Ethos "Cookies" - a limited edition release

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Thanks Stank..........I'm done with Ethos, I promise. I would do their Chem OG again though, it was wonderful. Problem is it was a 10/10 on the stink meter, that and DNA OG #18 were the 2 smelliest thibgs I've ever done. I literally had to wipe down or wash everythning in the house to get rid of the smell. I've said before the wife threatened to leave me if I ever grew that one again. But, Ethos has been disappoint after disappoint basically- they are not good breeders, just pollen chuckers for $100 a pack.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Thanks Stank..........I'm done with Ethos, I promise. I would do their Chem OG again though, it was wonderful. Problem is it was a 10/10 on the stink meter, that and DNA OG #18 were the 2 smelliest thibgs I've ever done. I literally had to wipe down or wash everythning in the house to get rid of the smell. I've said before the wife threatened to leave me if I ever grew that one again. But, Ethos has been disappoint after disappoint basically- they are not good breeders, just pollen chuckers for $100 a pack.
Wives; aren't they fun. I have heard good things about DNA's OG #18, but I have never had the pleasure. I like the stanky ladies haha. If you couldn't tell by my handle. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Last edited:
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I wish I would have done a little more research before I bought the Ethos Citral Glue. I received 3 xanadu fems with it. Im not getting "positive vibes" from my Ethos purchase Ha! I have an unknown strain from Oregon that's supposed to be Fem and they smelled skunky AF. My co-worker gifted me about a dozen and his sister said the roughly 32 seeds she gave him were $400 worth of seeds! Haha can't wait. Will be like Xmas! Never know what you are gonna get! I hope to post my 1st SUCCESSFUL grow here coming up!

sshz

sshz

You'll be fine with the Citral Glue, other than the hermies. Because it grows taller and lanky, make sure you post them early or they'll fall over later in flowering. Weeks 3-5 in flowering keep your eyes peeled for males pollen pods. I do think you'll be happy with the end results though.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

The OG #18 hasn’t been as good the last few years. I’m guessing in a future seed run, they weren’t able to replicate its past history. I grew mine long ago, recent reports have been poor. I like DNA and Reserva Privada’s stuff (same company basically), but quality of things goes up and down. Some of their kushes are exceptional.......go back 7-8 years on RIU and you’ll find my grow.

Dbear180

Dbear180

DNA has some fire. I've had the same Lemon Walker for at least 5 years now, havent come across anything that hits as hard as that stuff does. Friends turn it down if they have stuff to get done. It gets me too high (& that kinda scares me sometimes cuz it doesnt happen often lol) & then the narcotic melt into the couch part of it kicks in. Very potent stuff 👍

sshz

sshz

One more day til 7 weeks completed in flowering on the "Cookies.............and it does appear to be filling out a bit. At some point I may have to chopped the top parts of the plants and let the lower bits have another 7-10 days to finish up. It does appear there are 6 of the Lemon OGKush X Cookies in there too- which are heavier yielding, behind in flowering with a different grow pattern and much bigger buds- which isn't a bad thing as I need the weight in the end- just not sure the quality as they are an unreleased strain.

I never did receive the extra testers I was promised by Dragon's Flame, and I think I'll just do one of the ones I have in my second room afterall. Their signature strain, Dragon's Stash, has sold out totally (F1's and F2's). The testers are F3's, still unreleased on the website but I like he's not rushing to get them out before some people report back on their grows. I was amazed after looking at the genetic background this strain has, as it has some old-time favorites in there, i.e. Blueberry, Silver Super Haze, Skunk #1, Afgani, Block Head, Sensi Star, Snow Lotus and a bunch of others. He seems to use it in 90% of his released strains one way or another.

Check this out: https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Dragons_Stash/Dragons_Flame_Genetics/

You can just tell he puts a lot of time into these strains, not like some others (i.e. Ethos) who just pollen chucks 2 strains and sells them untested. It appears to me there aren't many out there willing to do the work anymore. He deserves a grow.

A pic up tomorrow of the room.........

sshz

sshz

Well, maybe today..............

IMG 1142
IMG 1143

sshz

sshz

I did receive the 3rd set of testers fro Dragon's Flame today- "Hydra's Stash", which is Serious Seeds Serious Kush X Dragon's Stash. I have time before making my final decision.....but nice to see Jeff follow thru as he promised.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I did receive the 3rd set of testers fro Dragon's Flame today- "Hydra's Stash", which is Serious Seeds Serious Kush X Dragon's Stash. I have time before making my final decision.....but nice to see Jeff follow thru as he promised.
It seems that @Dragonsflame is at the farm now. He just started a thread full of beautiful plants. It looks like you are in for a real treat with those testers. I wish you well with your run with them friend! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
One more day til 7 weeks completed in flowering on the "Cookies.............and it does appear to be filling out a bit. At some point I may have to chopped the top parts of the plants and let the lower bits have another 7-10 days to finish up. It does appear there are 6 of the Lemon OGKush X Cookies in there too- which are heavier yielding, behind in flowering with a different grow pattern and much bigger buds- which isn't a bad thing as I need the weight in the end- just not sure the quality as they are an unreleased strain.

I never did receive the extra testers I was promised by Dragon's Flame, and I think I'll just do one of the ones I have in my second room afterall. Their signature strain, Dragon's Stash, has sold out totally (F1's and F2's). The testers are F3's, still unreleased on the website but I like he's not rushing to get them out before some people report back on their grows. I was amazed after looking at the genetic background this strain has, as it has some old-time favorites in there, i.e. Blueberry, Silver Super Haze, Skunk #1, Afgani, Block Head, Sensi Star, Snow Lotus and a bunch of others. He seems to use it in 90% of his released strains one way or another.

Check this out: https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Dragons_Stash/Dragons_Flame_Genetics/

You can just tell he puts a lot of time into these strains, not like some others (i.e. Ethos) who just pollen chucks 2 strains and sells them untested. It appears to me there aren't many out there willing to do the work anymore. He deserves a grow.

A pic up tomorrow of the room.........

hey bud,

I apologize for leaving ya hanging, I never intentionally do it, just life gets crazy and things get hectic so things slip thru the cracks. If you would still like to test shoot me a message and I will get it out to ya!

And yea, I don't released untested work. That's bad practices for sure! Gotta build a good reputation and release untested is a sure way to solidify a crap reputation.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

@Dragonsflame Pretty sure you already made it right for @sshz, but I could be mistaken. Way to be a stand up person. We all know how life can get brother. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter

To clarify, the hydras is actually the 3 times og [serious og (srssog2 from ig made) x orange og sr71 purple kush] mother to my dragons stash f2 red male.

The serious og is cherry pie x Chemdog #4. The 3 times og as its called is a heavy hitter with a strong kush type effect. Overpowering narcotic heavy smoke. We have had that tested at 33% thc, shes a beauty for sure. When I made the 3 times og, my buddy srssog who made the serious og wanted to work the line, so I sent him seeds which he used to bx back to his mother of the serious og. Because he was working the line, I never released my 3 times og seeds, and while I've made several crosses off my breeder mom, the hydras stash is the first time I've put it out to testers, and with the intent to hopefully get it to release. Assuming it comes together in a worthy way.

My selected breeding mom gets huge outdoors with a nice ball structure with no training required. She throws down some heavy nugs that have some color pops but mostly green bud. Terp is sour nose assaulting funk. Not quite a pure sour like a sour diesel, and not quite a true gas like a tk type kush. Hope this helps clarify, and if you have any questions hmu! Im back on thcfarmer so am around to answer questions now.

To help get ya excited...here is some photos of the mother from a few indoor runs and a full term run.

3 times og 1 of 1
3 times og photo 1 1 of 1
3 times og photo 5 1 of 1
3timesog photo3a 1 of 1
3timesog photo5a 1 of 1
DSCN8742
DSCN8743
DSCN8744
DSCN8746

sshz

sshz

My homemade gummies will put you on your ass.......most people only do quarters or halves, depending on the size. Easy to make with just coconut oil, jello, gelatin and bud. Most everyone prefers the black cherry, I like orange or lime.

Gummies

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I was looking for someone tonight and came across medicalmarijuanastrains.com where I am a weeditor- basically an editor of sorts. The site went straight downhill as posters came on advertising/selling goods under the comments section and the site went straight to shit. But I did a review of Reserva Privada (DNA) OG #18 we previously discussed. My comments reminded me just how SOUR this strain was, but it's back in 2012- my comments were "it's so sour, it would curdle milk" and the "sourness overpowers everything else". It's basically a Sour Kush. I think the pic below is around week 8, needing around 3 more to finish properly.

OG Kush X18 578x433

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom