First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok how much water is in the system? 15 gals of actual water if so once you add back 15 gal of top ups then you do a complete changeout

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You can't find it in Canada. I had a friend send me up some from the US. Double nickel I think you can find and is approved in Canada. Be cautious of expiry dates on all these products they have a 2 yr shelf life and 6 months after opening

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Sorry I worded that wrong. I havnt done any top ups yet. But when I do. Is that how it goes?

the guy was gonna sell me hydroguard and I noticed it was enzymes. I said I have enzyme komplete and he said I won’t need hydroguard then.

the enzyme komplete did seem to get rid of the film on my res walls after a few days... I think it was the EK that did it.
For what it's worth I followed advice and "broscience" for my last grow and even though I made it to harvest results were less than ideal. In all honesty I feel I would've had much better results if I had found this forum sooner. I, like you, jumped into hydro with out so much as dipping a toe in the water first and had a series of hiccups but the guys here at the farm are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I would take their advice over some dipshit hydro store employees...
You have to keep in mind they have other motives such as sales numbers and goals they have to meet. The guys here have one goal it seems, to help you grow healthy plants and enjoy yourself while doing so. Had the dope at the hydro store tell me I didn't need hydroguard or southern ag, just needed hygrozyme. As I had already been schooled by a few fellow farmers I knew he was talking out of his ass.
Stick with the farm and their advice pal, you'll be ok👍

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

You can't find it in Canada. I had a friend send me up some from the US. Double nickel I think you can find and is approved in Canada. Be cautious of expiry dates on all these products they have a 2 yr shelf life and 6 months after opening
Do you guys have a lot of shipping restrictions or is it due to what is being shipped?

User59204626117

User59204626117

Yeah I agree. The guy at the grow store definitely steered me wrong or maybe I fed him bad info.

I will look into getting hydroguard and a digital temp gun too. I think that’s bottle #16 and electronic device #7 just to grow a plant now hahaha. Fuck me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I agree. The guy at the grow store definitely steered me wrong or maybe I fed him bad info.

I will look into getting hydroguard and a digital temp gun too. I think that’s bottle #16 and electronic device #7 just to grow a plant now hahaha. Fuck me.
Yeah your not alone bro... thats the usual for a new grower. 30+ bottles of unicorn piss and enough electronics to build an f-18.

Ph,ppm meter and a decent base nute is all thats needed. Plenty of dry fert 1 and 2 parts out there that are cheap and will last years. For now though use what ya got.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just kidding!
Omg that made me laugh so hard.

OP we are all a bunch comedians at times. But your in good hands. If this goes south and it may if im being realistic then your next go will be like a dream come true. The whole problem was the transplant.

I would normally say scrap and start over but I feel like these can be saved and so much info learned from getting these back on track that you will likely gain a years worth of experience or more just from this mishap. If you can pull this off you are miles ahead of many experienced growers that lose plant to root rot often. Its a big feat to beat this and I wouldn't even waste my time if I didn't think it was doable or you weren't capable.

We all got your back... the only thing we can't do is give you patience... trust me you want this challenge it will make you a much better grower in the end

User59204626117

User59204626117

Thanks guys.

You got me with that do meter. I was already looking the up this morning. Seemed legit.

I’ll be patient and give it a few more weeks and see what happens. I check daily for roots to finally poke out of the bottoms!

User59204626117

User59204626117

Water went down 10mm

ppm went up by 10.

these plants have made zero progress it seems. The dead leaves keep getting deader. The new growth is at a standstill. Death is slowly catching up and winning the race.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Water went down 10mm

ppm went up by 10.

these plants have made zero progress it seems. The dead leaves keep getting deader. The new growth is at a standstill. Death is slowly catching up and winning the race.
Patience... they are drinking as little as it may be. You can rip and rerun but you won't see new growth until you get roots. Thats the goal get the roots to grow. If ya want rip one and look to see if its worth continuing.

Top Bottom