. Trichomes still looking like they need more time. I have read where some strains don't always amber up. I'm going for more sedative medicine and CBN this go round, what do you think Jeff @Dragonsflame, should I expect more amber soon? I'm just the other side of 9 full weeks since the onset of flower. Here is a fresh look at the trichs.

Based on the way the full plant / bud shots look, Id say shes right at the end. generally Ive been outdoor or in greenhouses, so I typically am more forced to harvest by climate factors. But that said - she looks nicely faded, bracts swollen, no visible pistils, and im not seeing many clear heads, everything looks cloudy and amber to me. So Id say at this point shes pretty well ripe, and now its just up to your preference. The deeper you go, the more sedative she will get, and she definitely could do more amber if you want to go deeper. Really your call. Perhaps (especially if you have a clone saved and plan to rerun potentially) maybe pull a cola or two now, and then harvest the remaining the following week, and see when dried which provided the effect your looking for, and for next run, you can know for sure where to take her to get the result you want.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That is what I thought, lol

I will order the right test strips now.
Sorry for the short answer before, was working.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em and I will too.
Makes everything funny.

The long answer is that TDC/PPM based on EC measures salts in the water. In a nutshell, the more salts there are, the more potentially free electrons, therefore lower electrical resistance. Bit more involved than that, but nutrients fall into that category of molecules that have electrons with loose moral character that will hop on the next dude with only a minor push. Know anybody like that? Those electrons are kinda whorish IMO, but we wouldn't be here typing without them.

That first puff was nice.

EC is measured in micro Siemens per centimeter (μS/cm). That's the measurement of electrical resistance thing I mentioned above. With siemen right there in the units, you know this is getting hot. Stay with me, this might go xXx rated. Puff puff.

Resistance is best envisioned by blowing on a straw of different diameters. The size of the pipe determines how much air you can push thru. Adding salts increases the size of the tube in a measurable way. With semen. Lots and lots of semen.

Now Peroxide is a prissy bitch. She thinks she has impeccable morals, and proves it by killing stuff I guess? Her resistance is like trying to blow thru a needle. She can eventually have her knees cracked open and get some micro semen in there, but on a whole different level than those slutty salts. Sinners.

At the end of the spectrum is distilled water. Yup, you take the dirt out and her knees slam shut over her laser targeting chastity belt. We will NOT be moving electrons or sharing any semens. Not in the LAWDs house.

So let's say you are probing. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Lets say you measure with a probe and want to measure slutty molecules. So report to the grower just how dirty he is making his water by adding salts. You need to be looking for molecules that are like 2s, 3s, maybe up to 5, but sixes don't need to give it up to any random dude they bump into, they can be more selective. So you are looking for molecules that can take a lot of semen.

H2O2 is like a 9 on that scale. Your futile little probe has no chance reading semen on her. You got a probe that only works on sex worker molecules.

If you want to measure H2O2 levels with an electrical probe in the 10PPM range, you better be Brad Pitt.

Use these instead:

This post brought to you by Bubba Kush.

Observationist

Observationist

Guess I'ma turn my lights back up a little?
Me neither, I just play one on a weed forum.

I'm an engineer thru and thru, balls to bones. I can't help but look at everything thru that lens.

My methods around lighting, harvests, etc are based on years of personal experience with making changes, and testing product. I can't tell you how many TLC tests I have done, but it is easily triple digits in plates with 4 tests per plate. I try something, and actually test the cannabinoid results in my basement. Sciency yes, strictly scientific, no. I still work with too many variables for this to be considered any sort of gospel. But I think I have a good understanding of the trends.

So when I say that I run them full bore right to the end, or in a quote above I say exotics come out the longer you flower, or CBN might be measurable if you do this - it's based on personal experience and measurements.

I can go into this in detail (I used to have tons of videos up here that showed my TLC process, results, etc and they have all been scrubbed due to forum updates) but the short answer is, I have found that running them hard right to the end gives the best, most complex result if max cannabinoids per unit of weight are what you are after.

My videos are too long to re-upload to the farm, and links to external video sources are no longer allowed, but I'm sure I can come up with some pics that would suffice to explain.

Here is an example where I tested some product from 3Chai that I recommended to SLG earlier

I'm very open to input or criticism about my processes. I got thick skin and will stay here debating forever as long as the debate is an intelligent one. I think we have a great crew on this thread, just don't tell the trolls what we are talking about.

Observationist

Observationist

Makes everything funny.

The long answer is that TDC/PPM based on EC measures salts in the water. In a nutshell, the more salts there are, the more potentially free electrons, therefore lower electrical resistance. Bit more involved than that, but nutrients fall into that category of molecules that have electrons with loose moral character that will hop on the next dude with only a minor push. Know anybody like that? Those electrons are kinda whorish IMO, but we wouldn't be here typing without them.

EC is measured in micro Siemens per centimeter (μS/cm). That's the measurement of electrical resistance thing I mentioned above. With siemen right there in the units, you know this is getting hot. Stay with me, this might go xXx rated. Puff puff.

Resistance is best envisioned by blowing on a straw of different diameters. The size of the pipe determines how much air you can push thru. Adding salts increases the size of the tube in a measurable way. With semen. Lots and lots of semen.

Now Peroxide is a prissy bitch. She thinks she has impeccable morals, and proves it by killing stuff I guess? Her resistance is like trying to blow thru a needle. She can eventually have her knees cracked open and get some micro semen in there, but on a whole different level than those slutty salts. Sinners.

At the end of the spectrum is distilled water. Yup, you take the dirt out and her knees slam shut over her laser targeting chastity belt. We will NOT be moving electrons or sharing any semens. Not in the LAWDs house.

Lets say you measure with a probe and want to measure slutty molecules. So report to the grower just how dirty he is making his water by adding salts. You need to be looking for molecules that are like 2s, 3s, maybe up to 5, but sixes don't need to give it up to any random dude they bump into, they can be more selective. So you are looking for molecules that can take a lot of semen.

H2O2 is like a 9 on that scale. Your futile little probe has no chance reading semen on her. You got a probe that only works on sex worker molecules.

If you want to measure H2O2 levels with an electrical probe in the 10PPM range, you better be Brad Pitt.

Use these instead:

Lmao....

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

BTW I still can't see the whole bud (don't touch it to get pics!! ) but I'm thinking over a pound bro. 19 ounces is the new number. Even without that first bud. You try it yet?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Makes everything funny.

Use these instead:

DANG! Reading this I feel like I need to leave $20 on the nightstand after I feed the girls........

Maybe I need to start a nutrient line called Hooker Organics! 😳 😄

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

BTW I still can't see the whole bud (don't touch it to get pics!! ) but I'm thinking over a pound bro. 19 ounces is the new number. Even without that first bud. You try it yet?

19 oz's would be amazing, even an lb. I have not tried it yet, was going to do a mini batch of rso but have not had time.

Appliances installed today, yay 🎉

AD84CA99 49CD 49AB BF28 E27DC098EE73

Here is a photo of one in the back that fell over. Gives you an idea of her bottom end.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

I could move a blurple in there and turn on the red.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ah, urs are doing it too.

The color change up top, greener bottom side
It's lack of photons down there.

Fewer, larger colas with good defoliation helps to get better light penetration. In a perfect world, you want sugar leaves on the colas, and all fan leaves trimmed up to the bottom of the buds.

You will also find that the tops of these colas smoke different than the bottoms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom