Everything you need to start a legal Warehouse grow in CA?

• Thread starter Surfandgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grayarea

grayarea

do u guys all hang out together ? lol like do the collectors and investors and you all get along when you have to spend time communicating to each other ? or do they all just communicate to each other thru you ? never had an investors b4.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

@grayarea I have a liaison, aka my buddy the Lawyer who deals with the investors. I have another buddy who is the head grower for a large collective and is my middle man between them. My lawyer coordinates with the investors and lets me know whats up. I coordinate with my buddy at the collective and he talks to his bosses and they talk to their attorneys. Nobody really want to meet anybody they just want to work it all out with paperwork and attorneys. This way you never know whos involved with what. Some of my investors are prominent people that dont want to tarnish their reputation with a marijuana grow. @DO IT ill still post some pics when I get a chance for you.

This is my biggest problem with these sites: We come together as a community of enlightened individuals to share our knowledge with each other, have fun and continue the spread of non copyrighted information so that we can improve our society, our growing techniques and better our lives. This world is full of people who take others for granted, dont share and promote death, hatred, and corruption. We have the opportunity here on the farm to establish a network of people in the industry that we may one day benefit from each other. Who knows where we will be in 2 years or even 5 and if you want to be a part of a growing industry then I would not be burning any bridges. We should be meeting up and having meetings about the future, establishing contacts, seeing if we like each other in person and trying to deepen our understanding of our industry. I will share my knowledge with anyone who asks. I will continue to grow as a person and a grower. I started with one little plant in a 5 gallon container in high school to 18 out door plants in the ground in college. Then two light in a room to 10 lights in a house to 32 lights in a warehouse. I have a lot to learn and I will always have a lot to learn. I am an artist, a business man, a surfer, a JEW and a farmer and I will continue on my path as long as I am not locked up. When I have questions for my fellow brothers I expect to be taken seriously as my questions directly affect the outcome of my life. By telling me, Im biting off more then I can chew does nothing to promote homeostasis. When Amgen was started in a garage do you think they told him he biting off more then he can chew? What about Thomas Edison or Nikolai Tesla? What if they had listened to the Neigh Sayers? You dont know a god damn thing about me. Who I am, where I came from, what my life is like or how much knowledge I have on any given subject. Ive been locked up for growing weed and Im back. Like a 5 year old on Christmas day your attention wanders fast from one of your own impulses or thoughts to another. If you read the post again you will see that your are asking me questions I have already answered and addressed issues that keep being brought up. Im just interested in the facts. You all started small and either stayed small or made it big. Why is there so much desire to see your fellow human fail? Where did your compassion and empathy go? Have you been growing and failing or getting fucked over enough times to be so jaded? Why even be on the farm if negativity is what your going to spread. I get enough negativity from the world I live in outside of my domicile, I sure as hell dont need it here in my house. If you dont have anything constructive to say please dont comment. This holds true for your everyday life. If you want to be a member of a group of people who care about the political and physical environment and have access to the collimation of decades of grower tested information then stay on this site and continue to share. Or get the hell off and and enjoy being miserable somewhere else. Im here to help!

I will be a player in this game, I will grow in my abilities and one day I might be in a position to hire or fire you or recommend you to a potential investor. I remember all who cross my path and I give paybacks where they are deserved or earned. I am a generous person but I will not tolerate insubordination. I will climb this ladder and I will make my mark I will remember who helped and who did not. I hope that after reading this all of you will remember why we are all here, to help each other become better growers. Thank you.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I also would like to see pics of any of your current or past grows. Do you have any you can put up for reference?

grayarea

grayarea

@grayarea I have a liaison, aka my buddy the Lawyer who deals with the investors. I have another buddy who is the head grower for a large collective and is my middle man between them. My lawyer coordinates with the investors and lets me know whats up. I coordinate with my buddy at the collective and he talks to his bosses and they talk to their attorneys. Nobody really want to meet anybody they just want to work it all out with paperwork and attorneys. This way you never know whos involved with what. Some of my investors are prominent people that dont want to tarnish their reputation with a marijuana grow. @DO IT ill still post some pics when I get a chance for you.

This is my biggest problem with these sites: We come together as a community of enlightened individuals to share our knowledge with each other, have fun and continue the spread of non copyrighted information so that we can improve our society, our growing techniques and better our lives. This world is full of people who take others for granted, dont share and promote death, hatred, and corruption. We have the opportunity here on the farm to establish a network of people in the industry that we may one day benefit from each other. Who knows where we will be in 2 years or even 5 and if you want to be a part of a growing industry then I would not be burning any bridges. We should be meeting up and having meetings about the future, establishing contacts, seeing if we like each other in person and trying to deepen our understanding of our industry. I will share my knowledge with anyone who asks. I will continue to grow as a person and a grower. I started with one little plant in a 5 gallon container in high school to 18 out door plants in the ground in college. Then two light in a room to 10 lights in a house to 32 lights in a warehouse. I have a lot to learn and I will always have a lot to learn. I am an artist, a business man, a surfer, a JEW and a farmer and I will continue on my path as long as I am not locked up. When I have questions for my fellow brothers I expect to be taken seriously as my questions directly affect the outcome of my life. By telling me, Im biting off more then I can chew does nothing to promote homeostasis. When Amgen was started in a garage do you think they told him he biting off more then he can chew? What about Thomas Edison or Nikolai Tesla? What if they had listened to the Neigh Sayers? You dont know a god damn thing about me. Who I am, where I came from, what my life is like or how much knowledge I have on any given subject. Ive been locked up for growing weed and Im back. Like a 5 year old on Christmas day your attention wanders fast from one of your own impulses or thoughts to another. If you read the post again you will see that your are asking me questions I have already answered and addressed issues that keep being brought up. Im just interested in the facts. You all started small and either stayed small or made it big. Why is there so much desire to see your fellow human fail? Where did your compassion and empathy go? Have you been growing and failing or getting fucked over enough times to be so jaded? Why even be on the farm if negativity is what your going to spread. I get enough negativity from the world I live in outside of my domicile, I sure as hell dont need it here in my house. If you dont have anything constructive to say please dont comment. This holds true for your everyday life. If you want to be a member of a group of people who care about the political and physical environment and have access to the collimation of decades of grower tested information then stay on this site and continue to share. Or get the hell off and and enjoy being miserable somewhere else. Im here to help!

I will be a player in this game, I will grow in my abilities and one day I might be in a position to hire or fire you or recommend you to a potential investor. I remember all who cross my path and I give paybacks where they are deserved or earned. I am a generous person but I will not tolerate insubordination. I will climb this ladder and I will make my mark I will remember who helped and who did not. I hope that after reading this all of you will remember why we are all here, to help each other become better growers. Thank you.

sounds to me like you got drafted/brainwashed by attorneys who need money. i dont like putting money into those guys pockets when i dont need to and i would not support your grow because of how you are using them as the base nutrient. nothing personal lol.. just too weird having those guys withhold information for themselves and still expecting me to be friends with them afterwards. They should only be needed for certain negotiations . when both sides can only communicate to each other thru lawyers usually that means there are personal issues between the two parties. . espically when they think mj will tarnish there reps more then the money that comes from it .

W

wstcstmonkey

I've been reading online for months on and off - and already this was a very informative thread.

Aside from all the lol from surf - I now plan on changing my 2nd grow house from 1000's to 600-gavita de due to 8' ceilings. I had half of the equipment ready for 1k horts but I guess I am making the switch due to torq/DO/caps' exp seems pretty overwhelming to point to use the newer bulbs.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Surf...
In 2 - 5 years corporations will run the cultivating game and the government will have their hands on everything.

I was recently told Washington plans to take 30% from each of the 3 areas of cannabis processing which marks the product up 90%!!!

Whose going to buy that?

Another point.. If you're actually running 32 lamps efficiently you should be doing quite well for yourself and if not why would an additional 18 change that? Seems to me you could get the collective to back your current setup, cash in on that and use your OWN money to build further. Why get tide up with someone else's 350k on a gamble? That's an easy way to make burn bridges..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@grayarea

I've been following this thread. You've been patient when people have been rough on you for the most part. I don't know a thing about the issues you're interested in, but I do agree with your general sentiments. It appears that people like you are working to legitimize cannabis, cultivation and use, which I appreciate because, frankly, I've wearied of hiding what I do as though I'm some terrible person.

And so, at this point in the conversation, I'm going to put bells on what you've posted. If someone has something helpful to say, encouraging even, go ahead and post. If all you're going to do is drop a turd in someone's Cheerios, drop it in your own and keep it to yourself.

That said, there are some important questions being asked and points being made. Thread's staying open for now, with no revisions, but please folks, let's keep it helpful and friendly. You can snicker and make fun offline.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

Ive stated previously that the 32 light setup is not my own but one that I consult for. Not my setup not my cash crop. I get paid a consulting fee and thats it. It is already backed by a co-op. This new grow will be mine and all mine. I will not be commenting on this thread any further. @Capulator I will send you pics personally as I have respect for your quest for knowledge and your superior product. All predictions into the future are hearsay. If you know what the future holds then you are in the wrong biz. What works or doesnt from one state to the next is irrelevant as it seems each state is trying their own take on legalization. @grayarea not sure how old you are or what bubble you live in but the world is run with lawyers. Lawyers are in all aspects of your life. You dont see them but they are always there. My lawyer is a close personal friend. If your not using a lawyer when you do biz then you are hurting yourself more then you will ever know.

Im out and this will be the last I ever mention on here about a warehouse grow. Haters hate. Weed doesnt give you tits its your sedentary lifestyle, get off your ass and go work out. Stop growing weed in a tent your moms basement and driving down the price per # at the dispensary. Your b grade shit is messing up our industry.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I answered questions you asked...gave ya all kinds of insight.

I only grow the dank, 26.6% via steep hill labs...and I ain't in my moms basement!

grayarea

grayarea

@grayarea not sure how old you are or what bubble you live in but the world is run with lawyers. Lawyers are in all aspects of your life. You dont see them but they are always there. My lawyer is a close personal friend. If your not using a lawyer when you do biz then you are hurting yourself more then you will ever know.

What does your lawyer have to say about the statistics on mixing close personal friends with business and what happens to/with the business when the friendship ends and the business continues :greedy:

u kinda only hurt yourself by telling me im hurting myself for not wanting to attach myself to that trend :D trying to be mysterious about it at the same time is not cool :mask: that's like what the opposite of forums are for .

lawyers are easy for me to see and to get in touch with .

DO IT

DO IT

Surf don't get your panties in a bunch it's just you come off like you don't have a clue and you want your first grow to be massive. It's not the little guy in mom's basement messing the game up. It's actually guys like me because I am a commercial grower. I have the Chinese mentality with is produce the most for the least amount. I'm not looking for that killer cut of OG that gives the most potent little nugs. I'm looking for that monster cut that produces the most weight at the end of the day. I started when I was a young kid on my mom's roof with a few seeds I picked out of a bag of reggs. It didn't go so well because a few weeks after they sprouted I got the bright idea the give them what my mom had in the shed for fwrtilizer.... weed and feed so you know how my first grow went.

In your grow it's all depends on you the grower because you are the 1 growing the plant. If you don't mind having crazy numbers of plants go with tables and 600's. If you really don't feel like being on that mission in a large grow get 1k's and go with the small plant count like I do. I have 40k in bloom and if I were to do let's say 33 plants per light I would have to have 640 babies ready to flower evert 30 days. That's a lot of work ,alot of mom's,alot of cloning machines and more WORK for me the grower. I run 1 machine right now with120 sites and only pick 42 cuts to go into my veg room. The rest get trashed and out of the42 only 40 make it to flower. So the 2 runts are either made to moms

Last edited:
DO IT

DO IT

Made into mom's or trashed also.

So you have to choose what style is best for you and what suits your needs. If you want to know what it's going to cost no 1 here can predict that just know it will be very expensive. Here are a few pic's of 1 of my spots. First is veg room then bloom rooms which are 30 days apart on a flip so one is off and one is on allways.

Good luck on your commercial

IMG 20140720 122225
IMG 20140720 122150
IMG 20140720 121946
cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
billy boat I respect ya. but IMO that post is a dick measuring contest. congrats on the report .no doubt you grow dank. but where in this thread does this post inform anyone.

I for one enjoy this thread. Ive been on these boards for to long and have developed a thick skin for the most part. but I like this site and welcome the varying opinions. the good and the bad. farmer isnt know to sugar coat shit AND i RESPECT THAT.

Dont ditch this thread. lots of good info here once you get past the clit measuring contest.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Weed doesnt give you tits its your sedentary lifestyle, get off your ass and go work out. Stop growing weed in a tent your moms basement and driving down the price per # at the dispensary. Your b grade shit is messing up our industry.

@cannapits this is why I posted that...

A) in the 5-6 times I've replied I've give an answer to a question that was asked, and proposed even more scenarios...gave a cost break down twice...
B) I've given support and criticism in areas that I thought needed said action, and called questions to the ones that didn't make sense...
C) I'm not a lazy grower, I don't grow in my moms basement and I don't grow b meds.

I'm always down to help others out and I'll give info where ever I can, but I'm not one to fill anyone's head with illusions of grandeur.

Not trying to have a pissing contest, I just know When I was new to this industry I would listen to the advice of the person producing the most top shlf meds I knew.

Cheers!

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter

A) in the 5-6 times I've replied I've give an answer to a question that was asked, and proposed even more scenarios...gave a cost break down twice...
B) I've given support and criticism in areas that I thought needed said action, and called questions to the ones that didn't make sense...
C) I'm not a lazy grower, I don't grow in my moms basement and I don't grow b meds.

I'm always down to help others out and I'll give info where ever I can, but I'm not one to fill anyone's head with illusions of grandeur.

Not trying to have a pissing contest, I just know When I was new to this industry I would listen to the advice of the person producing the most top shlf meds I knew.

Cheers!

Cheers!

thanks for providing examples of your defense. in that case i get where you are coming from. best wishes and much respect.

IMHO. lets let this thread mature. lets give surf a platform to keep us posted on how he unfolds his progess. really is good info to this thread.

grayarea

grayarea

main question the op should be asking himself is what % of his pay check does he want to reinvest into growing and @ what point is he going to retire and spend the money on stuff besides growing more plants . single people are way less expensive and time consuming to take care of then grow ops involving lawyers.

Top Bottom