Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

First of all thanks for these threads. I came across a post of yours in a different forum that I used to frequent but has changed for the worse. I followed you over here to see some new leds in action. Boy did I hit the jackpot. Read till I was out of guest page views. Signed up and dove right in. Love all the details about every aspect of the grow. Great info and great vibes. Please don’t change a thing. If reading a thread is too much work for a grower I doubt they will be up for putting in the work it takes to grow quality flowers. I have a fair amount of experience growing and found this to be a interesting and informative read and a great walkthrough for a novice grower. Kudos on a job well done and keep up the good work.
-GHD
Well said and welcome to the forum.

sshz

sshz

I have heaps of books like that 😂😂..

Seriously... imagine all the pms youd get asking a gazillion questions about this n that ..id b like.. fockoff 😃..
First of all thanks for these threads. I came across a post of yours in a different forum that I used to frequent but has changed for the worse. I followed you over here to see some new leds in action. Boy did I hit the jackpot. Read till I was out of guest page views. Signed up and dove right in. Love all the details about every aspect of the grow. Great info and great vibes. Please don’t change a thing. If reading a thread is too much work for a grower I doubt they will be up for putting in the work it takes to grow quality flowers. I have a fair amount of experience growing and found this to be a interesting and informative read and a great walkthrough for a novice grower. Kudos on a job well done and keep up the good work.
-GHD

These are the kind of responses I really like to see and appreciate the most........ someone feels strongly enough to join the site and say hi. Both the Sweet Zombie and Orange Gasm threads are at 36K views now, so the Zombie thread has finally caught up. That's alot of views, so I know you're out there......OR........... Milson and Mad Max are clicking on the thread every 2 minutes. LOL

sshz

sshz

Did you see Gavita is coming out with a 345 watt LED in Feb., 2021??? Same fixture, but less diodes........

Gavita pro 900e led 570x195

Gavita Pro 900e LED

• 8-bar configuration provides uniform light distribution that is ideal for vertical racks, low rooms, over benches, or in tents
  • 900 µmol/s delivers huge growing potential without overpowering your plants in a low-ceiling environment
  • Design provides an incredibly efficient 2.6 µmol/j at 345 W and produces a broad-spectrum light source ideal for any growth stage
  • Masterfully crafted with high-quality 120-277 volt Philips brand drivers
  • Top-bin LEDs power this built-to-last fixture
  • Features built-in 6k V surge protector
  • Multiple hanging options included in box for hanging the fixture from multiple mounting points
  • Balanced, full-spectrum light output
  • FCC and UL 8800 compliant
  • IP66 rated for use in wet environments
  • Available in North America Feb 2021

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Wow! That looks like a great light! Gotta love Gavita!

Put me down for "don't change a thing" please. I love these threads! I love the details, the pictures, the information is priceless IMHO.

I've been here for well over 10 years now.....these threads u post are right up there with some of the best on this forum. Especially when you consider the gear your running, the Genetics, its all good stuff!

Some details may seem mundane, but assure you, nothing could be further from the truth. What may seem like a mundane detail can easily be the answer to someone with a problem.

Even personal details add value to a thread as it gives the reader a chance to "relate" to the OP.

Someone new setting up a room could reference a number of your threads as a guide on how to go about it.

The "scenarios" are endless, and without threads like yours, all we would have left is a bunch of questions!

My vote is in....looking forward to seeing you rock some Candy!!

Heynow

Heynow

These are the kind of responses I really like to see and appreciate the most........ someone feels strongly enough to join the site and say hi. Both the Sweet Zombie and Orange Gasm threads are at 36K views now, so the Zombie thread has finally caught up. That's alot of views, so I know you're out there......OR........... Milson and Mad Max are clicking on the thread every 2 minutes. LOL
It's the reason I joined too. These are the greatest "real world", honest reviews of techniques and equipment. I read these threads daily lol

sshz

sshz

There's a guy on growdiaries.com that grew out 5 of these, here's his thread..........

He averaged 3 oz a plant and felt he could have done better. He saw 2 different pheno's.

candy store 1
Candy 2
Candy 3

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
There's a guy on growdiaries.com that grew out 5 of these, here's his thread..........

He averaged 3 oz a plant and felt he could have done better. He saw 2 different pheno's.

View attachment 1081472View attachment 1081473View attachment 1081474
I think you will blow it outta the ball park. Nice complexion on those nugs.

sshz

sshz

I also think he went with an 8 week veg and an 8 week flowering period......... I can't imagine what those would look like at 9-10 weeks flowering.

About 25% of the seeds have already opened up, I'm thinking by dinner time tomorrow these seeds will be ready to be buried. I started 30, only need 24 so I'll double plant some in case I need them.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I also think he went with an 8 week veg and an 8 week flowering period......... I can't imagine what those would look like at 9-10 weeks flowering.

About 25% of the seeds have already opened up, I'm thinking by dinner time tomorrow these seeds will be ready to be buried. I started 30, only need 24 so I'll double plant some in case I need them.
That's a much longer veg than you do, right?

Edit: i see he was under an sf-1000 for veg. Then 600w hid for flower.

He also topped. They look nice and healthy going into flower.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Im not knocking him but a 9 week veg for only 3 ounces ea is pretty bad.one plant vegged that time should b around 9 oz.but when you see it as using 600w for 15 sounds okay.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Im not knocking him but a 9 week veg for only 3 ounces ea is pretty bad.one plant vegged that time should b around 9 oz
Yeah, definitely a slow veg. Tbf, they are pretty comparable to the size sshz flips at, so it's a useful metric regardless of how he got there.

sshz

sshz

Lots of variables........ I typically go 4 weeks veg, 10 weeks flowering. But the Sweet Zombie went 5 weeks veg because they were small and i felt they needed it. There should be plenty of sativa in these to give them some height, no worries overall.

Also, the growwdiaries.com site is shakey, I've seen lots of people state some stuff that is questionable and probably untrue. Take everything with a grain of salt, unless your are watching the entire grow start to finish (like mine). Ethos states in the description the strain like to get big and tall, so his grow raised a big red flag right away. I just posted his grow for informational purposes, and not much else.

sshz

sshz

I've also been seeing people starting to use UV light to kill/ward off spider mites so i did some checking. From a reliable source:

"UV treatments had a negligible effect on survival of adult female spider mites, but killed more than 99% of larvae and nymphs, and 100% of eggs, both in a laboratory strain and a wild-type strain collected shortly before the experiments were conducted."

So you should be able to get a handle on them by just killing the eggs and babies. Males generally live about 7 days, females about 11 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom