Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Believe it or not, just as many fortunes are made in 'bad' times as there are in 'good' times. Anyone can make money when its falling from the sky, just need to shift your thinking and be ahead of the curve now. Think of this as the 'new' economy, not a 'bad' economy...

I had grown (non-med) for several years prior, but then got out of the game when things got hot, pursued other things, etc. Happy to be back at it, but damn things have changed over the last several years!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
That's a great way to look at things... I really appreciate the words of encouragement! It hasn't been easy being unemployed, but if I didn't get laid-off I would never have started growing... So I'm definitely glad that I now have two passions to pursue. Indeed there seems to be a paradigm shift in the world economy and way of living... :thinking

R

RMCG

Not to go totally whacko, but I think its about damn time. We (US) are on a bad course, we keep messing with markets, printing $$, borrowing, spending, generally not giving a damn like we don't have a care in the world. I won't even get in to the way we throw ourselves in to others civil wars, economies, money systems, etc.

Free markets make micro-corrections (The invisible hand) along the way, but when you muck with stuff because ~we~ think we know better or don't want a little inconvenience, we set ourselves up for epic failure/crash. Unfortunately, we still keep messing with it trying to 'fix' it and all we are doing is propping ourselves up higher and higher and it IS going to hurt when it all comes crashing down. Paradigm shift or not, those who choose to ignore history are destined to repeat it.

B

BudLust

Believe it or not, just as many fortunes are made in 'bad' times as there are in 'good' times. Anyone can make money when its falling from the sky, just need to shift your thinking and be ahead of the curve now. Think of this as the 'new' economy, not a 'bad' economy...

I had grown (non-med) for several years prior, but then got out of the game when things got hot, pursued other things, etc. Happy to be back at it, but damn things have changed over the last several years!

aint that the truth?

and i agree, we (the U.S.) need to stop concerning ourselves with every other countries problems when we have plenty of our own here to deal with. along with borrowing money and not paying it bak. How is a young man supposed to learn his own finances when the country he lives in is the worst example.
Took me years to figure out things ive been told/taught were wrong or just opinions...
Like how the fuck u gonna tell me Pluto isnt a planet anymore!? lol

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No doubt... I always thought Pluto was a planet. Last week I watched Prophets of Doom on History channel... Interesting outlook to say the least... :thinking

B

Bobby Smith

If it's only a two week loss, for sure swap those plants out - been dealing with the same issue, but I'm so deep into this run I'm just gonna flip the switch and hope for the best.

As far as Pluto, it doesn't fit the newest planet criteria (as defined a couple of years ago) of "clearing a path on its orbit"; i.e., it lacks the mass for its gravity to pull in objects in its orbit, as the eight planets all do.

R

RMCG

If it's only a two week loss, for sure swap those plants out - been dealing with the same issue, but I'm so deep into this run I'm just gonna flip the switch and hope for the best.

Only thing I am afraid of screwing myself for when Room 1 is ready to be chopped and not having anything to go back in. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it...

As far as Pluto, it doesn't fit the newest planet criteria (as defined a couple of years ago) of "clearing a path on its orbit"; i.e., it lacks the mass for its gravity to pull in objects in its orbit, as the eight planets all do.

And this is why I would lose on 'Are you smarter than a 5th grader'...
:)

I think I've got the AC situation figured out, but can't do anything about it for a bit, probably June time frame. I can wire up the 30A circuit whips and external disconnects for the condensers in a few weeks so I am ready though.

I will shuffle some rooms around and move Room 2 to the room where the Veg Table is. Same dimensions as Room 1, just lacks the 1200cfm fan and roof vent, but I can properly/easily run a 25' line set to it for 24k btu mini. Will be looking to do that swap when Room 2 gets chopped, whenever that is...

I was looking at the Friedrich units because they are precharged for 49' linesets. But think I will go with the LG units. Specifically the LSU246HV (24.4k btu Heat and Cool).

Looks like pH/TDS controllers will be here today, so should be able to knock out that DIY writeup over the next day or three. Have quite a bit typed up, just want to snap pix of the bits and bobs and where the wires go to fill in the gaps.

Hoping to run the new 30A 240v circuit for the lighting controller (MLC-4 thanks cross!) tonight. Not sure if I will swap the lights over to it or not yet. Might wait until Room 1 is down, might not. I'll just be happy if I don't electrocute myself...

I like the way the Abusive OG is shaping up, so going to snip some cuts for the EZ cloner to run her again.

C

crossouttheiis

Yeah no problem I was going to send you a message today seeing if you had gotten it yet. what price range are you looking for? I got the pre charged 30200 btu friedrich with line set for just under 2k. I can look up to see where it was from if interested.

R

RMCG

Yeah no problem I was going to send you a message today seeing if you had gotten it yet. what price range are you looking for? I got the pre charged 30200 btu friedrich with line set for just under 2k. I can look up to see where it was from if interested.

Hasn't shown up yet, out for delivery. Hoping soon!

Plenty of other expense to seal up the rooms, CO2 burners, dehueys, etc. so under 2k/unit shipped is what I'm shooting for, LG's are ~1600, not including linesets, shipping, etc. Haven't scoured for the cheapest place yet, was still going over models, features, etc.

I was looking at Shinco's too. Mixed reviews, but basically just need it to run for 12-16 months.

I did find where I can get small R410 bottles to charge up additional line if I need to, but would rather not have to. I ~think~ I can rent a vacuum pump and manifold set locally, I'll buy them if I need it, might come in handy down the road anyway and its only ~$250.

Hell, if I can go with a bigger Friedrich cheaper than the LG's, might go back to those units and not have to shuffle rooms...

C

crossouttheiis

Oops my bad it is 1800 for the 30000 btu one. Kingersons.com is where I got my unit and got the line set in town

C

crossouttheiis

I personally got mine within a week of ordering. I was very happy with the unit I got

R

RMCG

30A circuit has been hooked up to the light controller. Lights are now on 240v and I didn't fry...

Room 1 got 100ml A/B yesterday and another 150ml tonight. Hovering about 630ppm, but want to boost that to 700+ and see how they take it. KO Kush pistils are turning orange. Abusive OG is showing no signs of slowing down, just packing it on.

Finished half of the new ducting in Room 2 (Fan mounted, ducts to and from lights hooked up). Still need to tie the intake into the floor and cut in to the 10" duct boot of the exhaust through the ceiling.

I have changed my mind again. I am going to continue flowering out whats going on there. I would rather have one shitty crop then two by trying to reveg them. I don't think they would do anything but ~start~ to reveg when they would need to go back in to Room 1.

The chiller and coils are keeping both systems at ~68*. I am thinking about tying the veg system in to the existing tubing runs and using the 1/3hp chiller that I was going to dedicate to the veg system as a 'second stage' just recirculating in the reservoir until I can add a second 1/2HP unit or upsize to a 1HP, if necessary.

I did swap two (Chem 4s) from the round that is vegging for Abusive OG's, as they were getting very large and the Chems were slow compared to everything else. Maybe they will go in with the next round. The Abusive OG's are looking a little ragged as they are vegging on the same table that the clones are, so deficiencies abound.

Hoping they bounce back quickly in the veg UC. Going to snag some cuts from them in a day or two.

I might add in another 3x3 or 4x4 table to accept 'teens' vs fresh transplants. I chopped down the leftover KO Kush's I had in veg. While they look really nice in flower, the aren't going to yield for shit.

I need to stick to monocropping vs mixing strains in each system....

R

RMCG

Alriiiight

Hahaha Ok, I'm an idiot. I thought today was wednesday...

Lots of running around today, thought I had stuff planned for tonight. Doh!

:worried

Need to clean up my cloner first, but will head over to hook up the 1/3hp chiller, water changes AND snap some pix.

C

crossouttheiis

That sounds like fun good you got everything ready to go I'm trting to get everything perfect before plants are ready to go in

R

RMCG

I gave up on shooting for 'perfection' long ago. Now its more of a 'hope for the best, plan for the worst' scenario...

Decided to skip going to my spot tonight, after cleaning the cloner and doing 'honeydo' things round the house, I was hungry and tired. Will head over tomorrow for all the veg stuff and Room 1 photo shoot.

I built the new dosers and snapped pix as I went. Need to finish the write-up that goes along with it. Hope its worth the wait for those that care...

Top Bottom