Dropped leaves over and over again

• Thread starter iveweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I will change my HPS after this plant, the cheapest led costs so much here.
Anyway, what about these droopy leaves ? Root damage? What should I do?
It is wayyyy too tall to keep going with, you will just waste time. I totally get it sucks but I pushed through a similar stretchy plant and seeded my entire grow. They get stressed and herm out. If you do continue then you have to bend it completely over over and immediately flip to flower. You will have to struggles everyday to tie her down. A new plamt I'd ready for flower in your setup in a month. If you Train right away you can mange it. Don't be a dummy like me man, I would start over and train like I am. Top once and spread the 2 tops to the edge of the pot then flip to flower. We would all love to help you! I just don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment when a redo is sooo much faster. The quality of the bud will be shit if you carry on. Wish you the best. Either way we will help but don't give up and don't get discouraged, this is a HUGE learning experience for you. So valuable! Think it over and make a call, well be here either way. ✌

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
like i said before get the proper set up or pack it in and find a new hobby
hps is not your problem..
the person caring for the plant is the issue..
get T5’s for your veg..
last thing you need is LED lighting..

I

iveweed

like i said before get the proper set up or pack it in and find a new hobby
hps is not your problem..
the person caring for the plant is the issue..
get T5’s for your veg..
last thing you need is LED lighting..
It is wayyyy too tall to keep going with, you will just waste time. I totally get it sucks but I pushed through a similar stretchy plant and seeded my entire grow. They get stressed and herm out. If you do continue then you have to bend it completely over over and immediately flip to flower. You will have to struggles everyday to tie her down. A new plamt I'd ready for flower in your setup in a month. If you Train right away you can mange it. Don't be a dummy like me man, I would start over and train like I am. Top once and spread the 2 tops to the edge of the pot then flip to flower. We would all love to help you! I just don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment when a redo is sooo much faster. The quality of the bud will be shit if you carry on. Wish you the best. Either way we will help but don't give up and don't get discouraged, this is a HUGE learning experience for you. So valuable! Think it over and make a call, well be here either way. ✌
I didn't learn anything tho, I used good soil, good pot, I fixed the light problem distance, I fixed the watering issue, I transplanted as well, for what? Toss it?
The tiny one will be soon ready to dry and I will set another plant. I really don't understand what I did SO wrong to fuck all up. Anyway, can I just cut the very top part and force it to flowering ?

I

iveweed

I can't place that tent in my rented house here and still it's really not affordable for me,imagine that the cheapest HPS costs 85 bucks here.

B

Bdubs

-Temperature-
Are you swinging your temps? At 82 you are pushing limits on temperature without CO2 supplement.
I ran a hot grow my first run with a CO2 bag. Growth was fast, but if I ever swung above 82, she stunted. My lows were mid to high 70s. Growth was noticeable at night temps in the 70s and slowed or stopped during the lights on hot temps of 80+.

With that being said, there needs to be a swing. Temps need to be lower than 82. Humidity will be high with high temps whether you like it or not, dropping temps is the only way to keep humidity in check. Swing 5-10 degrees but stay below 80 max temps.

Someone said something to me along my beginnings “use or create a grow space that Does Not have a steady temperature and naturally swings without intermission”.
-This is why a room in a house with central air is a poor area to grow. You must create the swings yourself and makes it incredibly hard to manage.

To achieve this in a room with central air you must use dehumidifiers and A/C units and shut your vents to that room.

-Nutrients-
I’ll say it because I use it and it’s foolproof, General Hydroponics Nutrients. Their feed schedule is fool proof. Follow it to a T and you can’t be wrong if your soil is basic soil. Coco will just make you sick of growing, mixing soil is not for beginners or anyone looking for a dank grow without experience. These products are fairly cheap and you only need 4 of them to complete a grow. Add more products as you go to get better buds. (Given Temperatures are in control). Last thing anybody needs is deficiencies/toxicity from failed mixology.

-Light-
Your lights are fine, but you must control the temperature they are creating. That is key for the type of light you use. Forget about PPFD, that technical crap will have you chasing numbers. Wait until your environment is handled before you go down those rabbit holes of chasing technical stuff.
-Find the proper light distance for the type of light used and Maintain! it. Measure that distance every day and move that light up if she grows an inch.

-Airflow-
This is not just airflow or wind creation. This is induction and exhausting. You want negative pressure, which requires more outflow from the room than inflow. This also creates a more stable environment when you want to maintain temperatures, by altering the intake and exhaust fan speeds, being able to lower heat (increased exhaust) or increasing temps (lowering exhaust). You can play with these two fans while used in unison to stabilize a temperature target and maintain negative pressure. Ie: 4”intake 6” exhaust or 6” intake 8” exhaust. The floor fan is only to be used for balancing the air within the room and keeping the whole room the same temperature, with no hot spots. It is not a cooling device.

It isn’t the plant, it is the conditions for which she is being grown. Focus all these items, focus feed and do not touch them. Enjoy great weed if you stay focused only on these listed principals. Nobody can give you better advice. This is the truth of success, everything else is too specific and you shouldn’t base your success on a few suggestions. Although these guys know what they are doing, your experience level and $$ investment is not allowing you to make hefty changes that would create ease of growing.
Temps temps temps. That’s your challenge in a room in the middle of the house. 75degrees/50 or less RH veg or flower, foolproof feed chart and nutrients and you have chronic.

B

Bdubs

You need to let her flower and push her. If she fails she is done and start a new one and create the environment she needs. Refine. Keep refining. The process is fast and exhilarating at first, to get a yield of quality. But focus and Control consistency in the environment, and nutrients. Water her when she is light to lift compared to watered. That’s it really. Failure is required to excel.

I mentor a young kid and train him for work. Personal perseverance and patience is key to success. It is how you take your failures and alter them to your advantage to become better, the best. I always say “Get good” after a mistake, because if you don’t tell yoursef that, you won’t get good. Patience is the final step in all learning processes. It takes patience to create processes for everything, it isn’t OCD, it’s training yourself to be an analytical thinker and putting things into perspective. That is what will make you be good at all things..patience…..and killing a lot of plants before you Get Good.

B

Bdubs

My advice is free. I only want to see people succeed. Failure is how you do it. Continual forcing of failed key requirements is only frustration and confusion. Focus on the key points and have patience. Be ready to kill some babies and time.

Let me tell you real quick how I took 15min a day and 1-2 hours every Saturday, 5 months of destroying plants with no yield. But that’s when things got good. I had my environment on point and I pushed my next run from veg. Slowed myself way the f down and ignored them and fed them, focusing environment. Primo bud and it only took minutes a day of progress over 5 months to never step foot in a dispensary again. $2,500 later though. But it was all necessary to get the environment where it needed to be. Money up front to create your “free” weed is almost required, but once you got it down Pat, your ROI comes fast. The first good batch of bud will inadvertently add to your patience!

tomjhannon

tomjhannon

So summing up: I need to add more soil until the edge of the pot, I need to feed her every time she needs it.
Is it right ?
She is so right now.
Lower leaves are getting yellow.
Is she too little thick?
The leaves are yellow because the plant is feeding off itself. Could be nutrient lock out or not enough light.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
-Temperature-
Are you swinging your temps? At 82 you are pushing limits on temperature without CO2 supplement.
I ran a hot grow my first run with a CO2 bag. Growth was fast, but if I ever swung above 82, she stunted. My lows were mid to high 70s. Growth was noticeable at night temps in the 70s and slowed or stopped during the lights on hot temps of 80+.

With that being said, there needs to be a swing. Temps need to be lower than 82. Humidity will be high with high temps whether you like it or not, dropping temps is the only way to keep humidity in check. Swing 5-10 degrees but stay below 80 max temps.

Someone said something to me along my beginnings “use or create a grow space that Does Not have a steady temperature and naturally swings without intermission”.
-This is why a room in a house with central air is a poor area to grow. You must create the swings yourself and makes it incredibly hard to manage.

To achieve this in a room with central air you must use dehumidifiers and A/C units and shut your vents to that room.

-Nutrients-
I’ll say it because I use it and it’s foolproof, General Hydroponics Nutrients. Their feed schedule is fool proof. Follow it to a T and you can’t be wrong if your soil is basic soil. Coco will just make you sick of growing, mixing soil is not for beginners or anyone looking for a dank grow without experience. These products are fairly cheap and you only need 4 of them to complete a grow. Add more products as you go to get better buds. (Given Temperatures are in control). Last thing anybody needs is deficiencies/toxicity from failed mixology.

-Light-
Your lights are fine, but you must control the temperature they are creating. That is key for the type of light you use. Forget about PPFD, that technical crap will have you chasing numbers. Wait until your environment is handled before you go down those rabbit holes of chasing technical stuff.
-Find the proper light distance for the type of light used and Maintain! it. Measure that distance every day and move that light up if she grows an inch.

-Airflow-
This is not just airflow or wind creation. This is induction and exhausting. You want negative pressure, which requires more outflow from the room than inflow. This also creates a more stable environment when you want to maintain temperatures, by altering the intake and exhaust fan speeds, being able to lower heat (increased exhaust) or increasing temps (lowering exhaust). You can play with these two fans while used in unison to stabilize a temperature target and maintain negative pressure. Ie: 4”intake 6” exhaust or 6” intake 8” exhaust. The floor fan is only to be used for balancing the air within the room and keeping the whole room the same temperature, with no hot spots. It is not a cooling device.

It isn’t the plant, it is the conditions for which she is being grown. Focus all these items, focus feed and do not touch them. Enjoy great weed if you stay focused only on these listed principals. Nobody can give you better advice. This is the truth of success, everything else is too specific and you shouldn’t base your success on a few suggestions. Although these guys know what they are doing, your experience level and $$ investment is not allowing you to make hefty changes that would create ease of growing.
Temps temps temps. That’s your challenge in a room in the middle of the house. 75degrees/50 or less RH veg or flower, foolproof feed chart and nutrients and you have chronic.
wtf?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You need to let her flower and push her. If she fails she is done and start a new one and create the environment she needs. Refine. Keep refining. The process is fast and exhilarating at first, to get a yield of quality. But focus and Control consistency in the environment, and nutrients. Water her when she is light to lift compared to watered. That’s it really. Failure is required to excel.

I mentor a young kid and train him for work. Personal perseverance and patience is key to success. It is how you take your failures and alter them to your advantage to become better, the best. I always say “Get good” after a mistake, because if you don’t tell yoursef that, you won’t get good. Patience is the final step in all learning processes. It takes patience to create processes for everything, it isn’t OCD, it’s training yourself to be an analytical thinker and putting things into perspective. That is what will make you be good at all things..patience…..and killing a lot of plants before you Get Good.
wtf??

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My advice is free. I only want to see people succeed. Failure is how you do it. Continual forcing of failed key requirements is only frustration and confusion. Focus on the key points and have patience. Be ready to kill some babies and time.

Let me tell you real quick how I took 15min a day and 1-2 hours every Saturday, 5 months of destroying plants with no yield. But that’s when things got good. I had my environment on point and I pushed my next run from veg. Slowed myself way the f down and ignored them and fed them, focusing environment. Primo bud and it only took minutes a day of progress over 5 months to never step foot in a dispensary again. $2,500 later though. But it was all necessary to get the environment where it needed to be. Money up front to create your “free” weed is almost required, but once you got it down Pat, your ROI comes fast. The first good batch of bud will inadvertently add to your patience!
wtf??

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

don’t get me wrong but but that’s a lot of info to take in for a newbie grower.. some info well not so correct.. but it’ll work, not sure if i would agree with using general hydroponics, maybe their bio products but not anything else..

Cmurda48

Cmurda48

Feminized plant, 40d old. It gets 16h light with a HPS light, 450+ ppfd at the very top. The medium is always moist but since it's compacted I think roots can absorb water. I water with 0,5L water ph 6 every day(the water drops at the base of the fabric pot now, I squeeze the medium every day to avoid compaction). After watering, leaves rise up for 10/12h, afterwards dropping leaves start over. Once a week I give a bit of fertilizer with nitrogen in.
Average temperature 28 degrees and 50%+ humidity.
Some advice? Do I need transplant,?
I've never actually used HPS or metal halide, LED all the way, but with that said I'm pretty sure that you should not be using HPS at this point you're grow. HPS is used for flowering, metal halide is used for vegetation state which could possibly be the issue with your plant looking so sad for lack of a better word.

Cmurda48

Cmurda48

don’t get me wrong but but that’s a lot of info to take in for a newbie grower.. some info well not so correct.. but it’ll work, not sure if i would agree with using general hydroponics, maybe their bio products but not anything else..
I also agree with this, I was using GH Flora Trio originally and ditch that after just the first girl because I was so unimpressed. Plus liquid nutrients are kind of a waste of money, lotus nutrients all the way baby yeah! Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom