Ethos "Cookies" - a limited edition release

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dbear180

Dbear180

My homemade gummies will put you on your ass.......most people only do quarters or halves, depending on the size. Easy to make with just coconut oil, jello, gelatin and bud. Most everyone prefers the black cherry, I like orange or lime.

View attachment 942668

Nice! After I finish playing with the boldtbags I'm def gonna be playing with some gummies, gonna hit you up for sure 👍

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
heres the male.

D stash end sept 1 of 1 2
D stash end sept 1 of 1 3
D stash end sept 1 of 1 4
D stash end sept 1 of 1 6
D stash end sept 1 of 1 7
Dragons stash f2  1 of 1 11

sshz

sshz

I only use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro, all 3 stages, with Blue Planet Cal/Mag as I use reverse osmosis H20. I have also added some Botanicare Tea this time- but have added nothing else to the grow at all. As I stated previously, I purposely underfed a bit which I think has truely helped the health of the room and resin production overall. I use to get to 1000 ppm in my grows (sativa's a bit less) but I think I averaged around 750 ppm this time and am currently in the 650 ppm range and slowly tapering off. Cal/Mag will continue to be reduced and stopped in the coming 7-10 days.

sshz

sshz

My personal gummie receipe...........it gook a while to perfect but it's a winner.

The main ingredient is the coconut oil, about 1 lb. Make sure it's "unrefined". Melt it in a double boiler (pot inside a pot) to keep from over heating. I generally add 2-3 oz of cleaned pot, but others use trim and swag add higher amounts. The better the pot, the better the end product. I try to use a blend of strains- but in the end it probably doesn't matter. Mix and stir the oil/pot mix every 15 minutes for 3-4 hours- the longer the better. Some leave the mix in a crock pot for 12 hours = don't go above around 260-270 degrees either way you go. At around 320 degrees, it burns off the resin.

Strain the finished product, leaving you with a light green oil which I put in a tubberware tub and it will stay fresh in the fridge for over a year.

Now on to the gummies-

Ingredients....... 1. 1/3 cup of oil

2. 1/2 cup of water

3. 1 large box of jello

4. 4 small packs of gelatin

5. silicone candy molds available walmart, amazon, michaels, etc.

Boil the water, add the jello and constantly stir for approx. 4 minutes or so. Melt separately all the gelatin in a bit of hot water, stir very well to disolve and then add to boiling jello mix. Keep stiring as it thickens which should be mybe 2 minutes. It will darken and thicken. Then add the oil and stir very well. This is the only place you could mess up (if you want to call it that)- the oil must be mixed well with the jello. If not, when you pour it in the molds, the oil will separate a bit and rise to the top. They'll still be fine to eat, but just won't be as pretty in the end. You will be able to see the oil in the pot not totally immersed by tilting the pot a bit. Just keep stiring the mix until it seems the oil has disappeared- 3-4 minutes maybe. If the final product seems to thick, you just boiled off a bit too much water so just add a small amount more while stirring it in. Don't be afriad to reduce the heat at anytime in the process if you think it's moving along too quickly.

This has been tested and perfected over a number of years. I've changed it numerous times in some way, but this is the way I do it now and have it down pat. Expect it not to be perfect everytime, but you'll get the hang of it after a few times. The oil produced should be enough oil for 3-4 batches of gummies. I normally get around 40-50 gummies each batch.

Any questiuons, just ask.

Dbear180

Dbear180

My personal gummie receipe...........it gook a while to perfect but it's a winner.

The main ingredient is the coconut oil, about 1 lb. Make sure it's "unrefined". Melt it in a double boiler (pot inside a pot) to keep from over heating. I generally add 2-3 oz of cleaned pot, but others use trim and swag add higher amounts. The better the pot, the better the end product. I try to use a blend of strains- but in the end it probably doesn't matter. Mix and stir the oil/pot mix every 15 minutes for 3-4 hours- the longer the better. Some leave the mix in a crock pot for 12 hours = don't go above around 260-270 degrees either way you go. At around 320 degrees, it burns off the resin.

Strain the finished product, leaving you with a light green oil which I put in a tubberware tub and it will stay fresh in the fridge for over a year.

Now on to the gummies-

2. 1/2 cup of water

3. 1 large box of jello

Boil the water, add the jello and constantly stir for approx. 4 minutes or so. Melt separately all the gelatin in a bit of hot water, stir very well to disolve and then add to boiling jello mix. Keep stiring as it thickens which should be mybe 2 minutes. It will darken and thicken. Then add the oil and stir very well. This is the only place you could mess up (if you want to call it that)- the oil must be mixed well with the jello. If not, when you pour it in the molds, the oil will separate a bit and rise to the top. They'll still be fine to eat, but just won't be as pretty in the end. You will be able to see the oil in the pot not totally immersed by tilting the pot a bit. Just keep stiring the mix until it seems the oil has disappeared- 3-4 minutes maybe. If the final product seems to thick, you just boiled off a bit too much water so just add a small amount more while stirring it in. Don't be afriad to reduce the heat at anytime in the process if you think it's moving along too quickly.

This has been tested and perfected over a number of years. I've changed it numerous times in some way, but this is the way I do it now and have it down pat. Expect it not to be perfect everytime, but you'll get the hang of it after a few times. The oil produced should be enough oil for 3-4 batches of gummies. I normally get around 40-50 gummies each batch.

Awesomeeeee! Thank you man! I do have one question. I already have a ton of really strong butter, could I use that in place of the coconut oil as long as I emulsify everything really good?

sshz

sshz

Yes, that will work fine. Just substitute, other things could be used too. I use coconut oil for a number of reasons, but they'll all work well (as long as you don't burn them). Check the boiling point on butter and make sure you dont go over that number, or even near it. A few more things.........

1. I made this recipe so you could travel with the gummies and they would not melt. I carry one in my pocket in a baggie for 4-5 hours and they don't melt- good as new. I keep mine in the fridge otherwise, if not over time, they will mold if kept too warm.

2. The stronger the weed and the more you use, the better the end product. For some, they are too strong and want me to use less or weaker pot in the ingredients. You'll have to make your own decision on this. Better to be a bit stronger and cut off a piece rather than have to take 2 to get the job done.

3. Some people just melt them in tea and drink the tea. It takes about 45 minutes or more to start feeling the effects, it really depends on how much you have in your stomach. START SLOW, I've had people freak on them- you've been warned. DON'T drive or plan on going out or getting much done. About the most I can accomplish with full effects is watching TV or playing my guitar or taking a walk- and sleep usually isn't too far off. I also recommend not smoking something or drinking, as these can make you dizzy and wobbly on your feet.

4. Adding the oil to the jello is always the last process towards the very end, again make sure it's well absorbed in the jello. Pour immediately into the molds when done or it will thicken and make pouring more difficult. I sometimes have to reheat whats left to make it pourable again, that's not a problem. Place them in fridge for an hour or two, remove from molds and put in tubberware in fridge. You're done...........

There are many recipes out there, I'm sure most are just fine. This is just mine, many are using it with good success. The final item will feel like a firm gummie, will melt in your mouth and taste great with no pot aftertaste.

One more addition- you don't need to have this boiling away thru the whole process. I often turn things down to medium to slow the process down a bit or go up and down. It won't hurt anything. If you use a rolling boiling thru it all, you'll get less gummies since a lot of water will be evaporated off leaving less product (but a stronger gummie).

Dbear180

Dbear180

Yes, that will work fine. Just substitute, other things could be used too. I use coconut oil for a number of reasons, but they'll all work well (as long as you don't burn them). Check the boiling point on butter and make sure you dont go over that number, or even near it. A few more things.........

1. I made this recipe so you could travel with the gummies and they would not melt. I carry one in my pocket in a baggie for 4-5 hours and they don't melt- good as new. I keep mine in the fridge otherwise, if not over time, they will mold if kept too warm.

2. The stronger the weed and the more you use, the better the end product. For some, they are too strong and want me to use less or weaker pot in the ingredients. You'll have to make your own decision on this. Better to be a bit stronger and cut off a piece rather than have to take 2 to get the job done.

3. Some people just melt them in tea and drink the tea. It takes about 45 minutes or more to start feeling the effects, it really depends on how much you have in your stomach. START SLOW, I've had people freak on them- you've been warned. DON'T drive or plan on going out or getting much done. About the most I can accomplish with full effects is watching TV or playing my guitar or taking a walk- and sleep usually isn't too far off. I also recommend not smoking something or drinking, as these can make you dizzy and wobbly on your feet.

4. Adding the oil to the jello is always the last process towards the very end, again make sure it's well absorbed in the jello. Pour immediately into the molds when done or it will thicken and make pouring more difficult. I sometimes have to reheat whats left to make it pourable again, that's not a problem. Place them in fridge for an hour or two, remove from molds and put in tubberware in fridge. You're done...........

There are many recipes out there, I'm sure most are just fine. This is just mine, many are using it with good success. The final item will feel like a firm gummie, will melt in your mouth and taste great with no pot aftertaste.

One more addition- you don't need to have this boiling away thru the whole process. I often turn things down to medium to slow the process down a bit or go up and down. It won't hurt anything. If you use a rolling boiling thru it all, you'll get less gummies since a lot of water will be evaporated off leaving less product (but a stronger gummie).

Nice! I will let you know how it goes! I mostly want them for sleep or travel. tired of eating rice krispies & hot chocolate doesnt sound very good when it's still over 85 outside @ night either lol.

sshz

sshz

I normally take one 1-2 hours before bedtime...........be aware some say they still feel the effects in the morning a bit. A hot shower should clear out the cobwebs.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Now on to the gummies-

2. 1/2 cup of water

3. 1 large box of jello

Thank you so much for the recipes! And for your work in testing and perfecting them over the years. I look forward to utilizing both recipes. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Someday I'll post a video on Youtube with the whole process, start to finish. Maybe after this crop is harvested......
I know that I would truly appreciate that, but no worries if you don't get around to it. I might look into a crock pot method for infusing the coconut oil anyway. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

sshz

sshz

There is one difference with the crock pot method..........to make sure you don't burn the oil or the marijuana, you would also add a cup or or two of water to the mix. This in turn, will stop any chance of a burn. Who is going to be available 12 straight hours checking temps of the mix- if you do, you don't have a life. LOL Then when finished and you strain the spent pot from the liquid into a big bowl or container, the water will separate from the oil in a few hours in the fridge. The oil will solidify, that's what you want. The water gets thrown away as it's no good for anything.

The double boiler method is ideal because you can only get the temps to a certain point and no higher so there is no chance of burning. Crock pots are more difficult as you need to test the liquid temps periodically to make sure it doesn't get too hot, as their regulators are cheap chinese crap. With both methods, make sure you stir everything periodically.

Any more questions, please ask.

sshz

sshz

Just catching up on some stuff today........ day 52 in flowering, I expect somethings finished around day 60, others closer to 70 or beyond. I have started thinning out some leaves in the room- anything diseased, yellowing or shading lower buds is gently being removed- around a solid handful every day or two. I think the plan right now is to chopped things as they finish, letting lower stuff continue to gather more light and finish more. The LemonOG Kush X Cookies is definitely behind the other Cookie strain- so it will be a piecemeal harvest over the next couple of weeks. I don't see having to go more than 3 more weeks overall.

Two pic's from this morning:

IMG 1150

IMG 1148

sshz

sshz

So moving forward- I'm planning on starting the Archive Seeds in another room initially in smaller pots, in just about 1 week. This will give them a head start to branch out (with pinching) as it's not an overly yielding strain. Then when the main room is done and cleaned, I'll transplant these into 4 gallon pots and they should be ready to take off by then with another 4 weeks in veg. Then I'll begin 8-10 seeds of the Dragons Flame "Hydra Stash"- 3 Times OG X Dragons Stash in a 3rd room which are F/M so probably half of these will turn male and be removed. My only decision right now is if I'll do these under HPS or LED. I have a nice LED which has never been used but I like the idea of reduced heat as this room has no serious exhaust leaving the area. It would mean another water/fertilizer source as LED grows require less of everything too.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

There is one difference with the crock pot method..........to make sure you don't burn the oil or the marijuana, you would also add a cup or or two of water to the mix. This in turn, will stop any chance of a burn. Who is going to be available 12 straight hours checking temps of the mix- if you do, you don't have a life. LOL Then when finished and you strain the spent pot from the liquid into a big bowl or container, the water will separate from the oil in a few hours in the fridge. The oil will solidify, that's what you want. The water gets thrown away as it's no good for anything.

The double boiler method is ideal because you can only get the temps to a certain point and no higher so there is no chance of burning. Crock pots are more difficult as you need to test the liquid temps periodically to make sure it doesn't get too hot, as their regulators are cheap chinese crap. With both methods, make sure you stir everything periodically.

Any more questions, please ask.
I appreciate the information brother. I have just made "budder" for decades with a crock pot, so I was hopeful that there would be a similar method for the coconut oil. Thank you again for being so helpful! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom