Girl scout cookie genetics and availability?

• Thread starter UrbanGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
People are now saying that the GSC is Florida og x Durban f1. I recently got to smoke some Florida og for the first time. Those buds next to my cut I got of triangle kush I can't say are spot on as the samples smoked were grow by two different people (the Florida og by a homie and the triangle kush by myself) but I can say they are so similar it's wild. I know lots of og cuts are similar or may be an s1 of a different og cut....don't get me wrong but all I'm saying is that they are close. Iv gathered that the f1 Durban is a lil creation the original breeder made so I doubt any of us will come by the male but, the farm has some outstanding members with great genetic lists. I'd like to see if we as a community could maybe remake something similar to cookies but even better. The og cut to use is def the triangle kush cut. (The tk cut that is the lower yielder but packs the hardest punch, not the higher not as strong other phenos)

Just something that popped in my head and thought it might be cool to do. Somehow the thin mint cut got tagged as the forum cut referring to the other canna forum....so we here at the farm need a "thcfarmer cut" of a remastered and better version. Not saying the thin mint or "forum" isn't fire.... I love smoking the herb but it would be cool to start some brainstorming on this newnew thcfarmer cut :)

Then again I'm just a canna lover who gets baked and get wild ideas that run thru my head lol. Sorry about my lil rant lol

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
First I m not a hater! Second I wouldn t down t mean g s c is only special only because of Fla for. All strains are special. Sorry but my phone is messed up from an accident in my truck. Anyway, it is frosty but so are alot of strains when grown right. And they all have different highs as well. Your own body. Chemistry also comes into play. As for my seeds I ll leave that a secret for now. But I do have over 100 different samples of Durban alone! Been collecting growing and breeding 51 years now. Started sunshine seeds just before sacred seeds co. Also worked with them some. So although I know a little I may be wrong from time to time.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
so we here at the farm need a "thcfarmer cut" of a remastered and better version. Not saying the thin mint or "forum" isn't fire.... I love smoking the herb but it would be cool to start some brainstorming on this newnew thcfarmer cut :)

Then again I'm just a canna lover who gets baked and get wild ideas that run thru my head lol. Sorry about my lil rant lol

I like that idea a lot, but would prefer it be a clone only of unique genetic makeup. We need a completely convoluted story that has been reinterpreted 87 times that explains how the cut came to be.

outwest

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I like that idea a lot, but would prefer it be a clone only of unique genetic makeup. We need a completely convoluted story that has been reinterpreted 87 times that explains how the cut came to be.

outwest
Not a problem.....we can manage that...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Problem with making a new cut is you need to start from seed
That seed must have all the genetic matter that was in the g s c cut., then you need to breed everything else out. Then you can have a true copy or cut. But all that can take years of work unless you get very lucky. Ive dune this with Ak-47 before and it was very hard, and that was my own strain!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Well grown NL#5 TRUMPS cookies on the potency.
Maybe the person growing these cookies at the Hemp Center is just doing a really good job and whatever plant they grew would prob be super! The genetics help but that's just a baseline, the best growers get the plants to express their true colors :p

Cookies are bomb, skunk #1 was bomber, jmo
Skunk #1 from the early 90's was frostier than cookies, stankier & tastier, again imo

I would take a bomb ass NL5 cut all day any day over any 'elite' cut out there. It's one of the original 'elites'.

I agree that the 'best' grower is one who harvests the truest genetic expression of the strain. Ive got the 'forum' cut at about 10 days into flower. Will post some photos when it's worth looking at.

outwest

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

Problem with making a new cut is you need to start from seed
That seed must have all the genetic matter that was in the g s c cut., then you need to breed everything else out. Then you can have a true copy or cut. But all that can take years of work unless you get very lucky. Ive dune this with Ak-47 before and it was very hard, and that was my own strain!
It's a beautiful journey
I would take a bomb ass NL5 cut all day any day over any 'elite' cut out there. It's one of the original 'elites'.

I agree that the 'best' grower is one who harvests the truest genetic expression of the strain. Ive got the 'forum' cut at about 10 days into flower. Will post some photos when it's worth looking at.

outwest
Agreed. NL5 is a lifetime favorite

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I ve used NL5 alot in breeding. Some of thoughs crosses produced monster trees!

K

kushsmoker30

dam why is every 1 trying to get there hands on GSC?
i like "The Cookies" thats the real 1, go to the hemp center in SF u won't find GSC on there self.....only The Cookies n a few other Cookie crosses.
i don't think most have tried the real Cookies

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It's a beautiful journey

Agreed. NL5 is a lifetime favorite

Whenever I think about nl5 I always recall a few years ago . . . A buddy of mine was over, he's huge, 6' 3" 350lbs. We smoked out on some nl5. He's just standing in my kitchen giggling endlessly to himself, almost in tears, and he says. "I'm so fucking high!"

Elite!

outwest

S

sumo

Got a clone last spring from hope net labeled "poison x kush"..wonder if it was that Durban x og kush cut...I haven't been on top of my ganja game and lost her after doing a lil outdoor spring harvest. Doh!! lost her and cherry pie which I did sample and was super bomb! Very uplifting. Light but potent herb.loved it...

Now I got GSC & platinum GSC going which I was very skeptical of at first cus all the retard hype. But since cherry was bomb can't to see what I can do with her...I think I may have gotten chemdog instead of GSC cus she looks like chemdog and nothing like the pics I see on here of GSC .. Platinum GSC is legit though, looks identical to pics on here. She grows slow as fock and super lush green, kinda grows funky.

What's better GSC or plat. GSC?

S

sumo

Also I can't believe it took so long for Durban to get the attention it deserves.. Peeps been sleeping on that strain for yeeeeeears! They used to have a fire cut of it at the third floor back in the days..and was known dank, then never saw it again in clone... A cross I have always wanted to do is pre98 bubba x durban. I think that would be a great cross. Get some nice big fast sativa plants with bubba nuggets everywhere. Then combo of the two flavors would be bananas!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Also I can't believe it took so long for Durban to get the attention it deserves.. Peeps been sleeping on that strain for yeeeeeears! They used to have a fire cut of it at the third floor back in the days..and was known dank, then never saw it again in clone... A cross I have always wanted to do is pre98 bubba x durban. I think that would be a great cross. Get some nice big fast sativa plants with bubba nuggets everywhere. Then combo of the two flavors would be bananas!
good to see someone who knows the third floor...lol
You know where that SSH they had went to? I'd take that over cookies all day long!

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
good to see someone who knows the third floor...lol
You know where that SSH they had went to? I'd take that over cookies all day long!

Baba have you seen High Times Dec centerfold?.....Im saving it for you:D

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Is this SSH cut your talking about baba the same as the oldsog cut? I believe it is. The oldsog cut finishes in 55 days and is a beast. One of the biggest yielding plants iv came across...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Is this SSH cut your talking about baba the same as the oldsog cut? I believe it is. The oldsog cut finishes in 55 days and is a beast. One of the biggest yielding plants iv came across...
I don't think it is, if the oldsog cut has dark brick red hairs and a cherry dark flavor then yes, but all The SSH I see besides that one speciman are grassy with lighter hairs and boring as hell and they YIELD huge so people grow it.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
This third floor SSH was a 63-69 day strain and was almost red in color versus lime green or lighter like most SSH out there, was denser than the typical SSH too, wasn't as big as yielder as the grassy SSH that dominates Humboldt and Cali..

S

sumo

@BabaG yeah I wish all those third floor strains where still around man! I dont think i ever ran that SSH, but There used to be sooooo many dank varietys, now it's just a bunch of crosses or renamed s1's. Fucking sucks:( Cali pot scene has never been the same since that place closed imo. Quality clone supply and quality herb goes hand in hand. The golden years are long gone, but there's no reason none of that can happen again, just like it did before. I just don't think a lot people experienced excellence, and just think what we go now is it. I have these old strain lists from 04' that the third floor used to hand out of what clones they carried. As the years go by the list becomes kind of a time capsule. I love looking at the old strains on that list. I'll post em up when I get a chance, I think you'd get a kick out of it

Latest posts

Top Bottom