Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthem

Anthem

Yup that's exactly where I heard it from... I used it last grow but as we all know what a cluster **** that was I can't say for certain but shit kinda blew up when I added it... not when I added it to early and caused my plants to stretch like beanstalks... I couldn't think of who better setup and honest to run a test with it than @sshz so I decided to pester the old man (40 ish If I remember right) into trying a side by side. Good thing for all if us he had a rubber arm and was willing 😁
Well anything with PGR's is going to increase the overall yield, IF and this is the big if the plant is given the additional nutrients/environment it will need because of the increased growth.

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Well, I'm using a 10 inch exhaust fan so that vs. a 6 inch is a world of difference- probably 300-400 cfm which is a lot. You room looks nice by the way!

Where I am heading is adding an additional control thermostat for heat and humidity which will automatically cycle ON/OFF when necessary.
Would it be beneficial to use a ducting Y and run 2 identical carbon filters side-by-side? With the same air volume being pulled thru by the 1 fan, would that halve the flow thru each carbon element? Effectively doubling the time that your dank grow tent air spends getting cleaned by said charcoal?

sshz

sshz

It's a valid point BUT........... remember, the exhaust fan is serving 2 functions: 1) smell control and 2) temperature control. The issue I'm facing right now is the fan is running at a very low speed (around 25% of max) because if I turn it up higher, it cools the room down to about 74 degrees. At a low speed, it is not cleaning the air properly, so it's more smelly. So I thought since I already own another 6 inch exhaust fan, I'd buy another Phresh Filter to fit and just scrub the air at 100% with this fan/filter and let it exhaust in the room, i.e. room scrubber.

So, this way, I can still control the exhaust air out and the room temperature while having a dedicated smell filter running 100% all the time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's a valid point BUT........... remember, the exhaust fan is serving 2 functions: 1) smell control and 2) temperature control. The issue I'm facing right now is the fan is running at a very low speed (around 25% of max) because if I turn it up higher, it cools the room down to about 74 degrees. At a low speed, it is not cleaning the air properly, so it's more smelly. So I thought since I already own another 6 inch exhaust fan, I'd buy another Phresh Filter to fit and just scrub the air at 100% with this fan/filter and let it exhaust in the room, i.e. room scrubber.

So, this way, I can still control the exhaust air out and the room temperature while having a dedicated smell filter running 100% all the time.
Think that's the best route... should absolutely work and more air mixing to boot.

sshz

sshz

So I just bought another Phresh Filter to fit my 6 inch fan, which has a 424 cfm so I had to find a filter rated for the fan. Here is a chart off the Phresh Filter website, the 6 inch X 16 inch fit the bill. Thru Amazon, it will be here Friday. My only small concern is MORE NOISE with each fan I add....... you've probably heard the room already in some of the videos.
All Filters
Part #NameCFMMSRP
HGC701255Phresh Intake Filter 4 in x 6 in 140 CFM140$64.16
HGC701003Phresh Filter 4 in x 12 in 200 CFM200$126.92
HGC701005Phresh Filter 6 in x 16 in 400 CFM400$194.39
HGC701175Phresh Inline Filter 6 in 500 CFM500$261.86
HGC701010Phresh Filter 6 in x 24 in 550 CFM550$215.78
HGC701015Phresh Filter 8 in x 24 in 750 CFM750$230.48
HGC701180Phresh Inline Filter 8 in 750 CFM750$336.83
HGC701185Phresh Inline Filter 10 in 850 CFM850$393.60
HGC701018Phresh Filter 8 in x 39 in 950 CFM950$306.85
HGC701018Phresh Filter 8 in x 39 in 950 CFM950$405.86
HGC701190Phresh Inline Filter 12 in 950 CFM950$485.70
HGC701025Phresh Filter 10 in x 39 in 1400 CFM1400$337.58

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

So I just bought another Phresh Filter to fit my 6 inch fan, which has a 424 cfm so I had to find a filter rated for the fan. Here is a chart off the Phresh Filter website, the 6 inch X 16 inch fit the bill. Thru Amazon, it will be here Friday. My only small concern is MORE NOISE with each fan I add....... you've probably heard the room already in some of the videos.

Everytime I click on one of your videos it surprises me for a second. Are you able to hear the grow room stuff throughout your house?

sshz

sshz

Everytime I click on one of your videos it surprises me for a second. Are you able to hear the grow room stuff throughout your house?

LOL.......no. I can hear it a bit while in the basement, but not on any of the other floors. My TV sound bar does a good job of drowning it out. Remember, when I take a video, I'm in the room and it is loud but I don't even notice it anymore. The iPad or phone which takes the video's does a very good job of picking up sounds, as you can tell. Some day I'll say something with everything turned off so you can hear my gruffy old voice........

Pondracer

Pondracer

Now in the winter, I'm seeing much more of a fluctuation and am in the room every hour checking the heat and humidity and adjusting as need be.

It's only my 3rd grow with LED's and in this room, and my first winter grow so there is a learning curve to control everything within a certain range. In the end though, every room is different and outside temps/humidity do impact every inside grow to a point. For some reason though, my nights temps and humidity have been perfect with 65 degrees and 55% humidity without having to do much at all.

I will document mine better after the current run. I had a problem that changed things up, but overall I have the area very stable. Mine is a 5x9 with 2ea 800w LEDs. I use a TrolMaster to control climate and lighting. Single sensor for temp and humidity. Triggers are:

• Dehumidifier triggers at 64% humidity
  • Exhaust fan triggers at 70% humidity
  • Exhaust fan triggers at 85F/ 29.4C
  • Humidifier triggers at 50% humidity
  • Space heater triggers at 75F / 23.8C
  • LED lights run at 85%
Everything is depending on so many factors I don't know that can copy it from one setup to another. My bio load on this tent, with the feeding schedule I have, gives me the readings below. You can see the humidity swings when I open the tent door to check the plants in the evening.
IMG 8152

IMG 8151

Madmax

Madmax

All Filters
Part #NameCFMMSRP
HGC701255Phresh Intake Filter 4 in x 6 in 140 CFM140$64.16
HGC701003Phresh Filter 4 in x 12 in 200 CFM200$126.92
HGC701005Phresh Filter 6 in x 16 in 400 CFM400$194.39
HGC701175Phresh Inline Filter 6 in 500 CFM500$261.86
HGC701010Phresh Filter 6 in x 24 in 550 CFM550$215.78
HGC701015Phresh Filter 8 in x 24 in 750 CFM750$230.48
HGC701180Phresh Inline Filter 8 in 750 CFM750$336.83
HGC701185Phresh Inline Filter 10 in 850 CFM850$393.60
HGC701018Phresh Filter 8 in x 39 in 950 CFM950$306.85
HGC701018Phresh Filter 8 in x 39 in 950 CFM950$405.86
HGC701190Phresh Inline Filter 12 in 950 CFM950$485.70
HGC701025Phresh Filter 10 in x 39 in 1400 CFM1400$337.58
I personally would of got the 500cfm as to not restrict the fan..but it should b fine as you only use it at low speed....ive used a bottle of the massive and cant tell any difference from using anything else . Im sure it worked for aqua with the multiple feedings pr day plant were getting..im using 50% and every now and then i will give em 100% .plant outside is getting it right through flower ..im keen on trying the dyna gro foliage pro dirbags mate is using to great effects.

sshz

sshz

24 cfm difference won’t restrict the fan........ I wanted something smaller as things are getting tight in there between the floor fan, the dehumidifier, wiring, original Phresh filter, etc. I’m not sure where I’ll put it yet, probably up high in the center so it’s out of the way. Glad I have 40 amps dedicated to this room, as I ran electric specifically to the grow area to avoid fuse issues. The house has 200 amp service anyway, so I’m in good shape.

sshz

sshz

I will document mine better after the current run. I had a problem that changed things up, but overall I have the area very stable. Mine is a 5x9 with 2ea 800w LEDs. I use a TrolMaster to control climate and lighting. Single sensor for temp and humidity. Triggers are:

• Dehumidifier triggers at 64% humidity
  • Exhaust fan triggers at 70% humidity
  • Exhaust fan triggers at 85F/ 29.4C
  • Humidifier triggers at 50% humidity
  • Space heater triggers at 75F / 23.8C
  • LED lights run at 85%
Everything is depending on so many factors I don't know that can copy it from one setup to another. My bio load on this tent, with the feeding schedule I have, gives me the readings below. You can see the humidity swings when I open the tent door to check the plants in the evening.View attachment 1103555

View attachment 1103553

You have a humidifier and a dehumidifier in the same room???

Madmax

Madmax

24 cfm difference won’t restrict the fan........ I wanted something smaller as things are getting tight in there between the floor fan, the dehumidifier, wiring, original Phresh filter, etc. I’m not sure where I’ll put it yet, probably up high in the center so it’s out of the way. Glad I have 40 amps dedicated to this room, as I ran electric specifically to the grow area to avoid fuse issues. The house has 200 amp service anyway, so I’m in good shape.
I actually got a 40 amp cable aswell put in before i started but its split into 2 sheds from box..how many amps are you running when you add everything up...the dehumidifier you have would b up there.i bet its close to the lights draw..

sshz

sshz

The dehumidifier user more power than even the lights, around 725 watts or so. But it cycles on and off thru the day. Each light is 645 watts, the large exhaust fan I think is about 175 watts and the floor fan is probably 225 watts but I’d have to check that.

When I was doing hps, the room was using about 2400-2500 watt so I’m close to that.........the big difference in my house and why I’ve had a 60% reduction in watts used monthly is I replaced both hvac systems which were old and running all the time. Those a/c compressors use more electricity than anything in the house.

sshz

sshz

I love reading threads on others sites and magically my name pops up in the thread....... LOL

"Go look here in Indoor hydro and read the thread on the Gavita 1700e and find out what dude pulled from 4 x 8 tent with 2 Gavita 645`s over each 4 x 4 area.....sshz if I remember his handle , but he`s also got a thread at the Farm documenting 2 grows with the equipment so far.....

He hit well over 3 lbs per each 4 x 4 so it`s worth checking out the thread.....but.....To answer the original question yield in a 2 x 4 is subjective and a roll of the dice at best depending on too many X factors that can affect the bottom line......Strain dependent first and foremost , growth structure as close to single cola as possible to pack as many per sq ft in as possible , and canopy management as well as optimum environmental control start to finish with air exchange twice per minute.....anyways.....Good luck and....."

Poster was DunHavnFun on RIU............. but he obviously visits the Farm too.

Madmax

Madmax

The dehumidifier user more power than even the lights, around 725 watts or so. But it cycles on and off thru the day. Each light is 645 watts, the large exhaust fan I think is about 175 watts and the floor fan is probably 225 watts but I’d have to check that.

When I was doing hps, the room was using about 2400-2500 watt so I’m close to that.........the big difference in my house and why I’ve had a 60% reduction in watts used monthly is I replaced both hvac systems which were old and running all the time. Those a/c compressors use more electricity than anything in the house.
Gotta have it..i was moaning with 200 watt dehuey .she only just does the job .some days it battles to stay under 62% ..but most of the time its between 45-53% which isnt too bad...i will b a little worried once winters here and getting rain.i draw my air from outside..well inside shed actually but its not sealed or anything.id love to b inside.that changes everything completely,be a more consistent enviroment..one day lol..

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

So it looks like the Massive won't even ship til next week which puts it here between weeks 5-6 so I'll probably just pass on it this crop and use in earnest next crop. I don't like to introduce too many things at one time anyway, in case things go sour so I'll just concentrate on the UV-B this crop and then the Massive in the next one.

Week 5 seems like the perfect time to open up for guesses towards the next yield contest........... The prize package this time will be:

1. Destiny Exotic Genetics "Mind Tricks"............... full unopened pack

2. Expert Seeds "Blueberry Glue".............. full unopened pack

3. Dr. GreenThumb "Turkish Cookies".............. last pack I own, full unopened pack

4. Ethos Genetics "Mystery Pack" of 10 tester seeds. I listed all the strains previously in the thread, it's a mix.

It will be a one time guess and no updates or changes once the guess is posted Guesses can be made anytime during week 5, which I'll announce again when we get close and I'll continue to update the guess list thru the week.

Lastly, I'm happy with the room so far. I think we are on par to the previous grows, and the only question is the final size of the colas. Ethos states it's a "beast" of a yielder but they've said that before and it didn't come to pass. No netting again, it's probably not necessary. I purposely left everything a bit leafier, just so I can compare previous grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom