Dragons Flame Mac Dragon bx1 in Updated RDWC System

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

For me the answer to reaching 4 pounds in a 4x8 was fewer better buds. Over an ounce a bud dry. Tanned all the way to the bottom.

Sure makes trimming easier.

Getting buds in the right density with room to breathe like outdoors is the answer. Growing mini trees. If yield is the #1 goal. Sometimes it's not.
I need to up my air flow.

But not too feasible right now.

Thanks.

#1 quality
#2 yield from a productive perspective.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I’m not high tonight not gonna write another stoner soliloquy of innuendo.

There are things you can do to tune your grow in any of those directions. Way too many to list. Thc % is nearly all genetic tho if you are a successful grower. SLG could probably not have increased his thc on this grow.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Love ya man, this is not an indictment at all. Just trying to explain in my own feeble way.

Yup, you got your point across brother. I totally see how and why you are teaching this, thank you for taking the time to mentor me!

I guess I am looking for a bit of advice as I continue to wait. Took a closer look this morning and def seeing more amber but is it enough? My gut tells me no, but what exactly does a lot of amber look like? I have def seen photos with more amber than what I am seeing, I am just surprised to see her ripen so slowly. I always thought the process was much quicker.

So all of December and January in full flower, almost 10 days in Feb now, near as I can tell I'm approaching the middle of the 10th week. Surprisingly, she took about 1/4 - 1/3 gallon of water this morning. My gut says wait, but I don't want to pass a point where thc continues to degrade with no further benefit. Going for full on couch lock, am I there yet?

E9B3F085 5100 450B AB4F 1AA535C49AE7
FD24CD60 A496 42AF A0EA FEB3FEADDBAE
06344D1F 19F7 45DC BFF9 2E5ABA3D242D
1CCCC87E 1D1F 4970 8269 EC0D81CB1C27
3D79785C 994C 4E49 8650 5DE8EC8801ED
15E21261 80BA 4A6D B7A3 5E30BFF37AEF
207FE9D0 4D15 4342 B020 AAAD50C58D3C
7E766C61 C811 4C4E 8135 8201FE7CE2BC
CB75F3A2 641A 495C 8D2B 3A1F53FD6A90
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If you had UV, I'd tell you to run that to finish her off quicker.

Since you are making rso out of this for edibles (are suppositories called assables?) I'd probably say take her this weekend, and add CBN if you do not get as much couchlock as you would like. Keep the best, highest buds separate from the rest and do a blind test to see if you can tell a difference.

I got a few grams here of CBN I can share with you when I send the twist lock stuff if you want. You can buy it pretty cheap too. I think it's like $10/gram for 100% CBN. You are only adding at a 5:1 max ratio of THC:CBN (more like 10:1 for normal meds), so a few grams will last you a long time.

The other thing you can do to induce more CBN out in the cure is to not cure in the dark. Light will also degrade THCa to CBN.

It could be perfect the way it is tho, just need to try it for yourself.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Nicely done! I'm trying my first scrog right now with Mac Dragon bx1. Hopefully I can get results like yours. Anything I should know? Here's my setup.. budged her for 14 weeks put her in the flower tent and put a scrog net over her so I didn't have it under a net in veg.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nicely done! I'm trying my first scrog right now with Mac Dragon bx1. Hopefully I can get results like yours. Anything I should know? Here's my setup.. budged her for 14 weeks put her in the flower tent and put a scrog net over her so I didn't have it under a net in veg.View attachment 1329723
I got one piece of advice, get that dirt out of those buckets, you want just water and nutes at this point.

Just kidding of course, they look nice.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Looks like you got it dialed in pretty good bro, only thing I could say is she is a light feeder all the way. Seems like she likes at least 9 full weeks of flower, and a tad bit more as well.
I like taking them a little longer myself. I have 4 Haole Moonshine plants in week 9 of flower and because of the different phenos some will definitely go longer than others.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Hey Fam!

Been super busy getting my grow room finished, textured and caulked yesterday and painted today. Got some more painting to do tomorrow, install some outlet covers and I am good to f'n go! Kitchen is finished, waiting on my friend to come over and hook up the gas line for the stove, my sexy wife is very happy and already moving in, and well, as they say, happy wife, happy life. My 6 month nightmare is officially over 🎉🥳

Finally, this week I will be setting up my new 5x5 and building the new 4 site RDWC system, probably starting on Wednesday. The clones have been inoculated with h2o2 and are currently running sterile in my aeroponic cloner. The roots that are hanging into the water look fantastic, the upper roots that were brown are still brown but I have to assume everything but the plant in there is dead. I was thinking of raising the water level to get the rest of the roots submerged, just leave that pump and sprayer in there stirring everything up instead of an airstone. It's only a matter of days before they go in the system.

I ordered low level h2o2 test strips so that I can make sure I have zero ppm in that bucket before I introduce them to a live system. I have to go to the big city on Tuesday for Dr. appts and figure on Wednesday I can replace all the water in the clone bucket with fresh RO only, run that for a day or two and test for h2o2, rinse and repeat if necessary, all while I am building the system, getting the new light unboxed, etc.

I had planned on harvesting the Mac Dragon today but I'm too tired now so gonna get after it tomorrow. I did look at the trich's again this morning, not much change and she is still drinking, about 1/2 gallon today. She definitely looking ripe.

Top Bottom