First Time Grow, looking to do it right.

• Thread starter workngrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also I should add, 4 of the 10 revegged clones rooted. So starting the journey on those a bit. Once they get going and these wrap up then itll be time to run another thread I suppose.
Sweet. Tag me in it if ya don't mind.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

SAVE your MONEY and READ! I’ve spent many hours looking at dozens if not a 100 led lights and comparing specs. You want a Meanwell driver w Samsung LM301B or LM301H but the latter hard to find. I have bought and returned fakes so that can an issue. I used a loop to inspect. The absolute best bang fir the buck I could find is the Bloomspect SS2000 or SS4000. Note they make older versions w/o aforementioned specs so be sure. They both use the ELG model with the Ss4000 using 2 drivers. They have a coupon avail marking them $100 and $200 respectively. And output is 200 watts and 400 watts respectively. While the driver can output 240 watts they have it 83% which is a good thing! 4 of the larger ones would def grow 4 large plants. The light also has 660 red and 730 Ir. I tried to give up growing but you know how that goes. So I did scale my room back and opted to buy 3 of the 200 watt units. And they are legit. This is after buying a fake Samsung unit which I returned. The picture is blurry but one real one fake.

FD29D206 77AF 4218 91DB E846EA17EB24
32471CE4 2598 4E11 99F1 D4180012321B
workngrow

workngrow

SAVE your MONEY and READ! I’ve spent many hours looking at dozens if not a 100 led lights and comparing specs. You want a Meanwell driver w Samsung LM301B or LM301H but the latter hard to find. I have bought and returned fakes so that can an issue. I used a loop to inspect. The absolute best bang fir the buck I could find is the Bloomspect SS2000 or SS4000. Note they make older versions w/o aforementioned specs so be sure. They both use the ELG model with the Ss4000 using 2 drivers. They have a coupon avail marking them $100 and $200 respectively. And output is 200 watts and 400 watts respectively. While the driver can output 240 watts they have it 83% which is a good thing! 4 of the larger ones would def grow 4 large plants. The light also has 660 red and 730 Ir. I tried to give up growing but you know how that goes. So I did scale my room back and opted to buy 3 of the 200 watt units. And they are legit. This is after buying a fake Samsung unit which I returned. The picture is blurry but one real one fake.
I went with a pair of 480w kingbrites. They have meanwell drivers and Samsung diodes. I've used nothing else so I have no comparison. After shipping I spent probably 900 max for the pair. They hit on all the things I was looking for plus being able to drop to 1 if one goes out.

workngrow

workngrow

PH was beginning to plummet daily, like last time a few weeks back, seems as though this is the indication to flush and start fresh.

3 or so weeks of fresh water top offs with this well water is the sweet spot and then flushing it to start over.

What I think is happening, same as last time as you do fresh water top offs with well water even a ppm as low as mine at 150 the plants consume what they want from the nutrient mix but obviously leave over what they dont.

So if you do continued fresh well water top offs the nutrient concentration of what the plants dont care about increases with each fresh well water top off. Whereas with RO water, its a blank slate so no nutrients are added and the numbers are truer. As its unknown what the composition of the well water is, just that its alkaline 7.2ph or so and about 120-150ppm.

This time went full bloom nutes, silica, hydroguard to about 650-700ppm. Should be the last or 2nd to last nutrient round before the final flush. The flowering window for 2 of the plants begins in about 2 weeks. So I may/may not be able to finish them all out at once.

Going to be tricky with the 2 separate strains. May have to flush early for 2/4 plants since 2 of the 4 have a slightly longer flowering period. Will be tricky to find the balance there as its painfully obvious 1 or 2 of the plants is going to mature much faster.

Capture
workngrow

workngrow

Also curious about when they swell, if the increased surface area continues to develop more or new trichomes.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

They look great, how many days into flower are you, and how long are your strains supposed to go?

workngrow

workngrow

They look great, how many days into flower are you, and how long are your strains supposed to go?

I'll count out days on my calendar but should be about a week and a half away from the beginning of the expected flowering end. The days were listed in a range. So anywhere between the first and 3rd week of August should be harvest for 2 of the plants. The other 2 might run a bit longer.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I went with a pair of 480w kingbrites. They have meanwell drivers and Samsung diodes. I've used nothing else so I have no comparison. After shipping I spent probably 900 max for the pair. They hit on all the things I was looking for plus being able to drop to 1 if one goes out.
Your killin with with your first grow man good job! I love my pair of kingbrites and I would opt for their new bar version LEDs but the shipping on their bar style fixtures compared to their quantum boards is hundreds of dollars extra per unit. Your basically there man just hold steady to the finish line. Once you adjust for flower and dial it in its only a matter of time at that point. How many plants in how much space again?

workngrow

workngrow

Your killin with with your first grow man good job! I love my pair of kingbrites and I would opt for their new bar version LEDs but the shipping on their bar style fixtures compared to their quantum boards is hundreds of dollars extra per unit. Your basically there man just hold steady to the finish line. Once you adjust for flower and dial it in its only a matter of time at that point. How many plants in how much space again?

4 in a 6x6. So far def hasnt been perfect, some days ill roll in the room and the window unit rotating the air either super cools the room, or doesnt at all. One or 2 days I went in to 80-81 degree temps or 65-70 degrees but I usually catch that within a few hours as im in there all the time.

Oddly the temps are just more steady when its super hot outside like it has been most of the summer but as we come to the end of summer and one day its 70, next day its 90+ has made managing the temps a pain in the ass lol. The grow room has no central air, just the window unit.

workngrow

workngrow

1 of the 4 plants very clearly coming to the end. Instead of doing an outright flush because there are 3 other plants not as far along I figure I'll just drop the ppm to the floor. Try and get the ppm down to under 200 so the other plants can keep feeding while they finish.

Also started new round of Skywalker OG already. They already almost ready to top. Might be cutting it close on time. Need the large system clear by around Sept. For the next round.

20210807 103742
20210807 103733
20210807 104014
AmokNewb

AmokNewb

@workngrow can you size comparison those flowers? How big are they? Also I wish my garden looked like that!

Top Bottom