From The Ground Up, Let's Go!

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

Watching grass grow...

5,5' on centers

Im waiting on 6 pallets of dirt and perlite to get here so I can transplant into beds...

Gotta install the 5 can 150s, 10 wall fans, 3 quest dehuys, and hook up the humifider...and she will be finished...

Been vegging in 3, 5, 8, and 10 gallon containers...

Going to run 4 DE and 6 vert HPS in the smaller room..

Busy is good!
Fun in the sun

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Watching grass grow...

5,5' on centers

Im waiting on 6 pallets of dirt and perlite to get here so I can transplant into beds...

Gotta install the 5 can 150s, 10 wall fans, 3 quest dehuys, and hook up the humifider...and she will be finished...

Busy is good!
View attachment 467390
Hell YA! So nice billy! Eager to see how the NL DEs work for you

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Watching grass grow...

5,5' on centers

Busy is good!
View attachment 467390
Some mighty tall grass.. Wow the room looks tip top.. Can't wait for the show..

Billyboat

Billyboat

Hell YA! So nice billy! Eager to see how the NL DEs work for you

Thanks! I still gotta tidy up the ceiling as I ran out of zip ties...

I'm very curious to see how the NL's work, I'm tempted to run one side with the Phillips bulbs and one side with the standard NL DE bulb. I have a friend of mine in PNW who ran the NL beside a Gavita and he said he did better with the nano, but he didn't have any pictures or anything

nice! yo, what are those boxes on the cielings? in the center, is it a load center or a relay?

confu

3 of the boxes are helios 8's, I split the room into 3 banks, that way I can run 24k off a 100 amp 3 phase panel and my relay boxes for the dehuy and humifider are also on the ceiling.

I won't use or buy the titan load centers again, all it is, is a 50-60 amp relay and 4 outlets. I could have made these for 40 bucks each, next room is going to be all 220v plugs above each light and all wires in conduit, wired to relays.

I'm still learning as I go.

Some mighty tall grass.. Wow the room looks tip top.. Can't wait for the show..
Gonna have to pull up a seat. Great work man.

Thanks!
Going to be ready to flip in a few weeks!

Billyboat

Billyboat

Killer setup Billyboat! Question for you sir. Did you caulk the seams on the osb or are you counting on the tyvek to keep that sealed? Can't wait to see you crushing it in there!

I caulked the seams as we built the walls and was super picky about everything butting up to each board as tight as can be, I also spackled the seams before paint, and used expandable foam on all corner seams. This place is sealed up tight as can be. All seams of the Tyvek were also tapped and sealed as well. These 2x6 walls also lean up against another set of walls that were already built in the warehouse and they are drywall on top of osb.

Cheers!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I caulked the seams as we built the walls and was super picky about everything butting up to each board as tight as can be, I also spackled the seams before paint, and used expandable foam on all corner seams. This place is sealed up tight as can be. All seams of the Tyvek were also tapped and sealed as well. These 2x6 walls also lean up against another set of walls that were already built in the warehouse and they are drywall on top of osb.

Cheers!
Thanks Billyboat! I'm about to build out in a new spot and have been looking at different ways to do it. I'm digging the way you set up yours and will be definitely copying some of what you have done. My last buildout I didn't use treated lumber on the bottom of the frames and the drywall I put up kept getting mold. I'm in a high humidity area and have been researching the tyvek for a bit now. I really don't want to deal with greenboard so I think osb/tyvek is gonna be the best route.

Thanks again!

Billyboat

Billyboat

So I got the NCCS all hooked up and I must say its freaking bad ass.

For those wondering, you don't need wifi at all to set this up or to have it running.

You do need a PC based computer, not a tablet or phone, but an actual computer, to set up the program on to the Data Transfer Unit (DTU). The programs is super easy and once programmed, it is saved onto the DTU and you no longer need a PC, unless you want to change a setting.

Each DTU runs up to 999 ballasts per room.

You do have to buy a RTU (remote transfer unit) for every ballast, its like a jump drive.

High temp shut off and automatic dimming are all adjustable.

Sunrise and sunset features are also an option

You can not change a setting remotely.

If the power goes out, the system automatically remembers the settings and starts right back up like nothing happened.

It has all the features of a Gavita ECM but with many more expansion options to come, as the new year progresses.

For this 20 light room, I spent less then 300 bucks for all the NCCS equipment, and I didn't have to run a single wire, except for the temp probe and power cord for the DTU.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Thanks Billyboat! I'm about to build out in a new spot and have been looking at different ways to do it. I'm digging the way you set up yours and will be definitely copying some of what you have done. My last buildout I didn't use treated lumber on the bottom of the frames and the drywall I put up kept getting mold. I'm in a high humidity area and have been researching the tyvek for a bit now. I really don't want to deal with greenboard so I think osb/tyvek is gonna be the best route.

Thanks again!

If I had to do it all over again, which I will be doing soon, forgot wood and framing...

Walk in cooler....I got a quote for only 17k delivered for the same size room.

8" thick celing, super air tight, and you can take it with you come tear down time...

Any ideas or questions ya have, hit me up any time!

I did treated lumber as my base board too, along with the footer of the wall.

sixstring

sixstring

So I got the NCCS all hooked up and I must say its freaking bad ass.

For those wondering, you don't need wifi at all to set this up or to have it running.

You do need a PC based computer, not a tablet or phone, but an actual computer, to set up the program on to the Data Transfer Unit (DTU). The programs is super easy and once programmed, it is saved onto the DTU and you no longer need a PC, unless you want to change a setting.

Each DTU runs up to 999 ballasts per room.

You do have to buy a RTU (remote transfer unit) for every ballast, its like a jump drive.

High temp shut off and automatic dimming are all adjustable.

Sunrise and sunset features are also an option

You can not change a setting remotely.

If the power goes out, the system automatically remembers the settings and starts right back up like nothing happened.

It has all the features of a Gavita ECM but with many more expansion options to come, as the new year progresses.

For this 20 light room, I spent less then 300 bucks for all the NCCS equipment, and I didn't have to run a single wire, except for the temp probe and power cord for the DTU.

so did you get a tester deal on the equipment or is it really that affordable?so with those rtu i can see how you would need one for each light for the system to be wireless,which is badass imo.but now i wonder does the RTU run other stuff like exhaust fans or dehuy?so whats with the mobile apps they were talkin up,is that solely for viewing settings? the way you explained it nothing but a pc can make changes so my cell phone is useless.seems really cheap

Billyboat

Billyboat

so did you get a tester deal on the equipment or is it really that affordable?so with those rtu i can see how you would need one for each light for the system to be wireless,which is badass imo.but now i wonder does the RTU run other stuff like exhaust fans or dehuy?so whats with the mobile apps they were talkin up,is that solely for viewing settings? the way you explained it nothing but a pc can make changes so my cell phone is useless.seems really cheap

The hydro shop I buy all my equipment from always hooks me up with a discount, but I'm just another customer, I'm not a rep or anything like that.

The RTU simply plugs into the ballast, thats all it runs.

The DTU has the ability to run Co2, Exhaust fans, and other devices but currently those options with the NCCS program are still being ironed out.

The mobile app is still being designed and isn't live at the current moment.
I'm an iphone user, and they told me they are having trouble with apple.

I feel like the first batch is almost like beta testing and they are adding features as time allows.

How does the system sound cheap?

So far I'm pretty impressed with the overall quality of the Nanolux stuff, only time will tell.

I see it as the total opposite, no other company out there is offering anything remotely close.
Phillips, nothing
Gavita, has their ECM's but you need to run a cat5 cable to each ballast, major pain when your talking 20+ units.

I had one of the double ended wires break off of one bulb, and the Nanolux tech support, personally drove up a replacement bulb to my hydro shop. Pretty sweet customer service.

sixstring

sixstring

i meant cheap in a good way bro,my el2 controller was 50 bucks more if i remember right but its lacking in one thing i want and thats control away from the grow.i really wasnt bothered by the extra cable it takes to daisy chain these ballasts but my dad is a retired phone guy so im real familiar with the cable lol.would be nice using the rtu,just wonder how they designed it to stop rf from other sources,like maybe the neighbors garage door rf turning something on or off.i guess more info will come out as they get it all sorted.im still leaning towards nano's down the middle of my room and gavitas along the walls.do you know if they have the other shaped reflectors out for sale yet and what the other footprints are yet?

Billyboat

Billyboat

i meant cheap in a good way bro,my el2 controller was 50 bucks more if i remember right but its lacking in one thing i want and thats control away from the grow.i really wasnt bothered by the extra cable it takes to daisy chain these ballasts but my dad is a retired phone guy so im real familiar with the cable lol.would be nice using the rtu,just wonder how they designed it to stop rf from other sources,like maybe the neighbors garage door rf turning something on or off.i guess more info will come out as they get it all sorted.im still leaning towards nano's down the middle of my room and gavitas along the walls.do you know if they have the other shaped reflectors out for sale yet and what the other footprints are yet?

I gotcha! The DTU sells for like 75-80 bucks and the RTU's are like 12 bucks each.

I'm not sure about RF interference, but I know there are all kind of ways to shield RF noise, just not sure what approach they have used.

I don't think the plug and play fixtures are out yet, and I'm not sure on the different layouts, I'm sure I can find out for ya.

lurrabq

lurrabq

Thanks everyone for the kind words and motivation!

It's 1/2" emt with 4 pipe hanger per 10' section, no wires ran through it, I did this so I can adjust the spacing of the lights at any point. It seems very strong, and with only 5 lights per row and two different points to spread the load, I can't ever imagine it buckling.
Did the electrical inspector let you get away with that.....or was there one?

Top Bottom