First Time Grow, looking to do it right.

• Thread starter workngrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
workngrow

workngrow

I just dont risk it. It's probably OK but probably can lead to disappointment 😁
Yea my only disappointment thus far is the 1 plant just owning shit and the other 3 barely if at all showing any pistils.

Im really noticing the genetic stuff at this point. I have 2 plants, allegedly same strain right next to each other but one looks largely sativa and is exploding in growth/pistils, etc. while the one right next to it again supposed to be the same strain is short, squat, growing slower and has big wide fan leaves more like an indica plant. I know not all seeds are going to generate the exact ideal characteristics of a given strain but looking at them you wouldnt think they were the same. This is the Darth Vader OG from Exotic Genetics.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Alrighty, was taking a look at the setup at lights out the other night and noticed some, did cover them but obv duct tape is a bit too translucent, it doesnt contain it well enough to block completely. The tents still super dark but was curious as to how impactful.
Some say that it must be ZERO light, but that is silly. Think of how bright it is outside with the moon at full. They can handle at least that much.
I might cover up the small indicators also, especially the newer ones because the new led indicators are so much brighter than the old ones.
I have all mine above the light bar where they don't affect the plants.

Bongholio

Bongholio

Unless a strain has been worked for years and years most will throw diff. pheno's. What you want to do is a little home work and look into the lineage of Darth Vader OG and see which pheno your looking for. Or do a pheno hunt yourself by taking clones off the plants so after you've enjoyed your harvest you know what to expect from the clones.
Yea my only disappointment thus far is the 1 plant just owning shit and the other 3 barely if at all showing any pistils.

Im really noticing the genetic stuff at this point. I have 2 plants, allegedly same strain right next to each other but one looks largely sativa and is exploding in growth/pistils, etc. while the one right next to it again supposed to be the same strain is short, squat, growing slower and has big wide fan leaves more like an indica plant. I know not all seeds are going to generate the exact ideal characteristics of a given strain but looking at them you wouldnt think they were the same. This is the Darth Vader OG from Exotic Genetics.

workngrow

workngrow

Unless a strain has been worked for years and years most will throw diff. pheno's. What you want to do is a little home work and look into the lineage of Darth Vader OG and see which pheno your looking for. Or do a pheno hunt yourself by taking clones off the plants so after you've enjoyed your harvest you know what to expect from the clones.

Yea that sounds about what I was thinking. Will likely go with the exploding sativa leaning variety even though if the seed bank is classing it as leaning 75% Indica, the more indica appearing plant seems to be what the breeder was looking for in this hybrid.

Is there some sort of lab/dna test that will actually tell you what the indica/sativa percentages are?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, Labs do that. Look up a local marijane testing lab in your area.
From what I hear, it's not cheap. I always go with seeds, never clones. I don't want someone elses hidden minefields.
So, I always deal with a quality supplier just for these reasons. I'm not going to mess up a friendship over a failed plant.

workngrow

workngrow

From what I hear, it's not cheap. I always go with seeds, never clones. I don't want someone elses hidden minefields.
So, I always deal with a quality supplier just for these reasons. I'm not going to mess up a friendship over a failed plant.
Yea moving forward it should be easier to pinpoint. Also if getting seeds important to not do a minimal run I suppose and making sure to pick the ones that represent what the final product should be. Just seems a lot more difficult to do that at the early stages of the plants life than the later stages.

workngrow

workngrow

The next run I am looking to fire up in the coming weeks but choosing which seed bank and/or which company, there are just a lot.

I want to mess with Future 1 from Anesia because of the alleged super high THC but they dont ship directly to the US and I am concerned about buying 2nd hand from a seed bank in the states.

Bongholio

Bongholio

Yea moving forward it should be easier to pinpoint. Also if getting seeds important to not do a minimal run I suppose and making sure to pick the ones that represent what the final product should be. Just seems a lot more difficult to do that at the early stages of the plants life than the later stages.
That's why you take clones early in veg. If you find a keeper you like after harvest, you have kept it alive from your own stock. The other clones can be trashed or whatever you decide to do with them. Because you may pop another 100 seeds before you run across that 1 keeper. Kakalak at soaknbeans is a breeder in the US. that You can deal with direct. He's the real deal. All his stuff is fire.. I grew some Gumrilla that nobody wants to smoke its so strong.
P7PQ0gy

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The next run I am looking to fire up in the coming weeks but choosing which seed bank and/or which company, there are just a lot.

I want to mess with Future 1 from Anesia because of the alleged super high THC but they dont ship directly to the US and I am concerned about buying 2nd hand from a seed bank in the states.
There are seed banks all over now. Try www.chitownseeds.com He is in Chicago.

workngrow

workngrow

Went ahead and pulled some clones and try to reveg them. Soaked some rockwool and pulled out some clonex gel. Trimmed a couple lower stems and divided them up. Watched a video on monster cropping. Figured I'd give it a shot.

Nute top off as well. Lowered the percentage of the 1 2 3 formula and increased the bloom to 75 pct because it's just a top off and I want to get more bloom involved. They seem to be killing off about 400ppm per week right now and at least a few gallons of water per day. Target ppm is 600ish Will check after it's circulated for a while. If all is well will then back down the 3 2 1 percentage a bit more and run it in conjunction with the bloom nutrient at 100 pct next feed top off. This again trying to satisfy the needs of all 4 plants at their different stages of flowering for now by not killing off all the nitrogen etc for the sake of increasing the phosphorus but find a happy medium and ease into the increased phos.

And then there's our new friend Bob running local security.

20210701 191213
20210701 191204
20210701 190817
20210701 190807
20210701 184256
20210701 184250
20210701 184246
20210701 175736
workngrow

workngrow

@Aqua Man Plants coming in well, as we're coming to the final weeks in the next 4-6 weeks. Do I really need to use the Jacks Finisher or just go with a clean water flush for the final week or 2? I've been reading that most posts etc seems to say just clean water. Any recommendation on that?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1146810

@Aqua Man Plants coming in well, as we're coming to the final weeks in the next 4-6 weeks. Do I really need to use the Jacks Finisher or just go with a clean water flush for the final week or 2? I've been reading that most posts etc seems to say just clean water. Any recommendation on that?
I just lower ppm after swelling. Under 300 for the last week to 10 days and has worked well for me.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That is some really fine looking salad man. Well done.

workngrow

workngrow

Plants are looking great btw 👌
Excellent and thanks, as I am coming closer just kind of getting things together for finishing, drying, curing etc.

The plants definitely turning out better than expected. The mantis died though, rip Bob. Not sure if he just couldnt survive in the tent or if there are just no bugs for him to feed on in there. lol

workngrow

workngrow

Also I should add, 4 of the 10 revegged clones rooted. So starting the journey on those a bit. Once they get going and these wrap up then itll be time to run another thread I suppose.

Top Bottom