First Grow, CLf's

• Thread starter jagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

Im just about to switch over to terra flores too. Bio bizz wont work in my rez says my hydro guy. Gunks up and grows stuff it seems.

Who gave you the feeding schedule? Im curious about the water/feed/water/feed routine.

so you feed nutrients only every second watering?

Id so, Why?

Would it not make it more available to the plant and less likely to burn by feeding them half strength each time? I might be missing something obvious. thanks

jagle

jagle

the schedule i read about water/feed is what ive read about online and spoken with alot of people about.
i dont have a schedule, just working it up myself/
yes only nutes every second freed, gives the plant a break stops the soil becoming too hot, stops nute lock out, reduces risk of nute burn.

and no i am feeding her 100% strenght each time i feed, just the next time igive her some plain water

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

i am feeding her 100% strenght each time i feed, just the next time igive her some plain water

That's the ticket! The plain water between feedings is essential to flush out the excess nutrients the plants aren't using. This prevents toxic salt buildup in your soil.

T

theTinker

That's the ticket! The plain water between feedings is essential to flush out the excess nutrients the plants aren't using. This prevents toxic salt buildup in your soil.

jagle said:
The schedule i read about water/feed is what ive read about online and spoken with alot of people about.
i dont have a schedule, just working it up myself/
yes only nutes every second freed, gives the plant a break stops the soil becoming too hot, stops nute lock out, reduces risk of nute burn.

and no i am feeding her 100% strenght each time i feed, just the next time igive her some plain water

Thats what i figured the reasons would be,
becoming too hot - how?
stops nute lock out - if its flushed properly and not just watered, yes.
reduces risk of nute burn - isnt the opposite true? (see numbers below)

Wouldnt these reasons actually be provided if the plant had a more stable medium if it was watered with 50% nute each watering, rather than twice that every second watering, emulating cycles of overfeeding and starving?

I might be missing something here, but adding 100% nutes has twice the chance of nute burning the plant at each second watering. The time line i made out below, unless its mistaken shows at the same rates, this happens.
While 50% each watering would half this risk?

As for flushing out the salt build up. Wouldnt this only be true if they were giving a proper flush each second watering. Simply normal watering levels wouldnt do much for flushing the salts out with only a little (10%?) run off.?
Perhaps this is what you are doing? If so, let me know. A good flush is great for the plant, but i doubt you are doing that every second watering?
And if you were, and this is required, wouldnt using less nutes reduce this need?

On a time line comparison in my head.
if a plant burns at lets say anything over 140% nutes. with each watering time meaning the plant eats up 40% of the nutes given.
contains 0% - 100% watering - high of 100% - plant uses 40% = 60%
contains 60% - 0 % watering - high of 60 % - plant uses 40% = 20%.
contains 20% - 100% watering - high of 120% - plant uses 40% = 80%
contains 80% - 0 % watering - high of 80% - plant uses 40% = 40%
contains 40% - 100% watering - high of 140% BURN)-plant uses 40%=100%

contains 0% - 50% watering - high of 50% - plant uses 40% = 10%
contains 10% - 50 % watering - high of 60 % - plant uses 40% = 20%.
contains 20% - 50% watering - high of 70% - plant uses 40% =30%
contains 30% - 50% watering - high of 80% - plant uses 40% = 40%
contains 40% - 50% watering - high of 90 - plant uses 40%=50%
contains 50% - 50% watering - high of 100 - plant uses 40%=60%
contains 60% - 50% watering - high of 110 - plant uses 40%=70%
contains 70% - 50% watering - high of 120 - plant uses 40%=80%
contains 80% - 50% watering - high of 130 - plant uses 40%=90%
contains 90% - 50% watering - high of 140(BURN) - plant uses 40%=100%

Twice as long before same toxic levels are reached.

There would be other benefits too infact, the plant has twice as long to grow accustomed to the levels and may not even burn at the same level. Might develop higher tolerance.

Hope you dont mind me asking and debating this here, it just might be relevant to your grow. Ill move it to a new thread if you'd prefer.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Feel free to experiment all you want. I too learned thru trial and error. Mostly error, just like you will be if you want to debate everything.
I'd have LOVED to have this forum and the helpful advice of those who have years of experience, when I got my first seed wet. Big props to Logic for putting this ish together!
Try it your way and post photos.

jagle

jagle

sorry man, im giving normal water, with 100% strenght canna flores nutes, im letting it drip out the bottom, let the excess run off, and done.

when i water with plain water, i wait for some drips and run off, then add half again of plain water to what i just used, so im flushing with 1.5 times the feed water. sometimes ill give a bit more, but i am flushing at least some of the shit away.

if your plants have always have 50% every feed and you dont get a bad reaction keep rocking, on my next grow ill do a side by side comparrison

jagle

jagle

Hey Guys so heres some shots.

First one of the room itself.

Then loads of the Ko Kush, ive tried to capture how frost this plant is, who with just a basic digital camera it was kinda hard, think i did ok.

then just two shots of the killing fields, both girls showing lovely purple buds forming, starting to smell really nice herself too.

CIMG2495b
CIMG2496b
CIMG2497b
CIMG2498b
CIMG2500b
CIMG2503b
CIMG2504b
jagle

jagle

indeed 6-8 weeks for the ko kush, another 4 after that for the rest i should think

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Damn. Check you out jagle. I remember when you were asking mad question now your giving answers. Looking good my friend. Looks like they gonna be some frosty bitches. Time for a hps. Rock on buddy.

jagle

jagle

thanks man, ya ive come along way thanks to this forum.

gonna go hps on my next grow, planning stages at the moment, im thinking 2 250watt, over 6- 8 plants, trying to somehow make something a bit more perpetual

T

theTinker

Hey man good showing there. nicely sugared!

Are you thinking the 2*250 over the same plant area or broken into two seperate areas? (eg: veg one, and bloom the other). I have 2*600 watt at the moment. Working great. Heat is barely ok in summer so far. However winter aint a problem at all. So im thinking of upgrading one of them to a 1000 for winter time only.

Just mentioning this incase it might be feasible for you too during the colder winter months here? Only thing stopping me is my ballast is 600 hardwired. Ill have to get a new one. Maybe you can get a 400watt ballast switchable to 250? Might be worth considering.

jagle

jagle

thanks man ya i love my girsl so far.

and ya im just trying to juggle budget, weed, area at the moment.
ya iwnter temps for me are low low low, so id have to upgrade the lights/ add a heater i believe

jagle

jagle

gonna start adding molasses tonight 1 teaspoon per gallon.

hopefully they love it

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
So i feel dumb having to ask but when i am using molasses in my teas i am feeding the microbs right? The plants themselves do not actually consume the molasses do they?

jagle

jagle

So i feel dumb having to ask but when i am using molasses in my teas i am feeding the microbs right? The plants themselves do not actually consume the molasses do they?

ya but ive read that a teaspoon per gallon during flowering can be very beneficial to the plants

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
makes sense and its cheap enough so why not right. Ive been playing alot with brewin teas and the plants are lovin it. Glad to see your grow is going well im gonna put up some pics of my CFLhell now in flowering here in a little bit..i let my shit get way to big before flippin them..lol

jagle

jagle

haha ya having that problem with my killing fields, gonna tie em down to the side, allow lights get at the buds better.

Hmm ive heard alot about these teas to be honest, but havent a clue what they are, care to educate?

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
well i will do my best...Dont take my word on all this as im still learning.

I take a 5 gallon bucket and a fish tank air pump and stone.
I add 2 gallons of water and let it bubble over night in a dark area with a heating pad set to low underneath the bucket. This allows the chlorine to dissapate before you add any poop.
Next after letting this bubble overnight i add my junk
this is my recipe per 2 gallons of water. If im doing something wrong please chime in.

1 half cup Earth Worm Castings
2 table spoons bat guano with a 0-5-0 npk
2 table spoons of blackstrap unsulphered molasses
1 table spoon corn meal...dont ask me why...im not sure if this is needed or not.

I let this bubble for the next 48 hours or untill you see a froth on the surface.
That Froth means that your microbes have been activated and are ready to be feed to the plant. I was under the understanding that the molasses is what the microbes eat and the microbes are what the plant eats.. Im sure im probably wrong about most of this so if anyone else knows more on this topic i would love some input.

Top Bottom