First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Water is at 164mm high in the tote. I will keep an eye on that. Not sure how accurate that is.
i don't think measuring tape is a sufficient way of doing this. I like to mark a place and then watch the mark and see how much the water levels fall.
your water level should decrease which brings up your ppm, but then when you add more water to the rez your ppm will fall because of added water. The correct ppm read is after you add more water to the rez.

User59204626117

User59204626117

I measured it pretty accurately but I’ll try a mark too and see how that goes.

so I’ve got a system with 15 gallons of liquid (could hold 20-25....btw what would be a disadvantage of going to a 55gal rain barrel or other large container?)

I do 20% top ups.

so top up 3 gallons each time? For a total of 5 top ups which brings me to 15 gallons added then do an entire res change out?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I measured it pretty accurately but I’ll try a mark too and see how that goes.

so I’ve got a system with 15 gallons of liquid (could hold 20-25....btw what would be a disadvantage of going to a 55gal rain barrel or other large container?)

I do 20% top ups.

so top up 3 gallons each time? For a total of 5 top ups which brings me to 15 gallons added then do an entire res change out?
oh okay, thats a new information. So, you have been topping up water to the rez?
you don't need to go to bigger barrels as your plants are in a 5 gallon pails.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Sorry I worded that wrong. I havnt done any top ups yet. But when I do. Is that how it goes?

the guy was gonna sell me hydroguard and I noticed it was enzymes. I said I have enzyme komplete and he said I won’t need hydroguard then.

the enzyme komplete did seem to get rid of the film on my res walls after a few days... I think it was the EK that did it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry I worded that wrong. I havnt done any top ups yet. But when I do. Is that how it goes?

the guy was gonna sell me hydroguard and I noticed it was enzymes. I said I have enzyme komplete and he said I won’t need hydroguard then.

the enzyme komplete did seem to get rid of the film on my res walls after a few days... I think it was the EK that did it.
Guy is an idiot... hydrogaurd is a bacteria... bacillus amyloliquefaciens. Ezymes are not the same. Bacteria produce enzymes that break down certain nutrients and organics the bacteria themselves eat the waste product. And that specific strain of bacteria specifically kills many type of pathogens including root rot (typically pythium).

Tldr: they are not the same. Especially when trying to cure a root infection

PK1

PK1

Supporter

ok, so ya, mark a place and when the water level drop then fill it with your tap water. I believe you said your tap water ph is at 7.04
when you fill it up calculate how much water you have to add. also, change your rez water every week. i know it seems like waste of nutrients, but it saves you from other problems

Guy is an idiot... hydrogaurd is a bacteria... bacillus amyloliquefaciens. Ezymes are not the same. Bacteria produce enzymes that break down certain nutrients and organics the bacteria themselves eat the waste product. And that specific strain of bacteria specifically kills many type of pathogens including root rot (typically pythium).

Tldr: they are not the same. Especially when trying to cure a root infection
i was waiting for it hahaha!

Top Bottom