Free at last in Virginia

• Thread starter Lilolme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

I absolutely live for new things and challenges, every new thing enhances all the things that came before and adds a new level of learnin and understanding, although in my own way which may seem a little scattered to some. LOVE IT!! Wake up sip coffee and learn

M

McPappaGreens

I short vegged these and had only planned on two plants, I could just as easily gone with a single plant and filled the tub it would have just meant a longer veg and a much bigger pot. So many options in growin and I hope to try everything eventually
All in due time and it was merely a suggestion please take nothing to heart your knowledge to what pleases you is how the world turns my friend if that's what you know an works best for you don't change everything because some old head says so just a suggestion to open your mind a bit to easier ways of growing what's easy for me might not be easy for some but I've worked an tweaked my methods for years an have full proof outcomes every time except my first hydroponics grow it was a disaster though hydro is great I find it better suited for most vegetables and not cannabis too much water in the plant during flower leaves me with bud rot Everytime I've tried hydro though cucumbers tomatoes lettuce strawberry have thrived in my hydro experiments I say experiment cause that's what it really is aquaponics really isn't my thing either there's still the introduction of un natural fertilizer for water treatment and the ammonia from fish waste just doesn't sound good in my cannabis I keep it as natural as possible I know if I share my smoke there is nothing to be harmed I don't feel guilty for giving someone bud that has micro chemicals or micro plastics used to grow the plant left behind from using synthetic nutes

Lilolme

Lilolme

Makin preparations, puttin growin stuff away I won’t be needin for a while. Got a lot of extra wire rack space I may just lay the branches out instead of hangin everything, it does look awesome havin em hangin though, to be determined there is still a ways to go
E71D39D8 BD7F 4E7F A3F7 D34D61A1142D

Lilolme

Lilolme

All in due time and it was merely a suggestion please take nothing to heart your knowledge to what pleases you is how the world turns my friend if that's what you know an works best for you don't change everything because some old head says so just a suggestion to open your mind a bit to easier ways of growing what's easy for me might not be easy for some but I've worked an tweaked my methods for years an have full proof outcomes every time except my first hydroponics grow it was a disaster though hydro is great I find it better suited for most vegetables and not cannabis too much water in the plant during flower leaves me with bud rot Everytime I've tried hydro though cucumbers tomatoes lettuce strawberry have thrived in my hydro experiments I say experiment cause that's what it really is aquaponics really isn't my thing either there's still the introduction of un natural fertilizer for water treatment and the ammonia from fish waste just doesn't sound good in my cannabis I keep it as natural as possible I know if I share my smoke there is nothing to be harmed I don't feel guilty for giving someone bud that has micro chemicals or micro plastics used to grow the plant left behind from using synthetic nutes
My hydro experiments were born from the desire to build me a pot growin machine usin water. I just wanted to see if I could do it. Got a butt load of airy Bubba Kush buds of pretty decent potency that have lasted me well over a year. Will I do it again? Probly one day since I have all the stuff. I have a lot of stuff collected and will be researchin the organic approach because by golly I wanna try that too. If only the weather here was more suitable for growin outside I wanna do that too. I gotta lotta wannas!
5E8D91B3 4AA2 4F0B A002 2AAE43815735

Last edited:
M

McPappaGreens

I suggest if you wanna grow outside throw 150 towards a high tunnel hoop house there light modular easy to put a heat light or oil heater in when temps drop black plastic can be used to control light for phenos and it helps hold that water in the ground as well mine has three windows on each side after I figure out to upload photos I'll send one figured it out don't know if they will show

Lilolme

Lilolme

I suggest if you wanna grow outside throw 150 towards a high tunnel hoop house there light modular easy to put a heat light or oil heater in when temps drop black plastic can be used to control light for phenos and it helps hold that water in the ground as well mine has three windows on each side after I figure out to upload photos I'll send one figured it out don't know if they will show
I have a framework of sorts I have been considering some sort of greenhouse enclosure for it and startin up a bigger vegetable garden
3274AE73 5745 4E91 877F E00F3D413BCC

M

McPappaGreens

I have a framework of sorts I have been considering some sort of greenhouse enclosure for it and startin up a bigger vegetable gardenView attachment 1171002
You know what you are doing you got it good man that's all I can say as much as I don't wanna admit envy is definitely in the air the rural life is where it's at I feel like an idiot commenting on your grow in the first place I shame myself nobody questions anyone's farm ethics practices when they have a tractor lol

M

McPappaGreens

I have a framework of sorts I have been considering some sort of greenhouse enclosure for it and startin up a bigger vegetable gardenView attachment 1171002
You know what you are doing you got it good man that's all I can say as much as I don't wanna admit envy is definitely in the air the rural life is where it's at I feel like an idiot commenting on your grow in the first place I shame myself nobody questions anyone's farm ethics practises
You know what you are doing you got it good man that's all I can say as much as I don't wanna admit envy is definitely in the air the rural life is where it's at I feel like an idiot commenting on your grow in the first place I shame myself nobody questions anyone's farm ethics practices when they have a tractor

M

McPappaGreens

You know what you are doing you got it good man that's all I can say as much as I don't wanna admit envy is definitely in the air the rural life is where it's at I feel like an idiot commenting on your grow in the first place I shame myself nobody questions anyone's farm ethics practises
Oops I replied to that twice all I have is a house garage I can't use a shed I had to build cause I couldn't use the garage an my little veggy garden already mulched up everything ready for next year I have tomatoes that came back from the tomatoes I mulched that I couldn't use or give away ones with the worm bites here or there or was just too lazy to pick but they will get chopped up again before winter and sit on top as my thermal barrier I could keep it above 65 with a heater if I wanted too but don't like having an extension cord running in the brittle winter snow not a good combo but all aside I grow some pretty good tomatoes for my 5th year run with tomatoes I grow other veggies you name it it's been in my garden but tomatoes are probably the easiest to grow for seasoned vets and the hardest to grow for newby gardeners I say that cause new people tend to forget to water or over water so I like maters cause there more of a challenge I think even more so than cannabis and I'm no season vet by any means when it comes to gardening though I have done allot of research like more than most grad students on Thier 4th year of college and still haven't mastered everything I blabber too much have fun good luck and God bless all

Lilolme

Lilolme

You know what you are doing you got it good man that's all I can say as much as I don't wanna admit envy is definitely in the air the rural life is where it's at I feel like an idiot commenting on your grow in the first place I shame myself nobody questions anyone's farm ethics practices when they have a tractor lol
Haha yea it has its advantages livin here, I was social distancing long before it became fashionable. I appreciate any input good, bad, indifferent, funny, pics of dogs. I used to get hollered at by an admin all the time for sneakin guns into my pics I’ve learned to behave now. I consider myself an advanced noob and I am open to everything

Lilolme

Lilolme

People have whined oops I mean said that this part of the process seems painfully slow. After watchin the veg and early flower cycles with the pdq building of the structural stuff watchin the buds develop is like watchin water evaporate in a sauna. I don’t look at em every 45 seconds so I really notice the daily changes, little by little a much more complex process than makin stems and leaves is happenin. I gave a little squeeze on one and my fingers came back wet with resins, AWESOME! Ok so calm down and let the time tick by they are workin on it, and don’t do anything stupid
F5E400CF 7273 4314 AE6D C79BE257CF1F
B1AEFA0D 207F 4812 BC49 E22C22624E3A
582D60B5 0698 457A AF88 38F8DCA9B23F
8A14F928 C22E 4FEE B8FC CF595F2AEE37
EEE93C3A 6651 4A0F AF27 EA49D2D48540
68101644 1AAB 4616 A5A1 9A91CF302EF0

Lilolme

Lilolme

I see the hush has fallen over the crowd, typical for the late stages, the battle is nearly over, our soldiers are battered and bruised. Visions of glorious victory have dimmed, yet the battle continues nonetheless. Pick up the flag, grab the drum, march, FIGHT!

Lilolme

Lilolme

Enter The Dragon, the protector of unripened buds, sheilding them from the hands of over zealous under experienced noobies, reminding them there is no goin back once the deed is done. You’ve waited months whats a few more weeks?. 4 days since a waterin I’m either soakin em better or they’re usin less either way they were ready for another long slow drink, I detect a little color appearin its hard to tell under the leds. 9 weeks tomorrow, will it be 10? 11? 12? Stay tuned for more updates and interesting snippets of genious
F7F6EA6A 08DD 4AAA 841F B9EFC7BBC4B1
C055AC50 1A59 479C 95DB B17EE5F0F8E5

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Enter The Dragon, the protector of unripened buds, sheilding them from the hands of over zealous under experienced noobies, reminding them there is no goin back once the deed is done. You’ve waited months whats a few more weeks?. 4 days since a waterin I’m either soakin em better or they’re usin less either way they were ready for another long slow drink, I detect a little color appearin its hard to tell under the leds. 9 weeks tomorrow, will it be 10? 11? 12? Stay tuned for more updates and interesting snippets of genious View attachment 1171933View attachment 1171934
The suspense!

So what EXACTLY are you looking for to know when you want to harvest? I'm layman's terms por favor :)

Lilolme

Lilolme

The suspense!

So what EXACTLY are you looking for to know when you want to harvest? I'm layman's terms por favor :)
When most of the trichomes are cloudy and some have begun to turn color checking in the shaded areas of the buds not on top of the leaves. I just shine my flashlight on the sides and look for the twinkle of the clear trics, shiners I call em, when there are a lot of milky not shiny start lookin for the color change, if you see a mix of a few clear and lots of milky start checkin every couple of days you don’t want a lot of colored or amber ones but you do want to see a few of them it indicates the thc production is at its peak and its chop chop time. I encourage watchin some utube on it

Lilolme

Lilolme

The suspense!

I took samples from several places, the white pistil production seems to be playin out, the brown pistils are curlin in, I saw a mix of not a lot but some clear with lots of milky and a few amber trichomes. 9 weeks today, will let em go another week that will put the Sour Diesel at 70 days or ten weeks a highly suggested harvest time and the green crack will be 2 weeks past the estimated ripening time. Feelin pretty good about the timing. Take everything into consideration, even if you don’t get it just right this time you will have a much better idea how to judge the next round

Lilolme

Lilolme

The suspense!

Notice the brown pistils are curlin in and the newer white ones are layin down instead of standin up, the trics were pretty cloudy with just a small amount of amber colored scattered around as seen on several test sites on the bud. I’m fairly confident in a week they will be in the ready window that will give me another week at least
E40AA5C4 7D28 4CE1 A82A A8E7BF83BF76
60EF9E04 3B4A 4968 810C DD037F372169
giving just water so they use up nutes stored in the plants and roots

Latest posts

Top Bottom