• Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

IMG 1909
IMG 1910
IMG 1911
IMG 1912
IMG 1916
Topped the three larger plants today, day 18. Noticed on two plants some overall yellowing of leaves. Not stoked. Any suggestions?? I raised the light a couple inches to maintain the 18inches and I gave them a light dose of grow big. Wasn't planning on nutes this early, but they looked in need.

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 1928
Day 21. Plants are growing, bottom left strawberry kush is the healthy girl, the others are all suffering from a mag or iron or both deficiency do to ph issues I believe. Waiting on my ph pen to check my Hose water. In the mean time I gave them a foliar feeding of chelated iron with magnesium, hopefully buying me some time till I figure out the ph and getting the plants some much needed nutrients. Just transplanted the three bigger plants into two gallon pots, the other three plants are a couple weeks behind. Transplant went well, there's a little droop to the leaves, but I think they'll bounce back in a day or so. Keep you posted on the deficiencies. Hopefully things will turn around. Peace

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 1933
Here's the straw kush on the bottom left, by far my best grower of the batch. Filling in super short plants it's only like 5-6 inches tall. I don't know if thats an led light thing or what, but that's not what happened when I grew my first grow outside.
IMG 1938
Here they are tonight couple days past three weeks for the three in two gal pots. Youngest is about a week,it's kind of a mutant not sure what it's gonna do. Looks like it's gonna split into two branches on second node. The mystery seed (middle back row) started a little shaky, buts seems to have gotten through it. The Girl Scout cookie (middle bottom) is still pretty yellow along with the back left straw kush. I've foliar fed both for two days with chelated iron/magnesium. I think I'm gonna stop with foliar feeding for a while and see if there are in changes. Still waiting on my ph pen to check my water, pretty eager to do that, get everything situated. Looking into getting some either 3 or 5 gallon smart pots for my next up pot. Turns out I got a killer hydro store in a close neighboring town that sells them and they also had some soil called vermisoil, thinking of picking some of that and adding it on next transplant. It's all organic. I think that's it for now. Peace
IMG 1938
IMG 1933
just posted picks twice on accident. Time to shut it down. Lol

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 1998
IMG 1990
IMG 1985
IMG 2001
Day 24. Found out today I had my light way to close to the canopy. Had it about 18inches from tops for the first three weeks and kind of stunted them, super shorties. But good news is I raised the light to 3 ft above and hopefully they'll start to stretch out. Ladies are doing pretty good, still got the yellowing issue happening on the gsc and one of the straw kush. Still waiting on my ph pen, but got my ph adjuster kit and checked my house water. It's deff alkaline, high 7's maybe 8. I'll get a more exact number when my pen gets here.

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 2036
The gsc still has yellowing on the fan leaves but the secondaries are looking pretty green.
IMG 2055
Super runt started to tri-foliate. Just keeping this one to see what happens.
IMG 2053
This is the mystery seed day 18-19. Topped her tonight.
IMG 2054
This straw kush is 12days old
IMG 2057
this is the third straw kush
IMG 2049
IMG 2059
Day 26. This little straw kush is turning into a round little ball bush. She seems pretty happy now that she got some fresh soil on transplant and the light got raised.
I had a tea ready for watering done today,but the plants weren't as dried out as I wanted them to be. So I used the tea in the yard and started airating five more gallons of water to make another tea. Plants should be dried out enough in a couple days.

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 2114
One month birthday for the two on the left. Middle bottom two weeks. Middle top three weeks. The runt is two weeks and the far back right is one month. In the process of transplanting into 3 gallon smart pots. Gonna give them two more week, then flip. Gonna wait a few days and do the final top. Then see what happens during flower. Not expecting a whole lot this round since i stunted the plants with to much light. I feel like I've learned a lot this round and next one should be better. I ordered some chem dawg guava x creamcicle seeds should be here soon:)

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 2514
Gsc. Starting to gain some momentum.
IMG 2512
Straw Kush. This one had a little rough of a transplant, a good amount of roots stuck to the bottom of the pot a ripped off. Bummer. But she's hanging in there. She's starting to go.
IMG 2523
this is the baby straw kush. Just moved and pinned down the fan leaves to get light to the secondaries. This one will be a month on Monday.
IMG 2494
Mystery seed is taking off
IMG 2475
baby straw kush before I pinned the fan leaves down
IMG 2477
this straw kush is bushing out after being topped a couple times.
IMG 2463
Mystery seed. Nice big leaf
IMG 2457
moving my light up to three feet above the canopy and transplanting into three gallon smart pots the plants took a turn for the better

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 2634
One month old straw kush. It's been topped once and the top fan leaves have been pinned down to expose the secondaries. Their starting to push through.
IMG 2622
I pinned down the two top branches exposing the middle of the plant on both the older straw these
IMG 2648
gonna flip these girls on Monday. The three oldest while be a month and a half the youngest being one month.
IMG 2634
IMG 2612

Geopv916

Geopv916

Good grow so far my friend I've used and use galaxy leds on small stout plants . They are good lights just have no penetrations. I like using them on small sog. Also add cal mag when using those leds.When I started indoor I had to save money at every corner. I bought window AC on Craigslist and bought a keg temp controller on amazing that had a probe for 40 dollars and it kept temps easily at 72-75. When it got under 72 it would turn off it saved me lots of money on the bill.

Irietime

Irietime

:)
Good grow so far my friend I've used and use galaxy leds on small stout plants . They are good lights just have no penetrations. I like using them on small sog. Also add cal mag when using those leds.When I started indoor I had to save money at every corner. I bought window AC on Craigslist and bought a keg temp controller on amazing that had a probe for 40 dollars and it kept temps easily at 72-75. When it got under 72 it would turn off it saved me lots of money on the bill.
Nice, yeah this is a super low budget grow, bare essentials no bells and whistles. Started a little shaky I had the light to close to the plants and they yellowed up and stayed super short. As soon as I raised the light to three feet above the plants got happy and started filling in. Thanks for the tip on the cal/mag. Is there something with the light that makes the plants deficient in cal/mag?? I've been adding a small dose with every watering, they seem pretty happy now. I see what your saying about the no penetration of light, I think it would be best for me to scrog. If I don't get to it on this grow I will on the next. Either way I'm gonna pin down, tie down what ever I can to get those secondaries some light. Giving them some worm tea with fish and kelp tomorrow and flipping to 12/12.:)

Geopv916

Geopv916

:)
Nice, yeah this is a super low budget grow, bare essentials no bells and whistles. Started a little shaky I had the light to close to the plants and they yellowed up and stayed super short. As soon as I raised the light to three feet above the plants got happy and started filling in. Thanks for the tip on the cal/mag. Is there something with the light that makes the plants deficient in cal/mag?? I've been adding a small dose with every watering, they seem pretty happy now. I see what your saying about the no penetration of light, I think it would be best for me to scrog. If I don't get to it on this grow I will on the next. Either way I'm gonna pin down, tie down what ever I can to get those secondaries some light. Giving them some worm tea with fish and kelp tomorrow and flipping to 12/12.:)
A scrog would be ideal but since you are flipping soon tying them down is more than enough. Also there was a reason about the cal mag I just do t remember it was from a mars hydro thread in another forum I was having the same issue

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

A scrog would be ideal but since you are flipping soon tying them down is more than enough. Also there was a reason about the cal mag I just do t remember it was from a mars hydro thread in another forum I was having the same issue
Well sry brother, this was the first time i seen your thread. Damn if i would of seen it a lil sooner. I read where many growers put the light to close the first grow. I actually was just the opposite,,, i like to keep my light high as possible. I finally decided somewhere in the middle is best and now follow this regimen,,, I keep it high all the way till flower and then when it starts to stack, i lower it... I want the stretch esp when scrogging, but just as soon as it begins to stack, i want them to be more compact for obvious reasons...

Irietime

Irietime

Well sry brother, this was the first time i seen your thread. Damn if i would of seen it a lil sooner. I read where many growers put the light to close the first grow. I actually was just the opposite,,, i like to keep my light high as possible. I finally decided somewhere in the middle is best and now follow this regimen,,, I keep it high all the way till flower and then when it starts to stack, i lower it... I want the stretch esp when scrogging, but just as soon as it begins to stack, i want them to be more compact for obvious reasons...
Ya wish I would have known the light was to low the first three weeks. I think the plants would be a lot more filled out, but I'm learning. I've already learned a lot by trial and error for the next grow:eyepiece:glad you found me. Thx for input. Peace

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ya wish I would have known the light was to low the first three weeks. I think the plants would be a lot more filled out, but I'm learning. I've already learned a lot by trial and error for the next grow:eyepiece:glad you found me. Thx for input. Peace
I do want you to know that your first 10 days i thought was excellent growth! So you got that part down! So thats germ 101 checked off. Your next grow will be better and on and on, etc...
Why dont you come over to the dark side? if you dare to see 3x MORE veg growth.....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I should also note that i prob give more light than is needed at this stage which allows me to have the light higher. Which helps with temps, rh, and other factors such as transpiration..

Irietime

Irietime

I do want you to know that your first 10 days i thought was excellent growth! So you got that part down! So thats germ 101 checked off. Your next grow will be better and on and on, etc...
Why dont you come over to the dark side? if you dare to see 3x MORE veg growth.....
What's the dark side, hydro?? And don't know if I've got the room for 3x veg growth, although if I did I'd love to turn this hobby into a full time gig. Dreaming on paper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom