First Time Grow, looking to do it right.

• Thread starter workngrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You mean spiked like this?
Nope but that can be from to much wind... you done want direct airflow on the plants. Shoot for a cyclone type flow like a toilet bowl. Air moving in a circular fashion intake at the bottom and exhaust at the top... will give you the best mixing and nice even humidy etc with the least microclimates in a small space.

The fans cause the cyclone and exhaust pulls the air up giving the underside of the leaves great exposure to well mixed air

workngrow

workngrow

Nope but that can be from to much wind... you done want direct airflow on the plants. Shoot for a cyclone type flow like a toilet bowl. Air moving in a circular fashion intake at the bottom and exhaust at the top... will give you the best mixing and nice even humidy etc with the least microclimates in a small space.

The fans cause the cyclone and exhaust pulls the air up giving the underside of the leaves great exposure to well mixed air
I'll adjust the setup a bit more more this. The tent with ventilation is a bit better designed for that but clipping fans to the light stand in this setup just a bit tricky with the close proximity. I'll sort it out

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll adjust the setup a bit more more this. The tent with ventilation is a bit better designed for that but clipping fans to the light stand in this setup just a bit tricky with the close proximity. I'll sort it out
Circulation fans belong at or below the canopy... never above. No benefit to blowing hot air down onto the plants.. with HID it was used to try to push the heat from the lights aways from the top of the plants.... somehow this has never really been properly addressed with LED or HID when that's not an issue (like to close to the plants) leaves transpire from the bottom side and that's where we need the airflow. Blowing from the top the leaves act as a hydrofoil and leave a microclimate around the underside of the leaves... I mean it's not detrimental but just not as effective.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you put those fans on the floor aiming along the sides with one on each side it will be ideal imo.

workngrow

workngrow

Made the fan adjustments etc. Went ahead and topped the tallest one this morning. He was going on node 6 and took him back down to 3. Kind of sad to see the foliage go but that's that's way the cookie crumbles I guess!

20210508 075313
workngrow

workngrow

Built an enclosure out of cardboard and mylar to help contain more light.

20210509 125438
20210509 125429
workngrow

workngrow

After topping the plant the upper layer of large fan leaves wanted to kind of reach towards the light so I just used some twist tie on those guys to keep them flattened while the center that was just cut off and the new growth in the center has room and isnt crowded.

workngrow

workngrow

Topped plant number 2. Did some fairly heavy defoliation on both. They were getting bushy and covering up possible bud sites. Mostly removed fan leaves.

20210514 154906
20210514 154900
20210514 154518
20210514 154503
workngrow

workngrow

Few days after topping and defol, oldest plant was showing some signs of what I believe is magnesium deficiency after the research on half of its remaining old fan leaves. Veins dark green with pockets of discoloration in the leaf area between them. Catching it super early before it gets bad. Went ahead with epsom salt foliar spray for now, will prob hit it with that over the next couple days. If the color returns like some of the information says it will (if caught early) then it'll be confirmed and will make the feeding adjustments.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

To much nutrients, to much light... almost looks like it's revegging.

What are you spraying it with?

workngrow

workngrow

Just odd that it crops up now. They've been under same conditions for a couple weeks. other than the nute flush last week. Ppm is 550. Ph is 5.5

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just odd that it crops up now. They've been under same conditions for a couple weeks. other than the nute flush last week. Ppm is 550. Ph is 5.5
They prob need 300ish maybe 400 tops ppm. Definitely would drop to 300ppm and raise that light up

workngrow

workngrow

Its only the 2 leaves on the one plant
They prob need 300ish maybe 400 tops ppm. Definitely would drop to 300ppm and raise that light up
Ok. Lux us at 24k I can't raise the light but I can dim to drop the intensity. What's throwing me off with these nutes is just jacks schedule calling for like 1200ppm max at veg. I realize that's way too high. So even half that at this stage is too high? The discoloration started maybe 2 days ago before any foliar stuff was added etc. Is only 2 leaves on oldest plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its only the 2 leaves on the one plant

Ok. Lux us at 24k I can't raise the light but I can dim to drop the intensity. What's throwing me off with these nutes is just jacks schedule calling for like 1200ppm max at veg. I realize that's way too high. So even half that at this stage is too high? The discoloration started maybe 2 days ago before any foliar stuff was added etc. Is only 2 leaves on oldest plant.
Yeah at this stage 600 is to high... I never needed to feed over 600ppm in my hydro and that was with 75000 lux and co2.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dro the lux to 15k and let them recover.. try to keep humidity around 60-65% to ease up on transpiration rates... you have atleast a week of recovery.

Top Bottom