Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

80% of the spraying should be made underneath the leaves, as that’s where most bugs hide and feed...... I spray very little up top, very little. Some sprays have a translaminar effect, which means you can just spray the top of leaves and it will work it’s way to the bottom of the leaf too. But it will say that in the directions if so.

Round things underneath are usually eggs, if they are not moving. Doubtful, if they are long, it’s mites which is always a good thing since they are hardest to get rid of. Sounds like thrips to me if they move fast and are wormy shaped.

Madmax

Madmax

I think your right.bet one of them bastards jumped on me from visiting the outdoor plant which has some white flies but not many .same with the thrips .Bet that was time consuming..tomorrow as soon as light goes off in veg i was going to do them.i guess you used a green headlight to do it.i might do the little bushy clone first just incase lol..

sshz

sshz

Make sure the room and plants have a chance to cool down some before spraying anything on them, except maybe water. Watering them well 6-12 hours before the spraying will also reduce any possible stress.

And one thing I haven’t talk about is spraying the plants down with water 2 days later to rinse off whatever is left on the leaves, including dead bugs, dust and dirt, and residues, etc. Most things will clog the stomata and slow down plant growth. Not water mind you, but most other things. This spraying will help get them back on their feet quicker.

But no need to spray after a PureCrop1 spraying IMO, as plants never seem to miss a beat when I spray it.

Pondracer

Pondracer

You have a humidifier and a dehumidifier in the same room???

Yes. Exhaust fan is around 700cfm. I should explain better, they do not run at the same time :) Each has a threshold. Humidifier only runs below 50%, Dehumidifier only runs above 64%. The idea is to keep it in that band. Exhaust fan triggers if the dehumidifier can't handle it and it rises above 70%.

sshz

sshz

So this is (was) the tallest plant in the room and while trying to bend the main stalk to a 90 degree angle, I basically tore the stem. The cola to the right was the top cola of the plant. I left it alone, it's healing nicely and the cola is at 90 degrees like I hoped for. You can see the crown of buds underneath doing nicely too now that they have full access to the light above.

IMG 1386

sshz

sshz

A quick review today............ and a video down below of the shorter side.

Day 23 in flowering today, things look very nice and couldn't be happier where I'm at with the room. Ferts have been reduced to 750ppm with 8ml per gallon of Cal/mag. Lights are at 17 inches above the canopy but I go up and down from 17-20 inches. Temps stay within the 79-81 degree range, humidity is constant around 54-58%. I'm watering every other day, and I'm pulling about 1 1/2 gallons of dehumidifier water out each day. Floor fan runs constantly, as does the exhaust fan with the Phresh filter.

An additional Phresh filter will be added tomorrow or Monday and I've ordered an Inkbird thermostat for better temperature control, which will be hooked up to the 10 inch exhaust fan. I've done a lot less defoliation this crop (on purpose) so I can compare it to previous grows. I still remove a few leaves everyday as needed. I wanted to mention I fertilize 3 waterings in a row, then the 4th watering is just fresh water with 5ml Cal/Mag. So 3 -1 right now, and will go to 2-1 later in flowering to reduce any fertilizer build up.

The big change coming this grow will be the UV-B fixtures, ready to go around weeks 7.5-8.5 depending on when I feel they will be done. I suspect these will need about 9.5 weeks total but it's just a guess right now.

sshz

sshz

A little leafy would be my only comment, but I’ll continue to slowly remove the largest ones, along with anything blocking lower buds. These have also been a bit sensitive to fertilIzation, as I’m on the low scale so they are not a deep green. But either way, not a slacker in the bunch.

The other side of the room is a bit more uneven, with 4 quite tall plants and the rest a bit taller than the side above. Their growth pattern is also more spread out, and I suspect more saliva in them.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A little leafy would be my only comment, but I’ll continue to slowly remove the largest ones, along with anything blocking lower buds. These have also been a bit sensitive to fertilIzation, as I’m on the low scale so they are not a deep green. But either way, not a slacker in the bunch.
@sshz forgive me for this but you sir are OCD in the most amazing way... perfect plants and still looking to improve.

sshz

sshz

Lol........ I’m only REALLY happy the last week or two when I’m near the end.......... things can go south real fast. I’ve already said I’m very happy with the room, it looks on point. But Ethos is always a crap shoot, and some of the best looking stuff I’ve ever done was from them WITH NO HIGH. Bag appeal onply goes so far.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Its funny guys mention pulling leaves of sends the energy to the tops,listening to bugby mention that the leaves send energy to the tops taking them off prevents that so you lose that energy..was something like that..and using the green light in the room..mine a led and very bright so now i need to find something not as strong..i might go to a party tonite and mention photon flux and see if i can score a root..

sshz

sshz

I assumed the taller plants leaned to the Lemon Berry Candy OG side but I was wrong:

medium height, strong branching
thc 25% with 1-3% cbd
yield med-heavy
uplifting and energetic
flowering 7-9 weeks

Ethos Cookies #16

tall
thc 30% with 1% cbd
yield beast/heavy
flowering 9 weeks

so, taller plants lean to the cookie side. Flavor comes from the Lemon Berry Side. Everything I’ve read from people who grew it talk about the sweet Candy smell and flavor, with loads of berries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom