F**k my life, what in the weird spots is going on here?

• Thread starter BirdLaw86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Thank you guys for the intelligent debating of knowledge. All of this is informative and honestly has brought a few solutions to mind and one into action already. After learning about some orgabic soapy insecticides, and then you guys mentioning neem, I read into some stuff and found out the fatty acids in soaps kill softbody pests minutes after contact, and neem works as its ingested by the bugs when they eat plants sprayed with neem. In conclusion, I added 1ml of organic baby soap containing sunflower seed oil oat and barley oil etc, and added legit a half ML of neem to half a liter of water and sprayed tops bottoms to cover entire canopy and then a light mist of the top soil to kill any knocked off by the spray. Being that I pay attention EVERY DAY, I likely caught it early and keeping in mind that there are 2 ways this mix will help to eliminate, Im going to spray again In 4 days and Ill repeat if need be but their life cycle is only a month so If it is needed, it shouldnt be too long before their dealt with.

stltoed

stltoed

Thank you guys for the intelligent debating of knowledge. All of this is informative and honestly has brought a few solutions to mind and one into action already. After learning about some orgabic soapy insecticides, and then you guys mentioning neem, I read into some stuff and found out the fatty acids in soaps kill softbody pests minutes after contact, and neem works as its ingested by the bugs when they eat plants sprayed with neem. In conclusion, I added 1ml of organic baby soap containing sunflower seed oil oat and barley oil etc, and added legit a half ML of neem to half a liter of water and sprayed tops bottoms to cover entire canopy and then a light mist of the top soil to kill any knocked off by the spray. Being that I pay attention EVERY DAY, I likely caught it early and keeping in mind that there are 2 ways this mix will help to eliminate, Im going to spray again In 4 days and Ill repeat if need be but their life cycle is only a month so If it is needed, it shouldnt be too long before their dealt with.
Very good! I like the way you think. There are a lot of insecticides that state you can use them right up to harvest. I don't buy it. Be careful about foliar, any foliar, within a month of harvest. Sometimes if your close enough to the end manual abatement and letting the flowers finish is a better option. You can always wash your buds (and should anyway) before drying them. Good luck bro!

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

It absolutely will... again, its where mildew starts
I do know what you mean brother.it can b avoided but if you dont know what your doing things can go south pretty quickly..ive never had it but ive had that dreadfull mold caused by human error..plug came out of socket to extraction fan .all the walls were dripping water on the floor ...lol.

Last edited:
stltoed

stltoed

I do know what you mean brother.it can b avoided but if you dont know what your doing things can go south pretty quickly..ive never had it but ive had that dreadfull mold caused by human error..
Mildew sucks but botrytis has no cure
I just had it on 2 outdoor plants I through away the plant the soil and the pot. Your flowers turn into a fuzzy snot from the inside out. It's bad news, and longer you get it, it's easier to get it again. I have a light that will destroy spores, which might help, but no cure.

This is why I spray with lights on.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

An excellent choice is an organic spray called Trifecta. It addresses most all problems. It is gentle enough to be used on your flowers with the lights on. Label suggests that it be done first thing after lights on or just before lights out. It does say not to use this in your last two weeks of flower. I love the stuff! Smells like a Greek salad, and has effectively eliminated any pest or mold prob I have dealt with. This can be bought on Amazon. Fresh air exchanges heat control and daily inspections are the key. Good luck!

Reactions: TSD
stltoed

stltoed

An excellent choice is an organic spray called Trifecta. It addresses most all problems. It is gentle enough to be used on your flowers with the lights on. Label suggests that it be done first thing after lights on or just before lights out. It does say not to use this in your last two weeks of flower. I love the stuff! Smells like a Greek salad, and has effectively eliminated any pest or mold prob I have dealt with. This can be bought on Amazon. Fresh air exchanges heat control and daily inspections are the key. Good luck!
I do love a good Greek salad!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

The mention of mildew etc has me taking another growers advice given to me 2 days ago saying to defoliate to maximize air flow.
That other growers advice was spot on. I do this at least once a week. A fresh air exchange and humidity control will assure you a good take. Nothing worse on an indoor grow that excessive foilage no air flow and too much moisture. Powdery mildew is the devil! I scalped my ladies this morning and they are much the better for doing so. I like to see through my canopy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just gonna say the botryis fungal and mold arguments aren't really and issue with spraying.

I think the fastest of them takes a minimum of 12hrs of an actual water film to germ and spores present.

PM Take favorable conditions for days before infection.

IMO spraying just before lights out is ideal or a few hrs before lights on. High intensity lights can cause burns from water droplets.

Just a lil part I went and picked out from some reading a few months back.

Diseased samples with B. cinerea were recovered most frequently during September–February, months represented by cooler night temperatures and wet or humid daytime conditions, both of which are known to favour infection by B. cinerea on other crops (Jarvis 1962; Bika et al. 2021

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Neem smells awful...
I one hundred percent agree! I have a friend that uses that stuff to excess. Even after washing I can taste it in her product. Her excuse? It’s organic, my answer.. so is arsenic!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I one hundred percent agree! I have a friend that uses that stuff to excess. Even after washing I can taste it in her product. Her excuse? It’s organic, my answer.. so is arsenic!
💯 I have reconsidered poking the bear. Don't wanna upset the church of organics with my pen and teller again.

Lmao but you know I love all you organic guys. Even if I don't support your religion 😉

stltoed

stltoed

Just gonna say the botryis fungal and mold arguments aren't really and issue with spraying.

I think the fastest of them takes a minimum of 12hrs of an actual water film to germ and spores present.

PM Take favorable conditions for days before infection.

IMO spraying just before lights out is ideal or a few hrs before lights on. High intensity lights can cause burns from water droplets.

Just a lil part I went and picked out from some reading a few months back.

Diseased samples with B. cinerea were recovered most frequently during September–February, months represented by cooler night temperatures and wet or humid daytime conditions, both of which are known to favour infection by B. cinerea on other crops (Jarvis 1962; Bika et al. 2021
Droplet don't cause burning... think about it... how could they underwater. It's a wildly popular theory, not just in pot farming but crops like a front lawn. In California we get fliers in the mail to talk about watering lawns at night, not from burning but because it's easier with evaporation. I've always sprayed with lights on and never seen any sort of burn.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

💯 I have reconsidered poking the bear. Don't wanna upset the church of organics with my pen and teller again.

Lmao but you know I love all you organic guys. Even if I don't support your religion 😉
This ole bear gets poked all the time. I consider it the poke and pain of knowledge. Yup I’m in the cult lol but my flowers grown in a living soil...taste so darn good! Thirty five years of experimental taste testing.. and I still love dessert!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Droplet don't cause burning... think about it... how could they underwater. It's a wildly popular theory, not just in pot farming but crops like a front lawn. In California we get fliers in the mail to talk about watering lawns at night, not from burning but because it's easier with evaporation. I've always sprayed with lights on and never seen any sort of burn.
You every see light bleaching? Light burn... not necessarily heat if that's what you mean.

Now you see the shape of a droplet right? It can focus the light.... just like burning ants with a magnifying glass. It concentrates photons in an area and CAN damage the leaf.

Just because you haven't had it happen doesn't mean it can't.
And I have thought about it.

How can you compare lawns? Think about it.
Your comparing a plant that's blades are vertical reducing light capture. On top of that sunlight has peak intensity maybe 3-4 hrs a day about 130k lux on a clear sunny day and declines fast

We can be running 45k lux for 18 hrs.

It's not even remotely comparable.

Never heard of watering at night to prevent burning. From childhood was taught for exactly that reason... evaporation

It's just best practice.

That does not mean you will get burn but the purpose is also for the leaves to absorb the sprays not evaporate the water and leave residue.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This ole bear gets poked all the time. I consider it the poke and pain of knowledge. Yup I’m in the cult lol but my flowers grown in a living soil...taste so darn good! Thirty five years of experimental taste testing.. and I still love dessert!
Haha hey if I was outdoor (and my outdoor plants do) only get organics. Synthetic is a waste of money outside

Top Bottom