First Time Grow, looking to do it right.

• Thread starter workngrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
workngrow

workngrow

The more I read and study I am considering in a few runs switching over to run an aeroponic setup or an ebb and flow type setup to reduce water usage and be a bit more efficient across the board.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cleared the lower third or so of big leaves and shaded foliage on each plant, threw the trellis on there. Going to let them recover a bit until tomorrow then will flush, run the bloom nutes and flip the light cycle. As they flower will just keep pushing the bud sites inward along the trellis to fill the gap in the center and create space.
Don't run bloom nites until atleast after stretch imo.... you will likely see deficiencies.

workngrow

workngrow

Don't run bloom nites until atleast after stretch imo.... you will likely see deficiencies.

Yea I have been slightly confused about the bloom scenario. Container says ever 7 to 14 days to dose but 1 2 3 nute schedule on their site says run it for just the first 2 weeks after switching photo period.

workngrow

workngrow

Day 2 to 3 into flower

Ph 5.8 (been topping it off at a slightly higher ph considering water consumption is dropping it. Should continue to go down over a few days) smaller setup the ph was going up as plant water consumption was a lot less. Learning this as an observation and changing the strategy a bit seemed important. If the ph is going to drop keeping it at a solid 5.5 just unrealistic.

TDS 530

Water temp 71

Lux 16k on edge to 21k in center (been slowly increasing light intensity now.) Lights running at only 63 pct intensity. Over the next week I'll prob throw in an exhale bag or 2 as I start to tune things up nice and easy.

Overnight transpiring has been pushing the humidity up to 80 plus so I added in a larger tower fan. Some of the wind hitting the leaves but just needed a quick solution.instead of dumping a bunch of cash into a better dehu. As soon as it was added the RH went down by like 10 to 15 pct so it appears to be working.

As far as the plants themselves. Just picking some lower foliage off bits at a time day by day. Not too much at a time and there are already some baby pistils forming.

Screenshot 20210614 211930 Govee Home
20210614 212030
20210614 104401
Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Looks good! You could probably stand to be taking more stuff out, more of the lower small branches and nodes that are getting shaded out by the upper stuff. But it doesn't hurt to take that stuff slow, my first couple plants I lollipopped to huge single colas and lost a bunch of weight. Have fun, you are looking great!

workngrow

workngrow

When I took a lot out just focused mostly on real dark areas. A lot of the larger fan leaves even in the canopy I removed. They are just blocking light for everything else I believe.

For stems I just took anything that was super thin out even if it was a bud site. Focusing in on keeping the much denser stems and keeping the bud sites as the top of those that branch off to keep the canopy intact.

It feels right but unsure if I took too much off or not. Lol

workngrow

workngrow

This one has been a solider. Multiple broken branches through training for the first time ever being literally taped back together and she is just monstrous. Out of any fuck ups to this point this plant would be ideal for when we pull clones in a couple weeks.

20210615 210632

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I did at one point while planning it out. It's an mspaint just really dumbed down sketch. Might be in the first page or 2 of the thread.
Found it. I used MS Paint the same way for years. I don't have windows anymore and I'm looking for a Linux version.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Totally. If you cover the soil with something to block the light, you will use less water for the same results.
You have to lift it off to water unless you make the cover from some sort of multi-layer mesh of some kind.
If you do, send me some! LOL

workngrow

workngrow

@Aqua Man Yeo, I read that the Jacks has no Silica. Been using the S. blast as an add in but proportionately ive been feeding the same of that as I am each piece of the Jacks. So if I use 30pct of Jacks then anything else I throw in ive also been running 30 pct of the per gallon recommended.

Should I up the amount of silica or keep it in line with the proportionate amount of everything else?

Top Bottom