Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Came across sshz's threads from an Aqua thread. Each one took like a week to get through. In typing this post I just realized where my last month went....

I read this and can't help but laugh............ this is why i tell people try to keep up every couple of days or you'll be lost. It reminds me when I was in school and missed a few days while sick and came back, and I was lost in class. LOL

Pondracer

Pondracer

I got mine at the link below. I dont know that it has made any difference in THC for me, but it seems to knock the bugs down.

sshz

sshz

I'm almost to the point of just using the UV-B on one side of the room, so I can make a visual comparison. I'll need to think about it some, as I plan on using Massive on one side too. @Aqua Man- I'll let you decide how you want me to proceed, since it's your nickle.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Yes, it appears the worst is over........we've been in the 60's almost daily now, but nights are still dropping into the 30's or 40's. Regarding warming the room, 2 things: 1) the exhaust fan is run at 100% (negative room pressure) at night so it's pulling warmer air in from under the door and 2) I have the dehumidifier on set at 55% so that cycles on and off and spits out warm air while running. So, lights on temps run around 80-81 degrees and dark temps are between 64-66 degrees. The humidity fluctuates between 52-58%.

I have been experimenting with lowering the lights again, sometimes down to 12-14 inches. It didn't take long before some of the plants showed the negative affects. Others may be able to run them closer, but not me. I'm done playing with them, they've been placed back to between 18-20 inches and will not be lowered again.
We're going through the same “story” bro, (My dehumidifer set 55%, AC 21°,6 inch exhaust fan, week 2 )
I adjusted the height of led to 60cm in the week 1, but the plants showed the negative affects( light stress) , what I am more concerned about is that my exhaust fan will be ready to be used (only for remove smell ) after week 3 . if the exhaust fan keeps pumping air into the room, will the stable temperature / humidity of AC and dehumidifer work at the same time affect,?
I guess there will definitely be side effects. Although the indoor temperature / humidity is definitely higher than that of the outdoor, I feel that the dehumidifier / air conditioner can make the indoor environment reach a certain balance that will be damaged by the exhaust fan, Or it will make the dehumidifier / air conditioner more efficient and operate for a relatively small time through the work of the exhaust fan.
Totally, have no idea.

As the harvest is coming in May, it may be a headache (the outside temperature is about 27-28 ° in the daytime and 14 ° at night). I'm a little puzzled about this problem. What I can think of now is to keep the exhaust fan and led on and off at the same time.

sshz

sshz

Well, I'm using a 10 inch exhaust fan so that vs. a 6 inch is a world of difference- probably 300-400 cfm which is a lot. You room looks nice by the way!

Where I am heading is adding an additional control thermostat for heat and humidity which will automatically cycle ON/OFF when necessary. The other thing that's been challenging is the differences in the summer months vs. the winter months- it's been a totally different world. I found the summer easy/peasy as I just left the exhaust fan run at 75% and it was a perfect 81-82 degrees all the time. Now in the winter, I'm seeing much more of a fluctuation and am in the room every hour checking the heat and humidity and adjusting as need be.

It's only my 3rd grow with LED's and in this room, and my first winter grow so there is a learning curve to control everything within a certain range. In the end though, every room is different and outside temps/humidity do impact every inside grow to a point. For some reason though, my nights temps and humidity have been perfect with 65 degrees and 55% humidity without having to do much at all.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

The Orange Gasm thread is probably the thread, if you are new to LED's or just want a "grow" refresher- to concentrate on as it's packed with info. I just checked, over 41K views at this point which is pretty amazing considering it's not a live thread (people aren't posting in it anymore). The Sweet Zombie thread has over 40K views. It appears there's still close to 1,000 views a month of the Gasm thread, probably from Gavita google searches, as it often shows up at the top of the search page (depending on your search words).

I'll make it easy for some of you and here's the Sweet Zombie grow too:

Thanks, I've already got it open and have been slowly switching back and forth from this to the other, time to focus on the gasm! I'm on f60 of my first grow, can definitely use all the tips lol. Thanks again for the great reads! And good luck on a homerun on this one !

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter

The wind pressure value
of exhaust fan is around 250-300pa, 420m3/h, and the filter is installed outside the tent.
Normally, the AC and dehumidifiers can do some badass combo, After setting the temperature and humidity, the indoor environment can achieve the great balance and temperature difference i want .
The reason why I seldom use exhaust fans to control environment is that if it rains today, the outdoor humidity may reach 80% tomorrow. But I guess that the outdoor environmental change determines the indoor environmental change.

A few weeks ago, if only the exhaust fan was turned on, the indoor temperature would be 3-4 ° lower than the outdoor temperature (18-19°)(even if the light was turned on), but the humidity would drop to 40-45, which is a bit exaggerated, that is why I haven't used it at that moment. I lower the humidity of the dehumidifier from 55% to 50% in the 4 week of flowering ,45% after week 6 untill the harvest, but I'm still a little worried that when those Babe girls were in week 4 ,and AC, exhaust fan and dehumidifier start to turn on at the same time(Light on ), whether the effect will be better than that of only AC and dehumidifier (assuming that the outdoor temperature is 24-26 ° in the daytime and 17-20 ° at night)

sshz

sshz

I've learned not to sweat the environmental issues too much......... the plants can do very well in a wide range of conditions. It's also inside out of the weather so you already have an advantage and it's a f*cking weed which can grow almost everywhere. My main issue is temperature swings, and I really don't worry about it- I just fix it and wait til the next visit. Of course later in flowering I'd like to dial it all in but in veg and early flowering, it matters little.

But it's easier for me cause I don't work and am home most of the time so I can visit often. People that work though, don't have the luxury of hourly visits.........

Regarding exhaust fans, for my situation, they are a perfect way to control room temps. My issue with that though is smell control, and I'll be adding an additional room scrubber shortly so things don't get worse later (smell wise) in flowering. Every room or tent is different, and everyone has to find their own way to make it work.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I usually go to the tent after work around 8 p.m. and check babes almost every day, sometimes twice ia day in weekend (I am handwater guy)
I didn't pay much attention to the environment or VPD in Veg . After all, the cost will increase. Oh,U re also using green planet, I did an experiment before, that is to use green planet line separately, Compared with emerald harvest, I found that both of them are similar,If only through taste and flavor, I haven't found anything better than emerlad harvest. If I remember correctly, Jack og also uses EH.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm almost to the point of just using the UV-B on one side of the room, so I can make a visual comparison. I'll need to think about it some, as I plan on using Massive on one side too. @Aqua Man- I'll let you decide how you want me to proceed, since it's your nickle.
Completely up to you... your grow, your rules.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I read this and can't help but laugh............ this is why i tell people try to keep up every couple of days or you'll be lost. It reminds me when I was in school and missed a few days while sick and came back, and I was lost in class. LOL
It never occurred to me to not just try to keep up from when I start reading. Occasionally i will go back to the first post to figure out strains etc, but I'm always surprised how many people read these things like books.

sshz

sshz

Even though, by appearance, this strain grows like an indica, it has some sativa characteristics i.e. sensitive to fertilizer levels. I haven't been above 850 ppm the entire grow, yet I'm seeing a few burnt tips on some plants. Rasta Jeff from Irie Seeds likes to call it "getting your nails done" i.e. a fingernail polish affect. So here's a pic so you all know what I'm talking about and todays watering will be cut back to fresh water only and 5ml Cal/Mag and nothing else.

IMG 1384

Anthem

Anthem

Sshz you going to try the massive? I started using it about 2 weeks ago and it looks like it is legit. I am up to about 50 percent of what the bottle states to use. I want to say 19ML per gallon but that seems like a lot for me in hydro. I am probably going to drop it back to about 40 percent I am starting to see tale tale signs of foxtailing at like 4 1/2 weeks, just as the plants are starting to stake pretty well.
Any ways Massive has an organic form of triacontanol and some other Gibblings or something like that, that is good for terpenes. The Triacontanol is the main ingredients that makes this stuff work IMO. It is a PGR.
I was using a nutrient line called Floromax that was new to the US a couple of years ago and I am pretty sure it had some of the triacontanol in one of the products because I have yet to get to those yields and I have improved as a grower. And were less than perfect grows.

sshz

sshz

The Massive has been ordered but they are out of stock........ it was ordered last week and every few days they update me by email- still out of stock. So, when it arrives, I'll detail it in the grow as I'm only going to use it on 1 side of the room so we can compare if there are any differences in the plants at the end. @Aqua Man uses it and has been raving about it, so we'll all see what's up with it when it finally makes it here.

Truthfully though, I never heard of it before this thread.........

Anthem

Anthem

The Massive has been ordered but they are out of stock........ it was ordered last week and every few days they update me by email- still out of stock. So, when it arrives, I'll detail it in the grow as I'm only going to use it on 1 side of the room so we can compare if there are any differences in the plants at the end. @Aqua Man uses it and has been raving about it, so we'll all see what's up with it when it finally makes it here.

Truthfully though, I never heard of it before this thread.........
I believe Aqua man heard about it from Dirtbag. If you do a search on google for it some of the comments from Dirtbag on it will come up and send you right back to here on THC Farmer. He started talking about it in I believe 2019. It should improve the overall weight but it is also going to change the feeding requirements from one side to the other if I understand things correctly. More bud mass more food is my thinking.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I believe Aqua man heard about it from Dirtbag. If you do a search on google for it some of the comments from Dirtbag on it will come up and send you right back to here on THC Farmer. He started talking about it in I believe 2019. It should improve the overall weight but it is also going to change the feeding requirements from one side to the other if I understand things correctly. More bud mass more food is my thinking.
Yup that's exactly where I heard it from... I used it last grow but as we all know what a cluster **** that was I can't say for certain but shit kinda blew up when I added it... not when I added it to early and caused my plants to stretch like beanstalks... I couldn't think of who better setup and honest to run a test with it than @sshz so I decided to pester the old man (40 ish If I remember right) into trying a side by side. Good thing for all if us he had a rubber arm and was willing 😁

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have been experimenting a bit w tria. Mixing some powder w polysorbate 20. Very conservative so far....but my wife has been using it aggressively w her succulents and it has them blowing up. I keep telling her this will prob lead to problems, but she is fearless so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom