Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Yeah those things to hang the lights are pretty nifty, especially with the screen holder...

Yeah man, ive been working on the new room idea set-up. Down to a few weeks now, last table is getting hit hard with pk then its time to start building...and im hopin to be able to be out for 4-5 days with this next set up...hehehe.

D

DreaminBig1207

dude i was readin your thread and saw that your lights came crashing down, we both have the same setup i think, my lights did the same thing about 2 weeks ago, 1 bolt came out and with that pulled all 4 lights down on my plants, i was there too, freakin scary. my cages saved alot.

R

RMCG

Glad I am not the only one...

Misery loves company and all that.

How are you liking the cages? I like the screens for a flat canopy, but they are a bitch for me to work under.

R

RMCG

TDS probe in salt water:
Green LED = no dosing.

IMAG0161

Probe out of water, orange LED = Dosing

Charging LED on flashlight is lit = power to circuit.

IMAG0163

R

RMCG

So this is what I woke up to...

Crash

:confused0054:

Went over to assess the damage.

IMAG0164

Not too bad as far as plant damage goes. Lost a branch or three. I will see if the 2 worst ones bounce back, if not, I'll swap out for a KO Kush and an Abusive OG I have left over.

IMAG0165

1 Cool Tube completely shattered and mangled and lost 2 brand new bulbs.

I've got some spare hortilux Supers that will go in to NEW Cool Tubes.

No more Kahunas!

F

FatFreddysKat

Holy nightmare!!!!!!! Wow seems those Kahunas need a steel beam to hold in place, damn what a shame!!!
Seeing this system in action , I have high hopes that they will recover nicely, another reason I like this system.

R

RMCG

Holy nightmare!!!!!!! Wow seems those Kahunas need a steel beam to hold in place, damn what a shame!!!
Seeing this system in action , I have high hopes that they will recover nicely, another reason I like this system.

Yeah, definitely need something other than monster eye bolts into studs.

I will hang on to them, as I REALLY like the footprint of them. I will probably go get some of the No Holes Bar's and try them again in a run or two. I am just glad the tempered glass on them didn't shatter.

B

BudLust

wow bro i could not imagine what went thru ur mind when u walked in. thats def rough. strong ass lamp tho they didnt break. hope ur ladies bounce bak and ull be bak on track in no time.
-boomer

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Dam thats nuts
How much they way if your in a stud with big ass eye bolts it should hold some weight.
Guess not

R

RMCG

Dam thats nuts
How much they way if your in a stud with big ass eye bolts it should hold some weight.
Guess not

I ~thought~ they weigh 50# /hood, but maybe its more?

All good now. Swapping in 3 new cool tubes.

R

RMCG

Room 2 is back operational...

Definitely going to lose some branches from that debacle.

Room 1 - pH took a nose dive!? It was hovering around 4ish and low (~200) ppms. Not sure why this is now a weekly occurrence? Its definitely not the HydroFungicide. I added another 600ml of Big Bud, 100ml A&B and enough silica to raise pH to 5.7 @ 470ppm. Will check it again tomorrow after it balances out a bit more. I would like to bump it up to ~600ppms or so. Topups of A&B for the next 7-10 then a flush.

Might need to rethink the pH controllers and add in a new pH UP bucket. Set the UP to 5.8 and the DOWN 6.2 and let it ride.

I thought I lost the Horti Flip Box again, but it turns out it was just a bad ballast. Swapped for a new one, will install tomorrow.

Pix of flowers @ day 23?:

IMAG0166

IMAG0167

IMAG0168

IMAG0169

IMAG0170

IMAG0171

IMAG0173

IMAG0175

KO Kush:

IMAG0172

C

crossouttheiis

How do you like the horti controls? Have you used any other brand flip box

R

RMCG

How do you like the horti controls? Have you used any other brand flip box

When it works, I like it. I have not used any other flipboxes.

I hear mixed reviews on ALL flipboxes, some shops say the Horti's come back more, others say the Powerbox flips come back more often. I think its just the nature of the beast.

If I could, I would have gone with one of Olyvers (nowirenuts.ca) loadcenters.

If I experience more problems, I will probably pick up another LF-2 and use 2 LF-2's vs 1 LF-4. Hell, If I were to expand this, I would probably pick up multiple 2 ballast boxes over a single unit. More $$, but can spread the redundancy out a little.

R

RMCG

So I got my temp sensor setup today. It took all of 10 minutes to register on the website, register the gateway and all 3 sensors. Probably took longer to install the batteries (2 AAA not included) and temp sensor probe than it did to get them operational.

I am VERY happy with these silly little 'gadgets'.

It even has a mobile interface that you can bookmark and hit from your cell for realtime green/red alerting.

I will get them installed tomorrow to verify RF works through my walls and around the digital ballasts, but probably will order another 2 sensors in a day or two to put in the veg table room and one outside to monitor 'weather'.

Mobile display looks like this:
Mobile interface

Downloadable spreadsheet (of past 30 days only) looks like this:

Downloaded

Playing around with the alerting, seems email alerts take ~2 minutes to show up.

I was not able to get texts sent to my number. Not sure if it hasn't fully activated yet or ?? I will test it again tomorrow. Easy workaround is to put in your mobile # as a secondary or tertiary email address on the alerts.

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

So far though, I am sort of giddy over this silly thing.

:)

B

BavarianFarmer

That's sweet! The only thing that sucks for me is that I'm out where there is no reception for miles. Maybe eventually they will be able to send to my satellite phone.
BF

M

medicine21

Awesome! Do they have a water temperature probe? And then we're missing ppm and pH in the reservoir/epicenter. Add CO2 monitoring and you could feel secure leaving the show unattended.

R

RMCG

Awesome! Do they have a water temperature probe? And then we're missing ppm and pH in the reservoir/epicenter. Add CO2 monitoring and you could feel secure leaving the show unattended.

There is a water temp probe.

Remaining bits of the dosing unit(pH/TDS) will be here today, so I will have that completed in a day or two.

R

RMCG

That's sweet! The only thing that sucks for me is that I'm out where there is no reception for miles. Maybe eventually they will be able to send to my satellite phone.
BF

If I lived where there was no reception and needed a sat phone, I don't think I would leave! :)

B

Bobby Smith

Sweet, should be getting mine delivered either today or tomorrow - great find, bro :)

R

RMCG

After thinking about the pH diving like it has, I am going to stop trying to hold it at 5.8. I will change the 'highwater mark' to 6.2 instead and let the solution swing on its own. I think the buffering of the nutes is working just fine, but by me setting it at 5.8 and constantly adding pH down, it is eventually driving it down when the nutes would have held it just fine. Probably not explaining it right, but that's my thinking anyway. Experiment for the week...

Latest posts

Top Bottom