Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I appreciate you being an asshole........... and here's my thoughts. I've used CO2 in the past with excellent results. My main concern then and now is the rate of growth increased so much, it was almost too difficult to keep up with. After the Orange Gasm grow, with such leaf growth throughout the grow, I was thinking that adding CO2 would have made it a ridiculous grow to manage. This grow, with the Sweet Zombie, probably could have benefited from the addition.

I have negative pressure in the room, and it's pulling in a lot of fresh air throughout the on light period. To pick up a couple hundred ppm of CO2 would help, but in my mind- not enough to make the effort (just yet) to include it.

We know I can pull over 100 oz with a sativa in the room, if I get anywhere near that with the indica- the CO2 question will be put to rest for good. If it falls way short, I'll have to consider it again moving forward.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I appreciate you being an asshole........... and here's my thoughts. I've used CO2 in the past with excellent results. My main concern then and now is the rate of growth increased so much, it was almost too difficult to keep up with. After the Orange Gasm grow, with such leaf growth throughout the grow, I was thinking that adding CO2 would have made it a ridiculous grow to manage. This grow, with the Sweet Zombie, probably could have benefited from the addition.

I have negative pressure in the room, and it's pulling in a lot of fresh air throughout the on light period. To pick up a couple hundred ppm of CO2 would help, but in my mind- not enough to make the effort (just yet) to include it.

We know I can pull over 100 oz with a sativa in the room, if I get anywhere near that with the indica- the CO2 question will be put to rest for good. If it falls way short, I'll have to consider it again moving forward.
Yeah I hear ya on the growth rates and work. Its a pita.

sshz

sshz

I've been thinking about the next crop after this one, I've mentioned "Bebop" was planned next to go. Lots of sativa in this one too, and some of the same genetics as in the Orange Gasm. But with everyone running sales right now, I was looking at some other feminized Irie Seeds and saw this:

Michelangelo
(Platinum Tangie X Blueberry Cookies)

Michelangelo is an easy plant to grow indoors, outdoors or in greenhouse environments. She produces stout, sturdy plants with tight inter-nodal spacing and strong branching. She handles stress and abuse very well and recovers quickly from mistakes and problems. Michelangelo grows well topped and spread out into a bush or into a trellis. Be prepared for intense orange candy aromas and a delightful head high.

Flowering Time: 56-63 Days
Yield: Heavy Harvests
Potency: 25-30% THC-A
Effects: Mellow Head Buzz, Chill, Relaxed, Calm, Social and Friendly
Flavors and Aromas: Sour Oranges and Sweet Tarts

Available in feminized seeds only

So this one has that Platinum Tangie in it too, which I've come to believe were the better pheno's in the Orange Gasm. So I was going to buy 4 packs and let the Bebop and Michelangelo fight it out for next time. Irie only sells seeds at 4 places, and they were out of stock everywhere. I contacted my buddy at Golden Ticket Seed Bank and he's going to try and weasel 4 or 5 packs from Rasta Jeff. I'll keep you posted............

Cracken

Cracken

by adding CO2 you can shorten your veg time. if I recall correctly you went an extra 2 weeks because the plants were not large enough to your liking. The plant will grow faster allowing you to flip to flower sooner. there is a balance between light absorption and CO2 up take. If the light is too intense it throws off the balance and slows growth. similar to a car engine that has too much air flow and not enough fuel, it will choke out.
I am sure you have been reading about this lately and since, seen the light. lol
sshz, I am sure you have watched both, but I am trying to share the information for others who might have not doven deep into the light effect on plants and focused on the plant food and growing medium. i am a mechanical minded person so this is my jam. ok, back to bed for me. my alarm sounds in 1 hour to go to work.

sshz

sshz

Good stuff, no matter how many times I see it.......... No doubt there would be some improvements with CO2. But is gaining 12-16 oz in the end and shortening veg by a week worth having to deal with putting CO2 in the room and all that comes with that????? You hardcore guys will undoubtedly say yes.......... me, K.I.S.S.

Moshmen

Moshmen

She's Irish and she'd do a freak dance if I did that without her approval......... that's just not the way it works around here. We've been together 35 years, married for 33+. And if I piss her off, sex (or what's left of it) would disappear. Remember, happy wife, happy life.
27 years on halloween so I know what ur sayin! Lol - although I still got the sex part goin , knock on wood .

Oldman13

Oldman13

You can convert lux to ppfd but its not absolutely accurate. I can see if someone has done the conversions on them just for info. I mean I know your new to LED but IMHO this was just a hiccup and doubt you need a meter to tell ya what to do.

And ill take this opportunity to try and sell ya on co2 😁. I know I can be an asshole.
LOL, if yo lips are a flapping they're a cracking. Big kowabunga, Surf's Up:-)

Oldman13

Oldman13

LOL, if yo lips are a flapping they're a cracking. Big kowabunga, Surf's Up:-)
I have been wondering how well CO2 would help my heat index I have read that plants can handle a lot more heat in a CO2. System?! I guess the question would be how much does it cost to get a CO2 system up and running and then how much CO2 can a human handle in a small 8 foot by 10 foot by 8 foot tall room? After all sometimes I do have to spend a considerable amount of time in the Bud room and veggie room with 15 or more women at a time, wiring and stretching their limbs to accommodate T5 2 foot canopy penetration but I'm definitely having heat index problem and they get very demanding at times.. But That's Amore:-) :-)

Oldman13

Oldman13

I have been wondering how well CO2 would help my heat index I have read that plants can handle a lot more heat in a CO2. System?! I guess the question would be how much does it cost to get a CO2 system up and running and then how much CO2 can a human handle in a small 8 foot by 10 foot by 8 foot tall room? After all sometimes I do have to spend a considerable amount of time in the Bud room and veggie room with 15 or more women at a time, wiring and stretching their limbs to accommodate T5 2 foot canopy penetration but I'm definitely having heat index problem and they get very demanding at times.. But That's Amore:-) :-)
I have a very large basement but go to my cat's I had to start closing the entry door and I don't get a lot of fresh air in it anymore I did create a dehumidifier in the basement which dried it out and stopped the black mold from growing on my soft water equipment an RO fairly recently installed Ro an iron extraction system! So now my humidity drops from 85% to around 52% was 85 but inside the 2 grow rooms it stays a little bit higher , and from what I read if you can keep her humidity is 50% or lower for at least a week mold spores die off yo and can't grow at 50%... So I guess that ends the idea of growing mescaline/magic mushrooms LOL although I haven't read much on mushrooms specifically but they are a fungus if I'm not mistaken.

Dopey28

Dopey28

You can convert lux to ppfd but its not absolutely accurate. I can see if someone has done the conversions on them just for info. I mean I know your new to LED but IMHO this was just a hiccup and doubt you need a meter to tell ya what to do.

And ill take this opportunity to try and sell ya on co2 😁. I know I can be an asshole.

Migro recently did this with comparing results between a 30$ Lux meter and his par meter under different spectrums

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I run a 10x7 room sealed and varying co2 ppm depending on stage of growth. Peak co2 at 1200ppm with 20lb tank, regulator, controller and line i would say it cost me about $500CAD. But I did get the controller on sale. Co2 will help both heat and dry environments. I find it makes a fairly significant difference for both and especially growth rates.

sshz

sshz

So this coming Tuesday at 5 weeks done flowering, I'm going to post some pic's of other rooms compared to the current one. When you compare a large single main cola plant with just a few side branches, vs a topped plant pruned down to 8-16 branches vs. a plant grown under these lights (and not topped) with 22-28 branches- it's all kind of making sense to me now.

The buds right now are behind compared to my last grow, but the plants are expending their energy on way more branches so you can assume they'd be smaller. I also think I may have stunted them a bit by removing too many leaves this time but I'm not positive of that fact.

Either way, at week 7- I think I'm going to RAISE my guess from 92 oz yield, so I'm feeling pretty confident at this point things are on track..........

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

So this coming Tuesday at 5 weeks done flowering, I'm going to post some pic's of other rooms compared to the current one. When you compare a large single main cola plant with just a few side branches, vs a topped plant pruned down to 8-16 branches vs. a plant grown under these lights (and not topped) with 22-28 branches- it's all kind of making sense to me now.

The buds right now are behind compared to my last grow, but the plants are expending their energy on way more branches so you can assume they'd be smaller. I also think I may have stunted them a bit by removing too many leaves this time but I'm not positive of that fact.

Either way, at week 7- I think I'm going to RAISE my guess from 92 oz yield, so I'm feeling pretty confident at this point things are on track..........

It’s been a joy watching your confidence in this grow waver, drop and then return throughout these first weeks of flower

By the way, I got your package! Can’t thank you enough, plus everyone in the household tried one of the extra presents you included and we all loved them 😁 tasty too! The citrusy kick is much better than my first attempt that I’ve been going through. Drove one over to my dad as well.

EDIT: was Orange Gasm used to make these?? Got my grow partner considering getting some of those beans now because he enjoyed the gummy so much

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Glad you got everything Mah.........so you know, I actually CUT ALL THE GUMMIES I SENT IN HALF....... LOL I was worried that you'd take a whole one and freak out, as some people don't manage these well. So if 1 of those is not strong enough, you can always take another half. I remade more last night and actually went to a smaller size mold, which after sampling last night- was perfect. And be sure to let us know how that pH pen is working out!

Yes, Orange Gasm was the only strain I had on hand and it was used for the gummies. I'm actually thinking about buying more of the Orange Gasm seeds too, for a crop down the road (while they are still available). I'm not a sativa lover, and I have to rely on others opinions- but people love this strain, it yields really well, was easy to grow and smelled/tasted great. It's very "sour", at least the Platinum Tangie pheno's, very interesting stuff for you connoisseurs.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

I personally took one of the whole slices and it was very pleasant! My grow partner is much more sensitive to getting over-high and uncomfortable, and he started with half of one, then took the other half a few hours later. He was VERY stoned but comfortable, which is what has him interested in the strain now. I may try two of them tonight and see what I’m in for.

When I followed your recipe, I overcooked and ended up with only about 15 MASSIVE, thick, dense pucks. Gonna do another run with my remaining oil soon and see if I can do better

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Now look at the price.. but outa stock. Really disappointed i called every day and sent like 3 emails with no response. Well guess I'm sticking to my HLG.

link you sent me has not changed.

but i like the split your 4 board lamp into 2 2 boards idea we were talking about. Im thinking maybe 4 100-125 watt 288 boards spread out a bit might be the answer to my low ceilings. Those dont even require heat sinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom