Frosty's Tent SHOW..... Come on it but Bring a Jacket!

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

frostedlove,
the conversion factor is not math that you need to be computing necessarily. There are different standards for different meters that read in ppm. The 2 standards are .5 and .7 The more common here in the US is .5 My Hanna meter is .5 for instance. Shady is just trying to make certain that there is no confusion on the numbers that you are giving him since there are 2 different standards with ppm. Maybe it's just simpler to ask what type of meter you are measuring ppm with.

-TF

F

frostedlove

Range: 0 - 9990 ppm (mg/L)

Resolution: 1 ppm (0-999 ppm); 10 ppm (1000-9990 ppm)

Accuracy: +/- 3%

Conversion Factor: NaCl (avg. 0.5)

so yea its a .5 usa model
I figure i need to be a heavier feeder
My last round i feed light and this one I feed a little more heavy
where should i bee at--1200ppm i read is high

i stay at 700-800 never been in the 900 even with a BUDbooster
which always raise your ppm too

I am getting it mored dialed on this run and next.. I AM ROCKING it SHADY style with supper detailed notes of feeding and such.....

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
HEY SHADY WHAT DO YOU MEAN CONVERSION FACTOR???????

i dont do any math with my ppm I just stick it in and what it says it says?
If i have to .5 it then I been feading at 1/2 of what my meter says?

I am confussed?:worried

girls on week 5

I Ph my feed at 5.7-6.0 .......any where in there is good right?

i got a simple tds meter HM.....just a cheapy
Definitely too low on the PPM's for Week 5 of bloom... Especially if you've got more wattage this round than the previous. Also as I see you expanding your grow op, I suspect you'll prob have CO2 in the future where you'll have to feed even higher PPM's to match your CO2 PPM's... One other point I'd like to mention is that my coco Round 8 was set at lower PPM's since I was automating my watering from the res to occur every 3 hrs as opposed to my soil Round 9 which was hand watered at higher PPM's every 3 days or so... In other words the frequency of feeding also relates to the strength of the nutrient mix to keep things in balance... :thinking

Here's a good link I've had in my bookmarks regarding PPM's, EC, and pH:
http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?22-pH-EC-TDS-PPM

soaringfast

soaringfast

Frosted, if you are in the bay area I can hook you up with some Urkel cuts.

I can let you know how to grow them is a very simple way and you will have the shit.
I have never checked ph, ppms, and my room runs on the warm side and I still get color every time.

Let me know

IMG 4250
F

frostedlove

Definitely too low on the PPM's for Week 5 of bloom... Especially if you've got more wattage this round than the previous. Also as I see you expanding your grow op, I suspect you'll prob have CO2 in the future where you'll have to feed even higher PPM's to match your CO2 PPM's... One other point I'd like to mention is that my coco Round 8 was set at lower PPM's since I was automating my watering from the res to occur every 3 hrs as opposed to my soil Round 9 which was hand watered at higher PPM's every 3 days or so... In other words the frequency of feeding also relates to the strength of the nutrient mix to keep things in balance... :thinking

Here's a good link I've had in my bookmarks regarding PPM's, EC, and pH:
http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?22-pH-EC-TDS-PPM

coolio bro-----you r spot ON ! Thanks YODIA
I knew I been feeding tooo low but I just seen too many NOBS on here burn there plants up! I been scared....:lock: I am going to open up the door a little more

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
So to quantify this, lol, Shady at a .5 how high would you run your sativa doms? I always get worried that I'm not seeing the organic elements like the BudSwell for instance as far as ppms go. You know what I mean? I have a base that has been working for me for sometime, and you know how some growers are, we stick to what has worked and tweek a bit. FF for instance suggests 1540-1680 ppms/2.2-2.4 EC for their feeding in week 8 of bloom. I would be scared to burn my ladies more then just the nice tip burn sought after lol, so what's a safe number to hover at on the "higher end" pushing them? I understand it's strain dependent and nute regimen dependent, but what's a good "rule of thumb"? I think Frosty said he has an HM PPM meter, the tan/grayish model? Just curious as you seem pretty on it as far as notes and testing goes, Shady. Hope this helps you as well Frosty.

Cheers,
Crom

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey frosted love, those yellow ring spot thingys look a lot like downey mildew...

F

frostedlove

midWEEK FIVER!

Feed the girls to a higher leval today-----we HIT the 1000 ppm

fingers crossed the girls handle it........HEHHEHE scared little dad.

been over an hour and no signs of offer feed yet............

They were thirsty----damn drank all 20 gallons and wanted more! got to get bigger res soon.

OH GOD THEY R FILLING OUT SO NICE!

WHERES THE PURPLE FROSTY you say????????
well I have found it........ITS creeping up from under neath! First time with this URKel and look today under leaves and BAM all purple! BRING IT BABY

week55.jpg
week51.jpg
week52.jpg
week54.jpg
week59.jpg
week56.jpg
week58.jpg
week57.jpg

F

frostedlove

heading INTO 6th

Well here are some updated pics of the girls!

I am a little bumbed and depressed on the farm right now. Our newist babies, well there not doing so well due too the fact that I OVER FEED THEM! Nice fooliage feed burn! DAMN NOB

I am horrible at vegg grow....I mess up so much my plants! DAMN I need to spend alot more learning time on veg and veg prep!

Well we cant all be SHADY"S now can we.......lol

Live and learn,,,, each round we get better that I am sure of...

enough of my sad stories and tears of frustration! Here are a few updated pics of the girls.....who are having fun swelling up and ending there lives every so slowly....

6weeks2.jpg
6weeks3.jpg
6weeks1.jpg
6weeks6.jpg
6weeks5.jpg
6weeks4.jpg
6weeks9.jpg
6weeks8.jpg
6weeks7.jpg

Wont be long now....They got there first good flush yesterday!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Well we cant all be SHADY"S now can we.......lol

Live and learn,,,, each round we get better that I am sure of...

NO offense to Shady, I am not sure burning plants is a good thing.

Different types of methods on feeding. I like less is more.

Some like to push until there is burning then back off. ( I was taught this when I first started growing)

imho, when there is burning, then you already went too far.

Got to consider all the factors: Strain, enviroment, c02 or not, medium.

On positive note: Now you know what is too much! So next time will know better.
No worries though, will still probably pull a winner harvest!!

Lead

F

frostedlove

NO offense to Shady, I am not sure burning plants is a good thing.Lead

HUH????

you got confused or I did not write it right..

We all cant be shady as in------- he kicks ass and his plants rock----he DONT burn plants---I DO:worried--HELL NOBODY should burn plants...

BURNS R NO WHERE NEAR ANYTHING YOU WOULD WANT

lol

live and learn! and grow better next time

just sucks next time takes weeks to recover.

EVERYTIME you mess up you can add a week on to the whole game...

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
HUH????

We all cant be shady as in------- he kicks ass and his plants rock----he DONT burn plants---I DO:worried--HELL NOBODY should burn plants...

Maybe I am confusing you. lol. I agree Shady kicks ass, love the knowledge he shares..

Burning plants happens sometimes when trying to see how far you can go. All part of learning.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
So to quantify this, lol, Shady at a .5 how high would you run your sativa doms? I always get worried that I'm not seeing the organic elements like the BudSwell for instance as far as ppms go. You know what I mean? I have a base that has been working for me for sometime, and you know how some growers are, we stick to what has worked and tweek a bit. FF for instance suggests 1540-1680 ppms/2.2-2.4 EC for their feeding in week 8 of bloom. I would be scared to burn my ladies more then just the nice tip burn sought after lol, so what's a safe number to hover at on the "higher end" pushing them? I understand it's strain dependent and nute regimen dependent, but what's a good "rule of thumb"? I think Frosty said he has an HM PPM meter, the tan/grayish model? Just curious as you seem pretty on it as far as notes and testing goes, Shady. Hope this helps you as well Frosty.

Cheers,
Crom
As you said Crom... It's strain dependent, but also dependent on many factors such as medium, nutrients, wattage, and use of supplemental CO2... All things considered, Sativas are light feeders and I would suspect and a heavily sativa dominant hybrid would feed on the lighter to medium range of PPM's. Also you need to take into account the total flowering duration which is much longer for sativas than indicas... Sativas also have a larger harvest window. In any event, I can't really comment on FF nutes as I have not used them yet... To err on the side of caution, always start low and work your way up in 100 to 150 PPM increments each week depending on all those variables until you see a burn beginning, then back off... :cool

HUH????

BURNS R NO WHERE NEAR ANYTHING YOU WOULD WANT

lol

live and learn! and grow better next time

just sucks next time takes weeks to recover.

EVERYTIME you mess up you can add a week on to the whole game...
Thx for the kind words bro... I'm not perfect, but less is always more when learning a new strain... BTW, I burned the shit out of my White Widow in Round 3... Rookie mistake in veg... Now I stay around 600 PPM for mature plants in veg give or take 100 PPM.. :thinking

Maybe I am confusing you. lol. I agree Shady kicks ass, love the knowledge he shares..

Burning plants happens sometimes when trying to see how far you can go. All part of learning.
Thx buddy, you've shared some good info as well... And I concur and have said it before... Less is more... :rock

F

frostedlove

Stinky stinky stink

Filters were not keeping up

3 letters for ya ONA

kicks ass so far! Will keep yall posted on how long it last.

Will shoot some purple shots today! Got a week left and they are going purple....

F

frostedlove

final flush---final week or maybe longer????

purpleee21.jpg
purpleee1.jpg

SO og's are yellowing up all around, the headbands as well but the purples have no sign of ready to die yet.....soooo who knows how long.....keep them going till there done. I like my fruit ripe on the vine........

I sure hate going to the dispensary to buy my meds:mooning<-------- thats not a moon but hi I am hear to get raped on a small bag of nugglets...........,:smiley_joint:.......Thank you..... but soon......oh sweet soon.........my mouth is watering! HOME GROWN GOODNESS!:harvest:

I will shoot OG's latter, they are just deep in the room and did not want to bring them out......but boy oh boy do they shine like some diamonds in the sky......:party0042:

Hope all you out there have a good new year!

Cort

Cort

I wish someone would invent the Wonka Vision PC monitor so I could lick that sugar.

Got a tissue? Im drooling.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Frosty bud shots FTW!!! :sign0005:

F

frostedlove

I wish someone would invent the Wonka Vision PC monitor so I could lick that sugar.

Got a tissue? Im drooling.

Frosty bud shots FTW!!! :sign0005:

I am stoked that my plants have decided to follow along with my name!!!!!!
Glade I didnt choose hugebud or monsterbud.....cause I would be screwed....They are frost covered but they are not any donkey-------> but will see how things turn out...
always room to grow!

One week, and counting.........

Thanks for all the props! I just love taking the bud shots sooo much

sooo I will do a poster print job and get some bigs shots blown up!

waayne

waayne

Beautiful pics man
That looks delicious!
Have a happy harvest :harvest:

Top Bottom