Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

These are the comparison videos. The first one is long and mostly babbling opinion of the owner.

The second one is the lab testing. They are long but hold real information that helped me decide on cmh.

LED has some great benefits too. More terps according to this and much research.

Good comparisons! That guy is a trip but does some great researching.
4-5% increase in THC? Good enough for me!
I think I will try to mix up my 600 hps with 315 cmh. I have eight of the 600 s set up right now ( two rows of four ) with a 40" spread. From what I have read 40" is too large a footprint and 30" is better for cmh.
Do you think I can get away with switching every other light to a cmh and keep the 40"'spacing ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good comparisons! That guy is a trip but does some great researching.
4-5% increase in THC? Good enough for me!
I think I will try to mix up my 600 hps with 315 cmh. I have eight of the 600 s set up right now ( two rows of four ) with a 40" spread. From what I have read 40" is too large a footprint and 30" is better for cmh.
Do you think I can get away with switching every other light to a cmh and keep the 40"'spacing ?

I am sorry I never had a room with that many lights. So I don't know how good the spread is from the overlap. But individually my SS 315 can cover 2.5 feet for proper flowering and has a very direct down footprint.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
This is a CMH/HPS room from A member on ICMAG. All the CMH lights are on.

picture.php

ALL LIGHTS ON.
picture.php

D

DonBrown93

So Mim, you are saying that for my 7" bloom room I could get away with 4 CMH?....Damn!...I'm trying to cut my electric cost down.
I have thought about going with the retrofit kit to see how 2 315's will effect my plants.....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So Mim, you are saying that for my 7" bloom room I could get away with 4 CMH?....Damn!...I'm trying to cut my electric cost down.
I have thought about going with the retrofit kit to see how 2 315's will effect my plants.....

Well I don't remember saying anything of the sort. Lol.

But I run 1515 watts with a 6.5 foot ceiling now.

Oh yeah. I did say it would work.

JMcG

JMcG

Thanks for the pic HH! They look a bit closer than 40" together but I like the mix of the HPS to CMH. Interesting how high they have them hanging. Do you know what ways they are using on those?
DB?.. I am thinking the same thing about the retros fitters.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Thanks for the pic HH! They look a bit closer than 40" together but I like the mix of the HPS to CMH. Interesting how high they have them hanging. Do you know what ways they are using on those?
DB?.. I am thinking the same thing about the retros fitters.
I'm using the retro fits,maxibright...love them...
WP 20170111 22 43 36 Pro LI
WP 20170305 18 43 20 Pro

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here is a pic of a bud finishing the last 10 days under the 315 LEC 3100k bulb.

It was grown under a mix of Hortilux blue mh. Hortilux Super hps and the LEC.
IMG 4883

More color than hps alone. More potency than hps alone. And better flavor too. And some qualities that can not be quantified.

And the plants and flowers have a more natural outdoor appearance and better health to the end.

My assessment. My hps only room benefited from the additional blue spectrums and the even limited uv put out by the LEC.

That is why I replaced one more hps with the blue mh.

JMcG

JMcG

Here is a pic of a bud finishing the last 10 days under the 315 LEC 3100k bulb.

It was grown under a mix of Hortilux blue mh. Hortilux Super hps and the LEC.
View attachment 677250
More color than hps alone. More potency than hps alone. And better flavor too. And some qualities that can not be quantified.

And the plants and flowers have a more natural outdoor appearance and better health to the end.

My assessment. My hps only room benefited from the additional blue spectrums and the even limited uv put out by the LEC.

That is why I replaced one more hps with the blue mh.
Very, very nice... doing this soon!

JMcG

JMcG

Very, very nice... doing this soon!
I am curious... how much space in between your lights and the canopy?
Those pics above of the commercial gro have them way tf up there.
I get bad canoeing about week six, usually when my tops get within 24-30 " away from the bulbs.

JMcG

JMcG

Can't effectively double usable space with a light mover. Maybe a foot or two. They are really designed to eliminate hot spots and more effectively cover the plants with more angles.
Sorry, I just saw your reply...
That is all I have used them for in the past, just two or three feet at the most.
I was just thinking it might help to fill in the voids if I leave all my light spacing at 40", which works great for the 600 hps but might be too far apart for the 315s.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry, I just saw your reply...
That is all I have used them for in the past, just two or three feet at the most.
I was just thinking it might help to fill in the voids if I leave all my light spacing at 40", which works great for the 600 hps but might be too far apart for the 315s.

That makes good sense. And you will benefit from the extra angles as they move. Neat!

keiksweat

keiksweat

I'm runn
I'm really interested to know how this goes. I'm running a 4x8 with 2 dimmable 1k's at 600w with horti bulbs in open air bat wings. I'm really interested in Temps more than anything.
I'm running two 315s in a 4x8...3100k Phillips agro bulbs,I'm getting totally different accents coming through,on plants I've grown all year..the growth is different,the smell,there's lots of cool points.ive had deficiancys.but I'm not gonna blame the 3100k bulbs,as I'm being idle at the moment,new job,so its probably me.

keiksweat

keiksweat

its the full spectrum
Hmmm good question i wouldn't mind knowing this myself
light.more natural,close to sunlight.thats the only reason it would finish quicker..that and 1.9 umols from only 315 watts..after I've finished my test runs,I'm putting one of my old led panels bk in the centre,only for the last 3 weeks or so.reds and far reds....think it will help even more...dense nugs. Ideally ill add another 315 bare bulb in the centre,but the 4200k daylight bulb,I think that would be perfect in my size tent...

Top Bottom