First Time Grow, looking to do it right.

• Thread starter workngrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
workngrow

workngrow

Yeah at this stage 600 is to high... I never needed to feed over 600ppm in my hydro and that was with 75000 lux and co2.
Ah wow, Ok. Thats important information man because every schedule I am reading about, etc. is just calling for like twice that especially in later plant stages. Like the 3 2 1 bloom phase for those 2 weeks is like super high ppm.

workngrow

workngrow

These numbers are just out of control lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The high nutrients and decent amount of light with possibly low humidity would be what fried them. Now you need to back off the nutrients and ease transpirational stress so they can bounce back.300-350ppm

If they were healthy same ppm but they could handle that light.

workngrow

workngrow

Trust me.... even these are at 600ppm
I definitely do you've not led me astray and I appreciate the quick responses.

I guess Jacks just more in the nute selling business than the growing business. So if their recommendations are double than what can work efficiently....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The topping and defol weaken the plant to not be able to handle the higher conditions its grown accustomed to?
Yeah I would not have defoliated at that age unless there was issues. #1 rule in cannabis less is more.

workngrow

workngrow

Larger setup up and running. Will eventually cover the containers in mylar but am probably a few weeks out from switching to 12/12. Doing some training to get the space filled. Things seem to be going well. Over the next few days should be a bit of a juggle figuring out environment controls and such with the new lights running.

20210530 145924
20210530 145920
20210530 145917
20210530 145913
20210530 145908
20210528 174302
20210530 145931
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Larger setup up and running. Will eventually cover the containers in mylar but am probably a few weeks out from switching to 12/12. Doing some training to get the space filled. Things seem to be going well. Over the next few days should be a bit of a juggle figuring out environment controls and such with the new lights running.
Are those kingbrite LEDs? If not which ones are you running?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Yea They are kingbrite 480w
Nice I have 2x 240watt ones and my plants love them! How close are you running them? I’m at 10 inches on full power right now but I’m also running co2 and I haven’t seen any light stress yet. I have seen a huge jump in growth since adding the co2 tho Forsure! I’m at the end of the second week of flower

workngrow

workngrow

Nice I have 2x 240watt ones and my plants love them! How close are you running them? I’m at 10 inches on full power right now but I’m also running co2 and I haven’t seen any light stress yet. I have seen a huge jump in growth since adding the co2 tho Forsure! I’m at the end of the second week of flower

They still have to veg for a few weeks but I like the lights so far. Today's the first day having the whole setup in full swing.

The lights are set at the top of the tent running at just under 60 pct on the dimmer and doing about 15k lux at the bottom of the tent. I figure keeping it there for now as they grow they'll just kind of naturally reach into the higher intensity areas and slowly tune them up from there as needed. This way I can just keep the lights at the same height and just adjust intensity vs lowering and raising the lights a lot.

workngrow

workngrow

@Aqua Man

Been a while since I tossed an update on here. Was looking at flipping this to flower in the next day or 2. What do you think about height in this situation? Do they look alright to switch?

The back right one is just going hard as hell. So many bud sites. It's flourished much better than the others.

Larger system going well. Aside from initial setup zero leaks. Overall the plants seem healthy. Had a bug or 2 flying about last week but took some growers ally to the plants before lights out and problem solved.

Ph has been steady 5.5/5.6. I do experience a drop a few days after a top off presumably water volume and nutrient concentration. Topping with fresh water of a slightly higher ph than the target has been balancing that out well fairly easily.

Haven't let the tds go much lower than 350 then ill top it up to 5 or 550 then let it back down again.

20210610 190909
20210610 190856
workngrow

workngrow

Very nice plants dude. I was curious at the start of all this how you were gonna do and it seems like you are getting it down well. Good work!
All good my man. Nothing really replaces just putting the leg work in and doing the research. Not everything has gone 100 pct but I learned from the few mistakes and just simply will bake that stuff out of the work flow.

My thing now is just knowing visually when to cut to 12/12 light cycle and then I have a question about the jacks nutes. Says to use the blossom one on the 3l1 2 3 schedule for 2 starting weeks of flower. Looks like that is the only time it should be used but the directions on the container itself say dose every 7 to 14 days. So slight confusion on when to start/stop with that. Using it in conjunction with the part a/b/salt seems like nutrient overkill.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man

Been a while since I tossed an update on here. Was looking at flipping this to flower in the next day or 2. What do you think about height in this situation? Do they look alright to switch?

The back right one is just going hard as hell. So many bud sites. It's flourished much better than the others.

Larger system going well. Aside from initial setup zero leaks. Overall the plants seem healthy. Had a bug or 2 flying about last week but took some growers ally to the plants before lights out and problem solved.

Ph has been steady 5.5/5.6. I do experience a drop a few days after a top off presumably water volume and nutrient concentration. Topping with fresh water of a slightly higher ph than the target has been balancing that out well fairly easily.

Haven't let the tds go much lower than 350 then ill top it up to 5 or 550 then let it back down again.
Looking great bro... id prune a bit of the largest leaves off and flip away. 👍

workngrow

workngrow

Looking great bro... id prune a bit of the largest leaves off and flip away. 👍
Awesome thanks. The only real challenge lately was maybe small bug sign that was crushed immediately and the ph tds water volume etc. They noticeably gobble up h20. I never did add the air pump. They are going hard without it. Guessing with the 2 1 inch drains falling per container with a good surge/rotation of water is keeping everything nicely oxygenated.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Awesome thanks. The only real challenge lately was maybe small bug sign that was crushed immediately and the ph tds water volume etc. They noticeably gobble up h20. I never did add the air pump. They are going hard without it. Guessing with the 2 1 inch drains falling per container with a good surge/rotation of water is keeping everything nicely oxygenated.
Yeah my 4 plants used to driving over 5 gal a day.

workngrow

workngrow

Cleared the lower third or so of big leaves and shaded foliage on each plant, threw the trellis on there. Going to let them recover a bit until tomorrow then will flush, run the bloom nutes and flip the light cycle. As they flower will just keep pushing the bud sites inward along the trellis to fill the gap in the center and create space.

197767871 882272932632669 8133085337234947970 n
Top Bottom