First Indoor 600w Led Experiment

• Thread starter Irietime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
katelyn

katelyn

So I've got my light at 18in above plants and there looking nice and healthy but staying super short. Should I raise the light 2-3 inches to get them to chase the light and get a little more vertical growth?
Have very similar 1000w light my pmants stayed shorter tgen any other grow lol at 30 days had to bring the light up to about 2 1/2 feet due to the plants were so tight i could hardly train them

katelyn

katelyn

Very nice looking plants these sprouted december 1st. About to switch to flower in a few days with 4×4 space and very similar light actual draw is 220-260v what is yours. Ive topped a couple and LST most. Id like to compare yields with someone using same light. Ive got a box fan and a small fan pulling in air from the bottom of the tent and box fan creating nice cirnicetion with a crack in one side of the tent windows for a draft out. Temps staying 70 at night 77-80 with lights on

20170105 104418
Last edited:
Irietime

Irietime

Very nice looking plants these sprouted december 1st. About to switch to flower in a few days with 4×4 space and very similar light actual draw is 220-260v what is yours. Ive topped a couple and LST most. Id like to compare yields with someone using same light. Ive got a box fan and a small fan pulling in air from the bottom of the tent and box fan creating nice cirnicetion with a crack in one side of the tent windows for a draft out. Temps staying 70 at night 77-80 with lights on
Your plants look awesome for a month old. Not sure what the actual draw is for my light, but it's 600w so I'm assuming it's a little less than your 1000w. Ya my grow is bare bones. Small room inside a dark shed with one ocilating fan drawing in fresh air from outside. While lights are on the door to the room is cracked open letting in plenty of fresh air. Lights out its closed up with the fan bring in fresh. Not even sure the actual temp in the room, in know kinda lame, but it doesn't feel hot ever really. Here in coastal central cali it's a mild climate 60's- 70's and this led light stays pretty cool.
My plants stayed so short I didn't know what was going on. I went to my local hydro store and showed them a pic and right away he was like raise your light, minimum of three feet above canopy. Ever since then plants are happier and stretching out a bit, still pretty short, but trainable now:D. Peace

katelyn

katelyn

Your plants look awesome for a month old. Not sure what the actual draw is for my light, but it's 600w so I'm assuming it's a little less than your 1000w. Ya my grow is bare bones. Small room inside a dark shed with one ocilating fan drawing in fresh air from outside. While lights are on the door to the room is cracked open letting in plenty of fresh air. Lights out its closed up with the fan bring in fresh. Not even sure the actual temp in the room, in know kinda lame, but it doesn't feel hot ever really. Here in coastal central cali it's a mild climate 60's- 70's and this led light stays pretty cool.
My plants stayed so short I didn't know what was going on. I went to my local hydro store and showed them a pic and right away he was like raise your light, minimum of three feet above canopy. Ever since then plants are happier and stretching out a bit, still pretty short, but trainable now:D. Peace
Ya my setyp is preatty well the same haha ill follow you along interested to see what your plants loom like a few weeks into flower with that light

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Honestly bro the with the soil you used an the light at 18....that was perfect. It was a month of bad ph water that was the culprit. Everything is fine an dandy. Always adjust the water ph or you wont get anywhere, an since your in soil, temps isnt really an issue. Also with the duct bringing in fresh air.....could be inviting pests and pollens. The air in your house is prolly fine enough.

This is my two cents, cheers to the lovely ladies

Irietime

Irietime

Sure are pretty. How long did you veg for, sorry bro dont recall. Drinking bud light hours befor I got online
I vegged two straw kush and one gsc for a month and a half. the mystery bag seed was vegged 5 weeks and the third sk and second gsc(runt) were vegged one month. I plan on getting my timing down a little more uniform for the next grow. Does a month and a half seem about right as far as veg time??

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I vegged two straw kush and one gsc for a month and a half. the mystery bag seed was vegged 5 weeks and the third sk and second gsc(runt) were vegged one month. I plan on getting my timing down a little more uniform for the next grow. Does a month and a half seem about right as far as veg time??
From seed... Half that once you start running clones..

Irietime

Irietime

From seed... Half that once you start running clones..
I was just thinking I should take a few clones of the sk. Has plenty of sites and the plant is nice and healthy. I'd like to keep it going for the next grow. But also I have some beans I want to get going and I'm trying to figure out the timing so things are roughly the same age as far as veg time and going into 12/12 together. I just confused my self. Lol:smoking:peace

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I was just thinking I should take a few clones of the sk. Has plenty of sites and the plant is nice and healthy. I'd like to keep it going for the next grow. But also I have some beans I want to get going and I'm trying to figure out the timing so things are roughly the same age as far as veg time and going into 12/12 together. I just confused my self. Lol:smoking:peace
Those are things that time will teach you... I started random bag seeds to study and then just tossed them... I have grown plants, clones, etc just to experiment and then just toss them.
Have you taken clones before?

Irietime

Irietime

Those are things that time will teach you... I started random bag seeds to study and then just tossed them... I have grown plants, clones, etc just to experiment and then just toss them.
Have you taken clones before?
Not of cannabis, but have taken clones of geraniums and mums. Just took cutting trimmed up the leaves and dipped them in rooting compound and into soil.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Me personally man I veg atleast 2-3 months to get bigger root mass which turns into more weight at flower. But im only on 1 plant at a time under a 1k watt so....just find your prefrence an enjoy. Great looking pics dude

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 2983
Livicating a self in my tool shed to low budget seedling/clone room. Still need to put the doors on. It's 3ftx1.5ftx2ft tall. gonna run 4 25w cfl and mount a small fan. Just a little head start room, get'em going while the others finish, then move them over;). Gotta fresh coat of white paint in there

Top Bottom