Dropped leaves over and over again

• Thread starter iveweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iveweed

Update: some leaves turning yellow. I water 2l water every 2,5d with about 2ml fertilizer.
What should I do?

P.s: I know, the light is very close to the very top plant, tomorrow I will fix it.
What should I switch to 12h?

IMG 20231028 001328
IMG 20231028 001325
IMG 20231028 001319
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
should I switch to 12h?
12 hours of light is for flowering. This plant isn't ready for flowering.

I know, the light is very close to the very top plant, tomorrow I will fix it.
Take pictures after you fix the light.

Anyone can give me an advice?
Use what you've learned to do better next time.

For this plant, I would probably cut off the top below the part that has been burned by the light. That will cause the plant to make more branches and more buds. Continue to improve watering and nutrients.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello again.
I'm going to make a suggestion.
Look at the leaves in current pictures closely. See how the tips are curled under. This is caused buy over feeding nitrogen.
So somewhere along the way she has been over fed.

This plant is also very long and spindly. The top is very close to the light. The bottom of the plant may as well be in the dark.
This plant has a very good root system in that big bag. So she should recover and grow very quickly if you do what I'm about to suggest.

Leave the plant on 16 hrs on 8 hrs off,
Top the plant at the red line. Cut some clones from the top.
Drop the light right down, 10"-12" above the topped plant.
In about 90 days when your plant looks like this. Flip her.

Learn how to do this.

Learn how to do this.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Remove plants. Turn on your light at 30 inches above the table top.
Now slowly drop the light down and watch the light circle / footprint get smaller and smaller. Until it is about the size of the top of one of your grow bags.

Measure the distance from the light to the table top. This is about the height you need to have your light above the tops of your plant.

As your plant spreads out you will need to lift the light so it's coverage includes the entire plant. But this will keep the light on the plant rather than having the available light covering a much larger aria and wasting the light you are paying for.

Now a little common seance will also be required here!
If your light is 12 inches above the plant, is covering nicely but it's burning the leaves or top of the plant one must
use a little of his gray matter and move the light a little higher so as to give the plant as much light as possible without burning the plant.

If you turn the light on and drop it down so it's footprint looks about right. Let the light run for 15 min. Then use a digital thermometer to take the temperature of the table top. If the table top is warmer than the ambient room temperature. It's going to burn the plant. I also take the temperature of my plant leaves like this just in case.

H

hawkman

why not let her "dry" for 2-3 days Then feed her water for one week re-adjust you nutrient's by 1/2 amounts feed only 2x's week - 2 dry days 2 just water day Day 7 when you want to add bloom booster, ect

I

iveweed

New set up. It's about 22 cm distant from the bulb light. I can move them away even more if it's needed. The top temperature is 26,5 degrees Vs 24,5 degrees of the pot level.
I water her every 2 days, more time than this leaves start to drop.
I am going to cut some leaves off.
IMG 20231029 0832152

I

iveweed

I have noticed I haven't got good scissors to do topping. I will postpone it tomorrow.
Anyway I'd like cut the stem after the 7° node, plant is not so healthy to get only with 5 nodes left in my opinion, tell me of I'm in the wrong.

B

Bdubs

If she isn’t healthy, I wouldn’t do any HST. That is why I suggested a LST method. It will take her away from the light. Give you more leaf light coverage. More growth canopies nearer the light. Create bigger tops on the lower growth. And it’s the least amount of stress possible. Handle the other stuff but I’d leave HST out of it if she already is experiencing other stress currently.

I

iveweed

If she isn’t healthy, I wouldn’t do any HST. That is why I suggested a LST method. It will take her away from the light. Give you more leaf light coverage. More growth canopies nearer the light. Create bigger tops on the lower growth. And it’s the least amount of stress possible. Handle the other stuff but I’d leave HST out of it if she already is experiencing other stress currently.
I think you have noticed a not completely healthy plant from pics, haven't you?
Is topping a LST?
For bending what gear should I use? Twine is ok?

I

iveweed

Scrap it for parts. You've decimated her root system with your over watering.
Other people don't think so. If you see first pics in page 1 that was the problem, my plant's leaves drop every 2 days without watering.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Other people don't think so. If you see first pics in page 1 that was the problem, my plant's leaves drop every 2 days without watering.
Not my problem if other people are wrong. Stop watering on a schedule. Water the medium completely and then wait for dry back. Or continue water boarding her. Your choice.

I

iveweed

Not my problem if other people are wrong. Stop watering on a schedule. Water the medium completely and then wait for dry back. Or continue water boarding her. Your choice.
How do you explain the dropping leaves every 2d until I water?

Sunasun

Sunasun

How do you explain the dropping leaves every 2d until I water?
In addition to watering too often, it looks like you aren't saturating your medium properly when you do. If your soil has become hydrophobic, your roots won't grow into it and eventually will die off.

I

iveweed

In addition to watering too often, it looks like you aren't saturating your medium properly when you do. If your soil has become hydrophobic, your roots won't grow into it and eventually will die off.
So I should water about once a week ? Should I just leave leaves dropping next time?

Top Bottom