Dropped leaves over and over again

• Thread starter iveweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunasun

Sunasun

Ok, why am I suppose to do that?

Did you take a look to the pics?
Yeah, they look like shit. Just didn't want to hurt your feelings.
What kind of light do you have and what is your soil temperature?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Your plant looks like a sativa dominant plant & looks like the plant would triple in hight come flowering and it doesn’t look like you have the hight.

You might want to bend the top and tie it to the bottom of the plant it will help it bush out more.

Your plant has all sorts of problems to close to the light ,nutrient problems ect it’s why a few said kill it as it might be quicker to start again.

I can see you don’t want to do it.

the small plant flowering put it on something to raise it so it’s not so far away from the light.

The large plant I can see clawing from to much n and the tops getting to hot 🥵 bend it down

I can’t fully diagnose your feeding problems as there’s many but that’s where you need to look

The root system will be a mess with the overwatering

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I went over this again
See if I could add anything more useful.

One major thing is the light it’s a hps by the looks of it they throw out a lot of heat to much for how close the tall plant is by the looks in the photo. It should be a minimum of 18” away from the top.

I think the best advice was on the first page when it comes to your npk.

Looking at the small plant she’s getting to much n for flowering.

your food is 14-16-18 consider getting some new nutes those numbers aren’t really that good for either flowering or veg.

It’s more of a high n flowering ratio with too much n for flowering cannabis

Last edited:
B

Bdubs

Basically to keep it going you need to hammer down every stress she has and let her cruise.
-90degree LsT to reduce the temps on the plant. Even the top being super hot is stressing the whole thing.
-Watering practices on point (if you do now great, be sure).
-Consistency of nutrient strength and proper growth phase transitions.
-Switch to humidity below 50.
-Reduce room temps to below 80.
-Have no fans blowing air On the cloth pot (aim it up and over the plant into the corner).
-After all that - No touchie focus feed
😳 Do it and follow a feed chart for one product line. No proprietary random brand stuff based off npk or guessing what works together, that’s advanced. You Should bend it over and raise the pot if needed so you don’t have height issues. You will have a massive bush of buds that way, so it will help the plant a lot! Just don’t force her, take her as far as she lets you safely. I’d leave her just like that and bend her over though until I see the plant budging the soil. Tether as far to the end of the main, that has enough strength to hold the weight of the bend. It does not have to be 90, even 50 degrees will suffice. It’s all about giving her more photosynthesis because what you have going on is little light coverage and over feeding/wrong nutrient composition and too close to the light. She is on full tilt stretch because it’s stressed out in high temps with overgrowth/over activity from consistent high temps. Gotta get those temps in the 70s at her top (topS plural if you bend it! Plant temps drop when you bend it away from the light and Keep 20” distance. When you run 80s temps she is going to eat fast because activity is high and enzyme production is maxed out and her metabolism is raging. If you want to feed her on a consistent daily basis, don’t break 80 during the light hours. If you can, 75degrees, this is perfect metabolic rate. The lower humidity you go she will just drink, put that into consideration when you think about feeding her. Higher temps low humidity, drinks a lot and sweats a lot. High temps high humidity less available moisture to be in the air. Force her to eat, and give her the right mix.

I

iveweed

😳 Do it and follow a feed chart for one product line. No proprietary random brand stuff based off npk or guessing what works together, that’s advanced. You Should bend it over and raise the pot if needed so you don’t have height issues. You will have a massive bush of buds that way, so it will help the plant a lot! Just don’t force her, take her as far as she lets you safely. I’d leave her just like that and bend her over though until I see the plant budging the soil. Tether as far to the end of the main, that has enough strength to hold the weight of the bend. It does not have to be 90, even 50 degrees will suffice. It’s all about giving her more photosynthesis because what you have going on is little light coverage and over feeding/wrong nutrient composition and too close to the light. She is on full tilt stretch because it’s stressed out in high temps with overgrowth/over activity from consistent high temps. Gotta get those temps in the 70s at her top (topS plural if you bend it! Plant temps drop when you bend it away from the light and Keep 20” distance. When you run 80s temps she is going to eat fast because activity is high and enzyme production is maxed out and her metabolism is raging. If you want to feed her on a consistent daily basis, don’t break 80 during the light hours. If you can, 75degrees, this is perfect metabolic rate. The lower humidity you go she will just drink, put that into consideration when you think about feeding her. Higher temps low humidity, drinks a lot and sweats a lot. High temps high humidity less available moisture to be in the air. Force her to eat, and give her the right mix.
I bent the plant again, tell me if I did it properly, it's about 40cm distant from the light bulb.

IMG 20231102 234127
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I bent the plant again, tell me if I did it properly, it's about 40cm distant from the light bulb.
I’d just super crop it if you are going to keep it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

It applies to larger plants too

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Honestly could be as simple as the fact you’re growing in too small a pot/bag. Plant that size needs more space and more soil. Probably rootbound asf, lighting doesn’t look adequate either

I

iveweed

It applies to larger plants too
I would avoid hst in a not completely healthy plant, mine It doesn't.
Honestly could be as simple as the fact you’re growing in too small a pot/bag. Plant that size needs more space and more soil. Probably rootbound asf, lighting doesn’t look adequate either
I can transplant, but my plant isn't that health to endure that. What's wrong with lightning? It's thought for growing.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

I can transplant, but my plant isn't that health to endure that. What's wrong with lightning? It's thought for growing.
It won’t kill it. But ok, it’s always what you are comfortable doing. But since that thing is stressed 1000 ways to Sunday, that over stressing ship sailed long ago.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

You’ll be surprised what these plants can endure. Is it in flower already or still vegging? (Sorry if this was already mentioned)

As for the light, It’s pretty old school, a lot of heat and a lot of power for a start and on top of that you wont have much uniformity. Then there’s the issue of there being no red or blue which you’ll want in flower, it’s a warm light and will be great for veg but flower demands higher intensity and different spectrums of light, and also helps discourage the stretching that’s apparent here. You’ll get better as time goes on but i would say this is failure to give an adequate sized container for the roots to have space to grow and a lack of proper lighting

I

iveweed

You’ll be surprised what these plants can endure. Is it in flower already or still vegging? (Sorry if this was already mentioned)

As for the light, It’s pretty old school, a lot of heat and a lot of power for a start and on top of that you wont have much uniformity. Then there’s the issue of there being no red or blue which you’ll want in flower, it’s a warm light and will be great for veg but flower demands higher intensity and different spectrums of light, and also helps discourage the stretching that’s apparent here. You’ll get better as time goes on but i would say this is failure to give an adequate sized container for the roots to have space to grow and a lack of proper lighting
It's still ok veg, she is around 50d old.
I'd like to follow through with her. Should I transplant in a bigger pot? I have got another bigger on but I want to be sure this will help her to recover.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I'd like to follow through with her. Should I transplant in a bigger pot? I have got another bigger on but I want to be sure this will help her to recover.
For Christs sake yes 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻😝 go now.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Yeah I would, just be careful and give room for the roots to grow down in the new container. The sooner you give her a happy place the sooner she’ll get to normal. They’re pretty resilient in veg and you have enough time to save her if you want to do so.

If I’m to be brutally honest this plant is too old to do any real training to and won’t yield very well but if you want to ride it out anyway it might be worth the experience.

Before next grow I would suggest getting a good LED grow light from a reputable brand and set it up instead of the current one, you’ll thank me later.

Also, do you have airflow? A fan etc? You’ll want a gentle breeze going around the plant constantly. Don’t see any so just pointing it out.

Sometimes mistakes are the best teachers so don’t be discouraged and be your best next time, it’s easier than it first seems to be and is so rewarding

If you want to do a really good grow it’s truly down to the environment you give your plant.

Good soil in a good container with lots of drainage (drill extra holes all around the bottom and edges)

Adequate Light at correct setting for each stage of growth

Good airflow throughout the plant and growing space

Correct humidity for stage of plant (high in veg, even higher for clones/cuttings, much lower in flower) and keeping humidity stable without fluctuations

Good watering practices (overwatering and under watering are typically based on frequency, not amount of water, always allow your soil to dry out at least first knuckle deep before watering

Temperature (keeping an even Temp is important as fluctuations will cause stress and problems)

I

iveweed

Transplanted from 30L pot to 50L with new soil. Yeah I have set a fan 16h on aimed at the corner.
I have bent the plant again.

IMG 20231104 1640132
IMG 20231104 163953
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

Get an led and start over is my best advice. Hps was good 15 years ago but it's super old tech. It's got a lot of red photons, so thats probably part of your stretching problem. For one plant you could get a great 100$ led light that is more than enough. This will help keep them short as well. Good luck 🤞 I had forgotten about you.

I

iveweed

Get an led and start over is my best advice. Hps was good 15 years ago but it's super old tech. It's got a lot of red photons, so thats probably part of your stretching problem. For one plant you could get a great 100$ led light that is more than enough. This will help keep them short as well. Good luck 🤞 I had forgotten about you.
I will change my HPS after this plant, the cheapest led costs so much here.
Anyway, what about these droopy leaves ? Root damage? What should I do?

IMG 20231106 WA0130
IMG 20231106 WA0123

Latest posts

Top Bottom