Dragons Flame Mac Dragon bx1 in Updated RDWC System

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

Sorry for the short answer before, was working.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em and I will too.
Makes everything funny.

The long answer is that TDC/PPM based on EC measures salts in the water. In a nutshell, the more salts there are, the more potentially free electrons, therefore lower electrical resistance. Bit more involved than that, but nutrients fall into that category of molecules that have electrons with loose moral character that will hop on the next dude with only a minor push. Know anybody like that? Those electrons are kinda whorish IMO, but we wouldn't be here typing without them.

That first puff was nice.

EC is measured in micro Siemens per centimeter (μS/cm). That's the measurement of electrical resistance thing I mentioned above. With siemen right there in the units, you know this is getting hot. Stay with me, this might go xXx rated. Puff puff.

Resistance is best envisioned by blowing on a straw of different diameters. The size of the pipe determines how much air you can push thru. Adding salts increases the size of the tube in a measurable way. With semen. Lots and lots of semen.

Now Peroxide is a prissy bitch. She thinks she has impeccable morals, and proves it by killing stuff I guess? Her resistance is like trying to blow thru a needle. She can eventually have her knees cracked open and get some micro semen in there, but on a whole different level than those slutty salts. Sinners.

At the end of the spectrum is distilled water. Yup, you take the dirt out and her knees slam shut over her laser targeting chastity belt. We will NOT be moving electrons or sharing any semens. Not in the LAWDs house.

So let's say you are probing. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Lets say you measure with a probe and want to measure slutty molecules. So report to the grower just how dirty he is making his water by adding salts. You need to be looking for molecules that are like 2s, 3s, maybe up to 5, but sixes don't need to give it up to any random dude they bump into, they can be more selective. So you are looking for molecules that can take a lot of semen.

H2O2 is like a 9 on that scale. Your futile little probe has no chance reading semen on her. You got a probe that only works on sex worker molecules.

If you want to measure H2O2 levels with an electrical probe in the 10PPM range, you better be Brad Pitt.

Use these instead:

This post brought to you by Bubba Kush.
I have the weirdest boner after reading this. So confused..

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Fewer, larger colas with good defoliation helps to get better light penetration. In a perfect world, you want sugar leaves on the colas, and all fan leaves trimmed up to the bottom of the buds.
I think I'm going to see a big difference on the Mendel grow. Got in there yesterday and picked my bud sites like there's no tomorrow, threw all caution to the wind. I think I picked 25 and may reduce that down but I'm waiting to see which ones if any need to get an early chop.

Funny, I thought the Mac Dragon had finished drinking. Had to add another 1/2 gallon this morning when I saw the giant ketchup bottle again this morning. Gonna verify that with my scope but figuring a few more days yet.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I dunno dude. I've been married a long time lol.
Me too. I fully understand gallows humor.

I think I'm going to see a big difference on the Mendel grow. Got in there yesterday and picked my bud sites like there's no tomorrow, threw all caution to the wind. I think I picked 25 and may reduce that down but I'm waiting to see which ones if any need to get an early chop.

Funny, I thought the Mac Dragon had finished drinking. Had to add another 1/2 gallon this morning when I saw the giant ketchup bottle again this morning. Gonna verify that with my scope but figuring a few more days yet.
Looks to me like the lower leaves that are not in direct light are being picked clean. The white parts is what I am talking about - that is not some kind of bleaching. That's my guess as to why you are not needing to feed her. The plant is pretty much telling you those leaves are not providing value in terms of sugar production (no photosynthesis without light) so might as well use them as food. At least that is my read. This is where the 16 cola thing can help you with added size. in a 4x4 you have 16 square feet. Each bud gets its own foot and all the photons that fall on that foot. With room between the buds, you get light to the lower parts of the cola, making those leaves turn into sugar sources rather than the plant eating them for food.

You also get better gas exchange spreading things out, bringing in the necessary CO2.

Photosynthesis = 6CO2 + 6H2O → C6H12O6 + 6O2

Add CO2, H2O and photons to chlorophyl and get sugar + O2.

You are giving those leaves water, it has to be light or CO2 missing to turn the lower leaves on. Make sense?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Me too. I fully understand gallows humor.

Looks to me like the lower leaves that are not in direct light are being picked clean. The white parts is what I am talking about - that is not some kind of bleaching. That's my guess as to why you are not needing to feed her. The plant is pretty much telling you those leaves are not providing value in terms of sugar production (no photosynthesis without light) so might as well use them as food. At least that is my read. This is where the 16 cola thing can help you with added size. in a 4x4 you have 16 square feet. Each bud gets its own foot and all the photons that fall on that foot. With room between the buds, you get light to the lower parts of the cola, making those leaves turn into sugar sources rather than the plant eating them for food.

You also get better gas exchange spreading things out, bringing in the necessary CO2.

Photosynthesis = 6CO2 + 6H2O → C6H12O6 + 6O2

Add CO2, H2O and photons to chlorophyl and get sugar + O2.

You are giving those leaves water, it has to be light or CO2 missing to turn the lower leaves on. Make sense?
Interesting. Do you feel that the genetics of each plant maximize in regards to flower production by limiting the bud sites 1 per sq/ft/?

Observationist

Observationist

It's lack of photons down there.

Fewer, larger colas with good defoliation helps to get better light penetration. In a perfect world, you want sugar leaves on the colas, and all fan leaves trimmed up to the bottom of the buds.

You will also find that the tops of these colas smoke different than the bottoms.
Figured something to do with the light.

I' started to defol some

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Interesting. Do you feel that the genetics of each plant maximize in regards to flower production by limiting the bud sites 1 per sq/ft/?
I've been talking to SLG about this across threads, so you are only hearing part of my thesis.

When training plants, I typically do 4, 8 16 colas. This makes the stalks roughly the same size to all bud sites because they are all halfed in the same way.

His spot is 4x4. So the 16 in a 4x4 would be a good fit for him. I think he has almost 30 here now?

I do not think that all genetics are the same or require the same space or number of nodes or anything like that. You still have to adapt to what your plant gives you.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I generally try not to defol deep into flower. Not sure where you are, and I would not make that recommendation to SLG at this time.
The defol technique that seems to be the technique of choice is to defol prior to flip and defol 20 days into flower. Some will schwazz on the 20 day flower.

Why do you feel it is not a good idea to defol later in flower?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

His spot is 4x4. So the 16 in a 4x4 would be a good fit for him. I think he has almost 30 here now?
Correction- 3x3 here. My new tent is 5x5 for the Raging Kush.

30 on the Mac Dragon? I dunno, I have not counted, just started doing that. You started me on that and I think I have 25 or 26 on the Mendel plant, most likely will pull some of those to fall more in line with what you are teaching here Moe. I will get better at this, I'm learning a ton here as I go.

Observationist

Observationist

I generally try not to defol deep into flower. Not sure where you are, and I would not make that recommendation to SLG at this time.
2~4 weeks from ripe, hopefully.

Just removed a few, blocking, ones twisting and colliding on other colas, overshadowed etc.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Correction- 3x3 here. My new tent is 5x5 for the Raging Kush.

30 on the Mac Dragon? I dunno, I have not counted, just started doing that. You started me on that and I think I have 25 or 26 on the Mendel plant, most likely will pull some of those to fall more in line with what you are teaching here Moe. I will get better at this, I'm learning a ton here as I go.
Love ya man, this is not an indictment at all. Just trying to explain in my own feeble way.

Marked MAc

Thats 28 circles. Perhaps some are wrong. But you took one already and I think there is one that has fallen down not seen in the pic.

so call it 30 in a 3x3 = 3.3 colas per square foot if my math is right.

Observationist

Observationist

Love ya man, this is not an indictment at all. Just trying to explain in my own feeble way.

View attachment 1329198

Thats 28 circles. Perhaps some are wrong. But you took one already and I think there is one that has fallen down not seen in the pic.

so call it 30 in a 3x3 = 3.3 colas per square foot if my math is right.
I see you're logic

Nice.

28 - 3 per in a 3x3 grid.

So that .3 left is 3.0

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I see you're logic

Nice.

28 - 3 per in a 3x3 grid.

So that .3 left is 3.0
Yeah, thats packed in such a way you are guaranteed an uneven harvest top to bottom. You feel the difference bigtime when trimming. There are gonna be parts on this plant that are fluffy and light green. Those will not be as ripe as SLG wants them to be.

Good news is he recognizes this and can separate the best buds from the rest, and those top hard buds are the knockout meds. The rest is probably more daytime.

EDIT: I know this from experience, I've done this a bunch of times to myself. And worse. Recently when I was doing the hospital thing. Probably will again. I should listen to myself lol.

Observationist

Observationist

Yeah, thats packed in such a way you are guaranteed an uneven harvest top to bottom. You feel the difference bigtime when trimming. There are gonna be parts on this plant that are fluffy and light green. Those will not be as ripe as SLG wants them to be.

Good news is he recognizes this and can separate the best buds from the rest, and those top hard buds are the knockout meds. The rest is probably more daytime.

EDIT: I know this from experience, I've done this a bunch of times to myself. And worse. Recently when I was doing the hospital thing. Probably will again. I should listen to myself lol.
Partial harvest?

Cut the tops when ripe , and let em ride?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Partial harvest?

Cut the tops when ripe , and let em ride?
Done that before, it works to an extent. But the plants ability to produce sugar is waning, and removing the best most productive part of the plant at this point would just stall her out. It would not ripen like the other parts no matter what you do at this point. But SLG was absolutely 100% right to wait to harvest. I think he's still gonna hit my original estimate on top shelf meds, and then have a bit extra that's not quite as potent, but still better than a dispensary. So total win, but he's already planning the next grow, so all stuff to consider what to change next time, if anything.

Observationist

Observationist

Done that before, it works to an extent. But the plants ability to produce sugar is waning, and removing the best most productive part of the plant at this point would just stall her out.
Thanks for the info...I know fuck all.
It would not ripen like the other parts no matter what you do at this point.
Oh =(
But SLG was absolutely 100% right to wait to harvest. I think he's still gonna hit my original estimate on top shelf meds, and then have a bit extra that's not quite as potent, but still better than a dispensary. So total win,
Awesome, They do look great up top
but he's already planning the next grow, so all stuff to consider what to change next time, if anything.

What would be a solution?
More light/space between plants?

Tilt and rotate them like a cork screw (lol)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks for the info...I know fuck all.

Oh =(

Awesome, They do look great up top

What would be a solution?
More light/space between plants?

Tilt and rotate them like a cork screw (lol)
For me the answer to reaching 4 pounds in a 4x8 was fewer better buds. Over an ounce a bud dry. Tanned all the way to the bottom.

Sure makes trimming easier.

Getting buds in the right density with room to breathe like outdoors is the answer. Growing mini trees. If yield is the #1 goal. Sometimes it's not.

Top Bottom