Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

A BIG DIFFERENCE, so people say. I currently am running a Hepa floor unit by another company and it's made a nice difference in my basement. Not smell wise, but definitely dust and pollen. I expect to eventually have a unit on each floor of the house.

Those are more my concerns as well. I live in a dusty area with a air advisory 8 months out of the year. Luckily I haven't had any smell complaints.

Pondracer

Pondracer

A BIG DIFFERENCE, so people say. I currently am running a Hepa floor unit by another company and it's made a nice difference in my basement. Not smell wise, but definitely dust and pollen. I expect to eventually have a unit on each floor of the house.

The experience I have with similar units is with IQ Air (more expensive than this and Euro made) running in one of the most polluted cities on the planet. Dangerously so and this ran in our bedroom at night and out in the living area during the day. Without it we were sneezing black. Huge improvement for breathing quality but I have no idea about smells. Never thought about it.

So I got an email back from Trolmaster already and this is not bullshit. allows the lights to be ran at 115 percent with a controller.

This is quite interesting as I use a Trolmaster and the controller to run my Mammoth lights. I just got the notice for new firmware but haven't updated. I use the Trolmaster adapter thing. I run mine at 85% but they are all the way up just below the array. In the veg area there is no controller, just a timer and its at 100%. I still get these dense shrubs whether its 80% or 100%. My knob doesnt go to 11 or 115% :)
Gavita

slammedsonoma420

slammedsonoma420

SSHZ if you havent made the purchase yet. buy it on amazon. they have a 10% off coupon! i just ordered one!
thanks for all the information you share, im going to purchase an led in the near future seeing how well you have been doing.

sshz

sshz

SSHZ if you havent made the purchase yet. buy it on amazon. they have a 10% off coupon! i just ordered one!
thanks for all the information you share, im going to purchase an led in the near future seeing how well you have been doing.

The company gives you the same 10% if you sign up for their newsletter, which i did. Final cost was $563 delivered. The reason I went with the company website and not Amazon was because the company allows you to send it back if are unhappy with it plus they give you a 15% off code for the filters, which Amazon does not.

sshz

sshz

What about feeding? Because I can (or I think I can) change how much stretch I get with my mix.

Well, I give my plants more nitrogen than most people, and they still stay rather short. I do not follow any feeding schedule, preferring to just look at the plants and decide my ppm (and mix) that way. I wouldn't recommend that to others, I just have more experience than most of you. Tonight for example, my ppm was 320. So 3-4 days higher ppm between 750-825, and then 1 day flush or very low ppm.

Remember, I am feeding them "transition" fertilizer - 2-3-4 until week 6, then on to full bloom 1-4-5 until flushing. I want them green and healthy deep into flowering. My only constant is Cal/Mag, which they get until week 8 or so.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
So, after doing some extended research regarding getting control of the room and house pot smell, I have decidedly passed on the HVAC Air Scrubber with Ozone. I've just read too many negative things about it with people dealing with Asthma and breathing issues. I wanted it and was willing to spend the $900, but I'm trying to make things better, not worse.

After a lot of research, this one unit I found comes up over and over. It's a large floor unit, 28 inches high. It has an ultra rating for moving way more air (like 35% more) than any other available similar unit. This beast can clean an area of around 2400 sq. ft., if doors are left open for the air to circulate. My 1st floor area is around 1400 sq. ft., so it's overkill. Filters need to be replaced every 6 months for around $100 to be effective, but use their filters and you get a lifetime warranty. So 2 filters on 2 sides of the unit (Charcoal for smell and H13 Hepa (the best) for particles, dust, pollen, dander, etc.). It also has an ionizer, which will produce ozone at a very safe level- very very low amount. You can turn it on or off if you wish.

I know someone that knows someone that has one and he said his allergies and coughing have improved greatly. Very high reviews on Amazon, independent testing, etc. It should be here maybe by Friday, I'm hoping I like it enough to put one on each floor.

I know now you're asking already......HOW MUCH is this big boy????????
Delivered $563 with discount. White or black, the wife wanted white. So be it.

If some people don't know, the "Ozone" can actually be harmful to the human body. It is nothing but oxygen with a 3 molecule attached, and when released into the environment. That 3rd molecule detaches and reattaches to others that will accept it. As in odors, mold spores and even human tissues. The lungs are most damaged by these. Sooooo much mis information with people selling these as "air cleaners" for in home use. Will do nothing but worsen any respiratory issues like allergies and asthma.
Please no one buy them the for use in your living spaces.

sshz

sshz

The EPA has done extensive research into Ozone Air Cleaners and here are their conclusions on Ozone Generators used for cleaning the air:

Conclusions
Whether in its pure form or mixed with other chemicals, ozone can be harmful to health.

When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts of ozone can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and, throat irritation. It may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma as well as compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections.

Some studies show that ozone concentrations produced by ozone generators can exceed health standards even when one follows manufacturer’s instructions.

Many factors affect ozone concentrations including the amount of ozone produced by the machine(s), the size of the indoor space, the amount of material in the room with which ozone reacts, the outdoor ozone concentration, and the amount of ventilation. These factors make it difficult to control the ozone concentration in all circumstances.

Available scientific evidence shows that, at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone is generally ineffective in controlling indoor air pollution.

The concentration of ozone would have to greatly exceed health standards to be effective in removing most indoor air contaminants. In the process of reacting with chemicals indoors, ozone can produce other chemicals that themselves can be irritating and corrosive.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Tonight seems like a good time to announce our 3rd "Guess the Yield" contest. I'll remind everyone of the final yields from the first two Gavita LED grows- 106 oz and 103 oz but don't let those previous grows influence your guess. 24 plants total, 28 day veg and flowered until they are well done, around 9.5-10 weeks. UV-B will be added for the first time the last 2 weeks, along with mild doses of Green Planet "Massive".

The prize package this time is as follows:

1. Destiny Exotic Genetics "Mind Tricks"............... full unopened pack

2. Expert Seeds "Blueberry Glue".............. full unopened pack

3. Dr. GreenThumb "Turkish Cookies".............. last pack I own, full unopened pack

4. Ethos Genetics "Mystery Pack" of 10 freebie seeds. I listed all the strains early in this thread, it's a mix of things.

One guess each, which can be submitted starting Thursday thru midnight next Wednesday. A 10 pack of my infamous grape Gummies will be included is you are located in the USA. No changes once the guess is posted and I'll update the master list in the thread regularly. Guesses can be over the final number, just be closest in the end.

To insure there will be no ties, I am asking everyone to include a detailed guess, i.e. 104 oz and 11 grams or 101 oz and 20 grams.
Guesses can be posted in the thread or messaged to me, both will count. Anyone who wins can assign the prize to whomever they wish.

HINT: This grow looks on par to the previous grows. Ethos claims the strain is a beast yielder, but they've been far off before. I won't be guessing this time, since I've been so far off in my previous guesses.

sshz

sshz

We may have linked this before, but with UV-B coming, I'm doing a lot of reading on the subject right now. Here's Dr. B with a UV video, which is a very good starting point. Pay special attention to his comments on how tricky it is to get the dosage just right......... another words it can be detrimental to overall plant health and could retard some growth If the dose is too high.

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info on how long the plants should be exposed each day too..............

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Also, after spending some time in the darkened room tonight- 2 plants, one on each side of the room- really stood out in terms of resin. It jumps out at you when the green light hits it. Hard to discuss yield yet, but those are the standouts right now.

Bdmack

Bdmack

The EPA has done extensive research into Ozone Air Cleaners and here are their conclusions on Ozone Generators used for cleaning the air:

Conclusions
Whether in its pure form or mixed with other chemicals, ozone can be harmful to health.

When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts of ozone can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and, throat irritation. It may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma as well as compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections.

Some studies show that ozone concentrations produced by ozone generators can exceed health standards even when one follows manufacturer’s instructions.

Many factors affect ozone concentrations including the amount of ozone produced by the machine(s), the size of the indoor space, the amount of material in the room with which ozone reacts, the outdoor ozone concentration, and the amount of ventilation. These factors make it difficult to control the ozone concentration in all circumstances.

Available scientific evidence shows that, at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone is generally ineffective in controlling indoor air pollution.

The concentration of ozone would have to greatly exceed health standards to be effective in removing most indoor air contaminants. In the process of reacting with chemicals indoors, ozone can produce other chemicals that themselves can be irritating and corrosive.
I'm surprised they are able to offer an ozone system for home use given the above info from the EPA.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

...it can be detrimental to overall plant health and could retard some growth If the dose is too high.

I can vouch for that!

I got some t5 tubes that I think were actually meant for a tanning bed. I have since gone back to 12% UVB "lizard lights," after frying them mercilessly the first time out. Plants seem unconcerned about lizard lights.

sshz

sshz

I will be erring on the low dose side initially, as I don’t want to grow healthy plants for 100+ days only to fry them the last 2 weeks.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I can vouch for that!

I got some t5 tubes that I think were actually meant for a tanning bed. I have since gone back to 12% UVB "lizard lights," after frying them mercilessly the first time out. Plants seem unconcerned about lizard lights.
You can make the plants concerned about a lizard.light in my experience....but it has to be literally a couple inches away for several days.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I just looked at them. They're AgroMax Pure UV t5 tubes, 75% UVB/25% UVA. No way anyone tested them on reefer before labelling them and sending them to retailers. They have to be on the ceiling of the tent and only on for about 30 minutes a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom