Ethos "Cookies" - a limited edition release

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

My last pic for a while, as I'll probably start slowly cutting some things as they finish. I'd say this plant is basically done. Nice colors all around. I'll visit Home Depot tomorrow to get some supplies, pick up my Pro-Mix on another stop and I've ordered my new lights so I'm on my way to opening 2 rooms for the next crop. But either way, 14 more days at most and I'm chopping as I'm under a tight schedule.

IMG 1622

sshz

sshz

Unfortunately, I haven't smoked in over 7+ weeks. I haven't even had a gummie in over 3 weeks. Still fighting this chronic sinusitis (and bronchitis) now in my 6th week of antibiotics (3 different ones). Just weaned myself off the Prednisone, today was my last day of 6 weeks with that one too. I've been taking a 1mg Valium at night to sleep, only thing that puts me out while reducing my stress, which is at a record high. Tough to sleep when you can't breath. Still forced to take 1-3 naps a day, as I have a zero energy level while my body fights it. I do think I finally am turning the corner though, as the last 2 days have been better and now getting some uninterrupted sleep at night.

Saw my kids yesterday and both said, what's up???? Your eyes look clear and the bags under your eyes are gone. LOL LOL That's what 40+ years of smoking pot does to you. My daughter actually just returned from an Amazon event in Washington state and brought me some Seattle THC hard candies and chocolate candy pieces (No CBD), which are sitting in the fridge.

Looking forward to my 1st "Cookie" buzz in a couple of weeks...........sucks not to be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

On a very sad and serious note, a lot of today's cannabis "breeders" have no care for the future of the cannabis gene pool. Very few people actually work to stabilize a line and people are throwing f1 on everything that is actually a polyhybrid. I don't really knock it too much, but just be honest with your customers about what it is actually. As with most commodities, people vote with their wallets and it truly seems that the majority of seed buyers are begging to be charged exorbinant prices for catchy names slapped on polyhybrids. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
I've learned that it is very difficult finding trustworthy dealers for clones and seeds in this game. there are also a lot of fake dealers just scamming people out of their money. I'm in the process now of just trying to locate clones the store so I don't have to worry about buying bunk seeds again. I can take my time and study and find a professional dealer but right now I'm looking for clones.

sshz

sshz

There are a number of "clone" retailers that will ship clones anywhere across the country. I saw a master list about a week ago, I think on ICMag.......... the one I remember is out of Maine, as they were the closest to me. I can't speak of quality though. The biggest complaint was not about final quality, but the bugs and diseases that often come with them.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

There are a number of "clone" retailers that will ship clones anywhere across the country. I saw a master list about a week ago, I think on ICMag.......... the one I remember is out of Maine, as they were the closest to me. I can't speak of quality though. The biggest complaint was not about final quality, but the bugs and diseases that often come with them.
WOW I was thinking that clones would alleviate all those diseases shoes because it was established but I guess not. Thanks for your information.

sshz

sshz

ALWAYS isolate your new clones for 2 weeks until you're sure there are no issues with them. I read that constantly. Most people don't wait, they start a spray program immediately, whether it's a neem spray or safer soap spray or whatever you prefer. I'd use something gentle for sure though, until they built their root system and have some additional sun leaves.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

ALWAYS isolate your new clones for 2 weeks until you're sure there are no issues with them. I read that constantly. Most people don't wait, they start a spray program immediately, whether it's a neem spray or safer soap spray or whatever you prefer. I'd use something gentle for sure though, until they built their root system and have some additional sun leaves.
Thank you for that information cuz I wouldn't have did that

sshz

sshz

Within 2 weeks I'll be starting 2 new threads, one of Archives Seeds and the other with Dragon's Flame's "Hydra Stash".......very excited about both of them. The current room's finishing times seem to be all over the place- some could be cut now and others still need 10-14 days more. It's 8 weeks thru flowering today, so 2 more weeks max before chopping the slower ones.

Novadoc

Novadoc

Within 2 weeks I'll be starting 2 new threads, one of Archives Seeds and the other with Dragon's Flame's "Hydra Stash".......very excited about both of them. The current room's finishing times seem to be all over the place- some could be cut now and others still need 10-14 days more. It's 8 weeks thru flowering today, so 2 more weeks max before chopping the slower ones.

Awesome, I will be following along
Currently growing ethos apex f1 and lilac diesel. Have to say I was a little disappointed by your review of the apex, but at least I wont be disappointed with the lack of "beastmode" yields.

sshz

sshz

Apex was a major disappointment, considering how great it looked........I’d give it a 3/10 on the potency scale, not high enough to warrant a positive review. If you read my RIU review, others were doing it the same time as me and they were disappointed too, although he didn’t want to admit it. Ethos is just too hit or miss for me, although if you forget about yield, this Cookie item I’m doing now sure looks and smells great. I’ll definitely have a few plants chopped by the weekend, which means I’ll try a bud by the following weekend as my health does appear to have turned the corner and I’m starting to feel much better.

By the way, my daughter tried 1/2 of a chocolate piece from the Seattle dispensary last night and got ripped. She called high as a kite, to warn me about them. For those prices, it appears she got her money’s worth. Flew home with them too, no problem with the airport authority.

Novadoc

Novadoc

Apex was a major disappointment, considering how great it looked........I’d give it a 3/10 on the potency scale, not high enough to warrant a positive review. If you read my RIU review, others were doing it the same time as me and they were disappointed too, although he didn’t want to admit it. Ethos is just too hit or miss for me, although if you forget about yield, this Cookie item I’m doing now sure looks and smells great. I’ll definitely have a few plants chopped by the weekend, which means I’ll try a bud by the following weekend as my health does appear to have turned the corner and I’m starting to feel much better.

By the way, my daughter tried 1/2 of a chocolate piece from the Seattle dispensary last night and got ripped. She called high as a kite, to warn me about them. For those prices, it appears she got her money’s worth. Flew home with them too, no problem with the airport authority.

Wow
3/10 that is disappointing for sure
Makes me wonder if it is even worth the effort to grow.

Any breeders and strains from them you recommend for something potent, frosty and high yeild?

sshz

sshz

Hash question first.........yup, I actually started them with hash. I’d let the pot dry to the bone, then use a screen to scrape the hash off. Mostly secondary product though, trim and lower buds not fully finished. It’s tough to judge the correct amount to use though, it was definitely 4-6 grams I’m guessing. I felt the buzz was a little more uplifting too- but we are talking years ago, maybe 10. I don’t bother with hash much anymore, as I just throw the trim and crappy stuff out. Too lazy these days to do the extra work.

Regarding a recommendation, when people ask- I usually recommend Holy Grail Kush from DNA. Easy to grow, solid yielder, stinky as shit, great Kush buzz and no hermies. It got high marks in every category. I’d be growing it if it wasn’t such a stinker. There’s tons of others, that one always comes to mind first. Next would be Mr. Nice’s Medicine Man, another great plant but no feminized version. I strongly recommend either one for a high yield grow, with a top notch buzz.

sportyridr

sportyridr

My personal gummie receipe...........it gook a while to perfect but it's a winner.

The main ingredient is the coconut oil, about 1 lb. Make sure it's "unrefined".
Thank you for this recipe...My question...Does it have to be unrefined, I have seen others calling for refined...is there any reasoning for going either way or can I use the refined due to availability? Issues, problems?

Thanks

sshz

sshz

Use unrefined...........refined strips out some of the good stuff in the oil. It can be pricey, I see items go for $4-$12 for a lb. I usually buy whats on sale, but use unrefined. Walmart sells it for a decent price, and my supermarkets locally always have a ton of varieties with a few on sale. No reason to buy the best either, any of them will do basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom