Dropped leaves over and over again

• Thread starter iveweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I took my comment down. I’m backing away slowly. Best of luck!

B

Bdubs

I hope so. I’d just transplant if I was moving it around. This plant is not too bad but there is so much missing information. None answered to help him directly. It will take weeks to figure it all out for him because this is multiple problems. Back to the basics is all I am trying to tell this growmie

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
incorrect watering which i’ve told you how to correct and the incorrect watering has lead to a “weak” root system,.. than light being too much in the red spectrum (hps), metal halide or even a T5 would be perfect for you would of been better than the hps.. any other issues are from those 2..
start watering correctly than in 10 days or so trim off the bottom branches/leaves a few inches, than a couple days later put her into flower..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your grow area has no light reflection so your lower growth is yellowing and weak because of improper watering and light penetration/reflection..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
incorrect watering which i’ve told you how to correct and the incorrect watering has lead to a “weak” root system,.. than light being too much in the red spectrum (hps), metal halide or even a T5 would be perfect for you would of been better than the hps.. any other issues are from those 2..
start watering correctly than in 10 days or so trim off the bottom branches/leaves a few inches, than a couple days later put her into flower..
Good word on the t5 lamps, they are very cheap too.

Porky1982

Porky1982

I didn't learn anything tho, I used good soil, good pot, I fixed the light problem distance, I fixed the watering issue, I transplanted as well, for what? Toss it?
The tiny one will be soon ready to dry and I will set another plant. I really don't understand what I did SO wrong to fuck all up. Anyway, can I just cut the very top part and force it to flowering

You need to let her flower and push her. If she fails she is done and start a new one and create the environment she needs. Refine. Keep refining. The process is fast and exhilarating at first, to get a yield of quality. But focus and Control consistency in the environment, and nutrients. Water her when she is light to lift compared to watered. That’s it really. Failure is required to excel.

I mentor a young kid and train him for work. Personal perseverance and patience is key to success. It is how you take your failures and alter them to your advantage to become better, the best. I always say “Get good” after a mistake, because if you don’t tell yoursef that, you won’t get good. Patience is the final step in all learning processes. It takes patience to create processes for everything, it isn’t OCD, it’s training yourself to be an analytical thinker and putting things into perspective. That is what will make you be good at all things..patience…..and killing a lot of plants before you Get Good.
Fuck poor kid!! 🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
i’ve grown huge plants with them that look not much different than ones i grow with the 1000 watt metal halide
Yep they throw down, just very different height light dynamics. They produce.

I

iveweed

That's my current bulb light.

Is this T5 good? https://www.amazon.it/Niello-Spectrum-Coltivazione-riflettore-Margherita/dp/B08P2G1VQW
(I know, that's in Italian but please you could use Google translate for the description, I need it for 2 plants).

Afterwards I will change the light am I to understand that I should wait the soil to dry off before watering, after 10 days I should cut the bottom branches (until which branch?) And after a couple of days switch to 12h light in order to flowering? Right?

IMG 20231108 230714
DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Feminized plant, 40d old. It gets 16h light with a HPS light, 450+ ppfd at the very top. The medium is always moist but since it's compacted I think roots can absorb water. I water with 0,5L water ph 6 every day(the water drops at the base of the fabric pot now, I squeeze the medium every day to avoid compaction). After watering, leaves rise up for 10/12h, afterwards dropping leaves start over. Once a week I give a bit of fertilizer with nitrogen in.
Average temperature 28 degrees and 50%+ humidity.
Some advice? Do I need transplant,?
This is lack of water.
Your plants are drying out quickly too fast; you should only be watering every 3 days or so.
Fabric pots dry much faster than traditional nursery pots.
Raise humidity to 60Rh to reduce evaporation; 50RH is good for blooming, but veg needs higher humidity.
De-foliar on the bottom 1/3 of the plant, and delete lower bud sites that wont turn into anything profitable;
This will reduce excess transpiration.
You will need to up-size your pots before flowering so you might as well do it now.
Squeezing your pots so often can stress and stunt the plant, avoid doing this.
Looks like the plant might be under light stress, or heat stress from the light being so close.
You would benefit from topping your plants earlier in their vegetative stage.

Last edited:
I

iveweed

This is lack of water.
Your plants are drying out quickly too fast; you should only be watering every 3 days or so.
Fabric pots dry much faster than traditional nursery pots.
Raise humidity to 60Rh to reduce evaporation; 50RH is good for blooming, but veg needs higher humidity.
De-foliar on the bottom 1/3 of the plant, and delete lower bud sites that wont turn into anything profitable;
This will reduce excess transpiration.
You will need to up-size your pots before flowering so you might as well do it now.
Squeezing your pots so often can stress and stunt the plant, avoid doing this.
Looks like the plant might be under light stress, or heat stress from the light being so close.
You would benefit from topping your plants earlier in their vegetative stage.
Unfortunately many users have said the opposite. Thx anyway.

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Unfortunately many users have said the opposite. Thx anyway.
Even if so, it is still related to watering issues, among many others that users have pointed out that will need to be corrected if you hope to grow a clean and healthy flower.
Note: there is much to learn otherwise from the information I provided, if the desire to learn is present.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That's my current bulb light.

Is this T5 good? https://www.amazon.it/Niello-Spectrum-Coltivazione-riflettore-Margherita/dp/B08P2G1VQW
(I know, that's in Italian but please you could use Google translate for the description, I need it for 2 plants).

Afterwards I will change the light am I to understand that I should wait the soil to dry off before watering, after 10 days I should cut the bottom branches (until which branch?) And after a couple of days switch to 12h light in order to flowering? Right?
what brand is that hps light?

Top Bottom