First Grow Ever, Wish me luck!

• Thread starter 2Water
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownm30

brownm30

I must of stopped reading. Or remembering because nothing really is that serious after the words 240watt. I just saw your setup and I know ahead of time what u will have come harvest. Look I wasn't trying to bash u my man. I'm giving earnest advice. Drop plants. Let them get a little bigger vegging wise. Let that root structure developed fully. More DLI AND PPFD. On to less plants. Any grower here will probably agree with me. It takes a incredible amount of light. Usable light energy to get dense big colas. Once those 3 plants hit the flower stretch your lights won't do it for 3 or 4 or any number other than 2 or (1)

brownm30

brownm30

I must of stopped reading. Or remembering because nothing really is that serious after the words 240watt. I just saw your setup and I know ahead of time what u will have come harvest. Look I wasn't trying to bash u my man. I'm giving earnest advice. Drop plants. Let them get a little bigger vegging wise. Let that root structure developed fully. More DLI AND PPFD. On to less plants. Any grower here will probably agree with me. It takes a incredible amount of light. Usable light energy to get dense big colas. Once those 3 plants hit the flower stretch your lights won't do it for 3 or 4 or any number other than 2 or (1)
Texting on my old android is shitty and it's hard to convey intent through texting, but I wasn't bashing you. Your efforts and frustrations I get it. I do. I am shocked myself still how much light my plants are getting right now. As to what I pictured recieving when I began not very long ago. My mind has done a 180 on many subjects. Watering. Nutrition. Lights. Everything. I started with a Mars 600 and my friend. Good friend now I see, said for 5 plants. I'm like yes. He insisted I borrow his 1000watt hps bulb hood everything. He said I wouldn't be happy. I'm happy I took his advice now. I say that to say this. You won't be happy my brother with 3 on your current setup

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Texting on my old android is shitty and it's hard to convey intent through texting, but I wasn't bashing you. Your efforts and frustrations I get it. I do. I am shocked myself still how much light my plants are getting right now. As to what I pictured recieving when I began not very long ago. My mind has done a 180 on many subjects. Watering. Nutrition. Lights. Everything. I started with a Mars 600 and my friend. Good friend now I see, said for 5 plants. I'm like yes. He insisted I borrow his 1000watt hps bulb hood everything. He said I wouldn't be happy. I'm happy I took his advice now. I say that to say this. You won't be happy my brother with 3 on your current setup
I hear you and will agree that weed likes ALOT of light. That being said, if OP wants to run his grow with the gear he has let him. Your suggestion may or may not come back to bite him but you did your best and that's all that matters.

I'm running two 275 watt lights in a 5 x 5. I need more light!!!

brownm30

brownm30

I hear you and will agree that weed likes ALOT of light. That being said, if OP wants to run his grow with the gear he has let him. Your suggestion may or may not come back to bite him but you did your best and that's all that matters.

I just see myself. And I'm screaming

Wisdom..... I'll shut up. I did my best to lead to the waters edge. In 6 months he will be writing what I just did to another novice. And the beat goes on...

brownm30

brownm30

I just see myself. And I'm screaming

Wisdom..... I'll shut up. I did my best to lead to the waters edge. In 6 months he will be writing what I just did to another novice. And the beat goes on....
( if I'm being honest I also ran a blacklight) for like a week. Until I was ridiculed by my friend. The owner of my equipment. I sent him pics of my setup. His words were u don't take that stupid black light down I'm taking my shit back. U won't disrespect my equipment like that. He was only partially joking I think too. Good friends tell u when ur wrong

2Water

2Water

Thanks guys, already knew I would want more light eventually. Just don't see how telling me I don't have enough light without knowing my goals or needs seems a little dickish to me. Or knowing what the lights are putting off, I measured with the photone app, with all lights 100% I am getting 700s+ at 12 inches (admittedly I would prefer close to 1000, but I'll take wall to wall 700). From all my reading that is more than sufficient. I'm not a commercial grower, this is my first or "practice" run if you will. But really what would be my benefit long term with hps when I have to deal with heat issues in the summer. Without knowing all the variables, why try to tell me what's best? I have been researching for a long while, LED wattage is not the same as HPS wattage, for ppfd and dli should be the only concern. I know I've measured my setup, pretty sure no one else has though.

2Water

2Water

( if I'm being honest I also ran a blacklight) for like a week. Until I was ridiculed by my friend. The owner of my equipment. I sent him pics of my setup. His words were u don't take that stupid black light down I'm faking my shit back. U won't disrespect my equipment like that. He was only partially joking I think too
Nope, because trying to tell someone to buy something else after they already spent on something else is asinine. Instead I would try to work around their setup and help from there... but that's just me

brownm30

brownm30

Nope, because trying to tell someone to buy something else after they already spent on something else is asinine. Instead I would try to work around their setup and help from there... but that's just me
I didn't say to buy shit. I said take all that light equipment u wrote about. Put it on 2 plants. Toss out the weakest one and keep 2 that are the strongest and give them the love. What I didn't say is why. As soon as he goes to flower w 3 plants gonna be big volume. More than that lights will cover with enough dli hitting it

brownm30

brownm30

I said remove the blacklight and drop to 2 plants but I guess you feel that is a poor decision. You probably know what ur doing so ill concied

2Water

2Water

Your donuts for dollars bet sounded like you were. Also, I am running the blacklight for terpene development, once again, I have read, watched lectures from Dr Bugbee, and all that. So if I have a plan, has is it helpful to just say "take it down because my buddy told me too" anecdotal bs.

You could have asked me what drove me to my decisions and we could have conversated from there, but you came off as a dick

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thanks guys, already knew I would want more light eventually. Just don't see how telling me I don't have enough light without knowing my goals or needs seems a little dickish to me. Or knowing what the lights are putting off, I measured with the photone app, with all lights 100% I am getting 700s+ at 12 inches (admittedly I would prefer close to 1000, but I'll take wall to wall 700). From all my reading that is more than sufficient. I'm not a commercial grower, this is my first or "practice" run if you will. But really what would be my benefit long term with hps when I have to deal with heat issues in the summer. Without knowing all the variables, why try to tell me what's best? I have been researching for a long while, LED wattage is not the same as HPS wattage, for ppfd and dli should be the only concern. I know I've measured my setup, pretty sure no one else has though.
The point of my previous post was to point out that everyone does it differently. Who knows.....you might pull a pound a light with the setup you have now!

You're right. You have a goal in mind that none of us knows about unless you had revealed it earlier. That's why I had said what I said about letting you do your thing.

2Water

2Water

The point of my previous post was to point out that everyone does it differently. Who knows.....you might pull a pound a light with the setup you have now!

You're right. You have a goal in mind that none of us knows about unless you had revealed it earlier. That's why I had said what I said about letting you do your thing.
Thanks

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
alright alright all you be nice..
you have to learn and fail to become better it’s truly the only way to understand all things about growing eventually..
bumbee or who ever says one thing and another says something else and so on, than all those light test set ups with little boards/graph to measure stuff is just a bunch of crap.. but you got to start somewhere..
i have no clue what my ppfd or any of that stuff is, i read my plants to tell me..

brownm30

brownm30

alright alright all you be nice..
you have to learn and fail to become better it’s truly the only way to understand all things about growing eventually..
bumbee or who ever says one thing and another says something else and so on, than all those light test set ups with little boards/graph to measure stuff is just a bunch of crap.. but you got to start somewhere..
i have no clue what my ppfd or any of that stuff is, i read my plants to tell me..
Sorry. Long day. Big ass snow storm hitting too. I wish you all a merry Christmas and fantastic yields. I'm out

2Water

2Water

In case anyone is interested, 6 weeks from sprout tomorrow. Riker is now a 16 top mainline, Twista has 8 tops, and Droopy made a recovery after I let her be my Guinea pig to learn on. I have learned alot, I apologize for sounding hard headed or not wanting to listen, but I have to learn and not just be told what to do. I have to figure out what works for my equipment and set up. This is my first run, and I intended on it being my "practice curve."
Anyways, I finished topping and cleaning this morning, is it too early to flip? I was going to give them 1 more week to recover.

Riker (16 top mainline) - honestly been a perfect plant all the way through
20230117 105658
20230117 105754

Twista - currently at 8 tops, really messed up on her, but she recovered beautifully!
20230117 105623
20230117 105836

Droopy - I have beat the crap out of her, and she is still holding on. Not expecting much, more of a learning tool, but maybe her buds will be something special?
20230117 105434
20230117 105537

Top Bottom