First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
User59204626117

User59204626117

Its been 25 pages in less than a month....multiple times he has said it is kicking his ass or overwhelming...at this point, throwing some seeds into a $20 Miracle-Gro mix would be better...

been there, done that. already got a few soil plants going as we speak. dont need anymore soil plants. time to step it up a notch and learn something new. which im doing. slowly but surely. its not rocket science. ill figure it out.

sometimes its easier to just take the 4 seconds to re ask then to read through the first 500 posts to try and find the question I asked, which may or may not of even been answered. if youre sick of my questions, by all means, bow out of this thread, block me, stop answering, its all good. it wont bug me one bit. dont let it bug you so much.

it WAS kicking my ass and overwhelming. its not as bad anymore and ive learned a lot.

like mentioned earlier. starting with soil plants was shooting myself in the foot before the race even started.

User59204626117

User59204626117

"
Living Soil Recipe:

1 Part Organic Canadian Sphagnum Peatmoss

1 Part Premium Organic Compost

1 Part Premium Organic Aeration and Drainage (We use Rice hulls and Pumice)

Fertilizer Amendments Per Cubic Foot:

1/2 Cup Premium Organic Kelp Meal

1/2 Cup Premium Organic Neem Cake

1/2 Cup Premium Organic Crustacean Meal

Mineral Amendments Per Cubic Foot:

2 Cups Premium Natural Basalt Rock Dust

1 Cup Premium Organic Oyster Shell Flour

1 Cup Premium Organic Gypsum

Extras:

5% Charged Bio-Char (From a leading company with testing to prove it)

Small Amount ThermX15 powder or just water with ThermX70 Liquid.

"

yeah. sounds much simpler. let me just add those 13 bags of dirt and other materials to my 18 bottles of nutes ive already got. talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire here. sheesh.

Chivoson

Chivoson

been there, done that. already got a few soil plants going as we speak. dont need anymore soil plants. time to step it up a notch and learn something new. which im doing. slowly but surely. its not rocket science. ill figure it out.

if youre sick of my questions, by all means, bow out of this thread, block me, stop answering, its all good. it wont bug me one bit. dont let it bug you so much.

it WAS kicking my ass and overwhelming. its not as bad anymore and ive learned a lot.

like mentioned earlier. starting with soil plants was shooting myself in the foot before the race even started.
"
Living Soil Recipe:

1 Part Organic Canadian Sphagnum Peatmoss

1 Part Premium Organic Compost

1 Part Premium Organic Aeration and Drainage (We use Rice hulls and Pumice)

Fertilizer Amendments Per Cubic Foot:

1/2 Cup Premium Organic Kelp Meal

1/2 Cup Premium Organic Neem Cake

1/2 Cup Premium Organic Crustacean Meal

Mineral Amendments Per Cubic Foot:

2 Cups Premium Natural Basalt Rock Dust

1 Cup Premium Organic Oyster Shell Flour

1 Cup Premium Organic Gypsum

Extras:

5% Charged Bio-Char (From a leading company with testing to prove it)

Small Amount ThermX15 powder or just water with ThermX70 Liquid.

"

yeah. sounds much simpler. let me just add those 13 bags of dirt and other materials to my 18 bottles of nutes ive already got. talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire here. sheesh.

I guess I didn't consider a few things, I get how growcd can make this intense 😳. I was fortunate enough to buy a pre-made mix from a local worm casting business. It was $35 a bag which fills a 5 gallon pot and it comes loaded with microbial life. I top dress with worm casting once a month and feed them 3 times a week.
Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to beef, but I was only trying to help. It doesn't bug me that much so its all good bud 👍🏻

User59204626117

User59204626117

All good on my end too. 🤜🤛

Sorry if I came across as an asshole to anyone. No offence meant.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
$400 could get you some mad organic live soil, and lose the headache that you seem to be living....its a plant, give it a kiss approach...keep it stupid simple

Last i bought, $420 CAD bought you 1 cubic yard of Black Swallow Living Soil from Brantford, ON. It's a KIS formulation made specifically for them. Delivery is extra.

Knee surgery got in the way so my wife's handy-dandy new raised cedar bed veggie garden got most of 6 cubic yards; i have a couple of 150 gallon+ bags full to try this coming summer. Black Swallow has excellent customer support and sells the amendments and compost tea kits needed to help noobs keep their soil going from one grow to the next.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
instead of being negative about it, maybe you should understand why its 98% water
The reason for that is because the 2% that is the mixture needs to be diluted with water. I don't know how many milliliter or liter that is, but that is why it has 98% water. my enzyme is not mixed so i have to do it myself.

Maybe once he's had some experience with biofilm and microbe die-off he'll realise that less of a good thing is sometimes what you need.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Called another hydro store. Asked for hydroguard, or something with beneficial bacteria. The bacillus bacteria. He didn’t know what I was talking about so passed me onto the manager. They said they don’t have it but they have hydrogen peroxide. Which is h202. They seemed confused as well.

Said they have sensi zyme though 🙄🤦‍♀️

PK1

PK1

Supporter
just wondering why you are insisting on purchasing from your hydro stores?

User59204626117

User59204626117

I’m trying to support local for once and have it in my hands tonight. I also want an excuse to go to the city for chicken and kill a day haha.

I am in Lethbridge ab Canada.

the hydro stores in Calgary weren’t much help either and that’s a major city. Those guys should know what they’re talking about and have stuff in stock but nope. Everyone here is clueless it seems.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I’m trying to support local for once and have it in my hands tonight. I also want an excuse to go to the city for chicken and kill a day haha.

I am in Lethbridge ab Canada.

the hydro stores in Calgary weren’t much help either and that’s a major city. Those guys should know what they’re talking about and have stuff in stock but nope. Everyone here is clueless it seems.
don;t worry here too. I can sell you a litter of z9 part a and b if you want. live in vancouver bc

User59204626117

User59204626117

See now why is that a two part stuff. Not only am I confused af about this whole bacillus bacteria thing in general but now it comes in a two part mix?!?! Oh boy. I think I’m just gonna order the hygroduard off Amazon. You win.

I appreciate the offer though

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See now why is that a two part stuff. Not only am I confused af about this whole bacillus bacteria thing in general but now it comes in a two part mix?!?! Oh boy. I think I’m just gonna order the hygroduard off Amazon. You win.

I appreciate the offer though
I can send you some Southern AG fungicide for nothing. I have a feeling you will be bitter by the amazon expired hydrogaurd and not know it then get discouraged. Im in Canada and have a buddy ship it to me from the US its like $8 for more than you can use by the time it expires.

Great for soil and hydro 1ml does 20 gal

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Fair warning though it will cloud the res and does have some organics. It will also create a biofilm but its a trade off for the cost.

amekins

amekins

sometimes its easier to just take the 4 seconds to re ask then to read through the first 500 posts to try and find the question I asked, which may or may not of even been answered. if youre sick of my questions, by all means, bow out of this thread, block me, stop answering, its all good. it wont bug me one bit. dont let it bug you so much.

It doesn’t bug me in the least but it must certainly add to your frustration to have to re-ask the same question. I think it’s a reminder to each of us who are maintaining threads that we are responsible for our integration and assimilation of new information, not the reader. It’s your grow. You want to learn. It’s easier or faster to ask again? You can search your own thread. See if it was addressed. In life when you ask the same question over and over and people are answering, something isn’t getting through and that is on you to figure out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo you have to start something h2o2 and enzymes or beneficial bacteria... but waiting will only continue to create more issues and further the frustration.

If you have h2o2 and enzymes just start there. It will atleast give an improvement.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Very good points. That’s another reason I wanted to buy local when asked before. That stuff expires. I totally forgot about that.

the cloudiness of water or biofilm wouldn’t bother me. The GH nutrients already make the water diarrhea brown.

I do have h202 and enzyme komplete. I’m moving in a few days so will be re setting up the tent very soon and a new batch of res water when I’m in the new place. It’s due for new water. Could be done today but I’m all packed up already.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Despite being basically abandoned. (I think it’s low on water and around 800ppm by now. Prob 5.8ish ph. Havnt even bothered to test lately)

plants actually seem to be doing not bad. I mean they’re not dead so... not sure how that’s possible.

Still no root action. In any of them. The one that does show roots havnt gotten much bigger.

I will say.. that rapid start in the solo cup plants seems to be making significant changes to the roots shooting out of the bottom of the cup. Excited to add that to the mix next time.

I need to redo my res water by now I’m sure. Tent is also very crowded now too.

B166716D 0395 43CE 96F4 6FBD04AFD946
0B7B1ADA 03DA 4B0D 9541 99B2B1E6F0F0
Top Bottom