Girl Scout Cookies & Friends

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Goo have a couple questions for ya ... i am using soil now in a bed , it's time to harvest... want to switch over to coco... do u have a fav ..coco? and suggestions for nutes along with or a thread which would be most helpful ....perhaps should just start my own thread and get everyones advice. Thanks M

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Here's some abused cookies coming down tomorrow. Cold water temps really affected these but I made it to the end! Lesson learned. :asshat:

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Goo have a couple questions for ya ... i am using soil now in a bed , it's time to harvest... want to switch over to coco... do u have a fav ..coco? and suggestions for nutes along with or a thread which would be most helpful ....perhaps should just start my own thread and get everyones advice. Thanks M
My favorite coco is Canna Coco>>> but with nutes its a toss up bcuz I've did good with them all... If u want cheep but killer quality but ain't 2 worried bout yield I'd use BioBizz <<JUSS THE BASE.. killer results but not the biggest yield... If yield is what ur lookin 4 I've killed it With Heavy 16 full line...If u want easy & cheap I'd say Flora Nova...
But like I said in my garden nute brands don't matter I juss use anything I have on hand & I'm still Killin it.. If ur room is dialed then u will get killer results with any nutes u use..

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

My favorite coco is Canna Coco>>> but with nutes its a toss up bcuz I've did good with them all... If u want cheep but killer quality but ain't 2 worried bout yield I'd use BioBizz <<JUSS THE BASE.. killer results but not the biggest yield... If yield is what ur lookin 4 I've killed it With Heavy 16 full line...If u want easy & cheap I'd say Flora Nova...
But like I said in my garden nute brands don't matter I juss use anything I have on hand & I'm still Killin it.. If ur room is dialed then u will get killer results with any nutes u use..

Canna Coco FTW ! Every other one I've tried has come out of the bag salty with fukd up ph . House and Garden AB , calmag+ , silica for ph up , a little MOAB , Beanie tea , and a light hand at feeding .. you'll love it .

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Think will go with canna coco ,,just watched video on it.... thats a no brainer on the yield... but have u done a whole tray before 4 x 4 ... just realized i probably have to start in coco right outta cloner ? not existing plants transplanted from soil... are u mixing 50/ 50 or 75/25 perilite? or any at all?

N

nightmarecreature

Canna Coco FTW ! Every other one I've tried has come out of the bag salty with fukd up ph . House and Garden AB , calmag+ , silica for ph up , a little MOAB , Beanie tea , and a light hand at feeding .. you'll love it .

Most of the coco in the brick is going to be salty. Bag coco is usually low salt ppm. I'm shocked to find out that General Hydro coco in the brick, is ready to go if you just add water. I would still check the ppm because bricks could vary. I bought 4 different brands.

These are the brick coco, I've tested. They are in order from cheapest to most expensive, which is only a $2 difference.
NF Coco(Unknown)
General Hydro (Low salt, ready to use in the brick)
Roots(High Salt)
Earth Juice (High Salt)

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

Think will go with canna coco ,,just watched video on it.... thats a no brainer on the yield... but have u done a whole tray before 4 x 4 ... just realized i probably have to start in coco right outta cloner ? not existing plants transplanted from soil... are u mixing 50/ 50 or 75/25 perilite? or any at all?

Im not adding perilite any more , used too though . Just straight coco . Never done a tray but thought about it , I use 12 * 1 gallon smart pots in a 4' * 2' tent . They pack in tight, almost like a bed . You can go much smaller media volume than soil ....

I veg my clones in small cups of coco , then switch to 1 gallon smarties . Just have to remember to water the coco very well WITH nutes when transplanting , otherwise you will see deficiency because Coco is so neutral ...

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've mixed 75/25 b4 just 2 make it stretch but I seen no difference if I used 100% COCO >>> I've also transplanted from small cups of soil in2 coco with no issues..I've transplanted from coco 2 soil also & no issues..
I grow in a 5x5 tent with 3 gal smart pots

N

nightmarecreature

Im not adding perilite any more , used too though . Just straight coco . Never done a tray but thought about it , I use 12 * 1 gallon smart pots in a 4' * 2' tent . They pack in tight, almost like a bed . You can go much smaller media volume than soil ....

I veg my clones in small cups of coco , then switch to 1 gallon smarties . Just have to remember to water the coco very well WITH nutes when transplanting , otherwise you will see deficiency because Coco is so neutral ...
You pretty much do everything the way I do it. I soak my coco in PHed cal/mag.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Interesting the brick would be less salt... yes read that in bags it has been rinsed with water for less salt... so soil to coco worked ... cool.. thanks everyone..

N

nightmarecreature

Interesting the brick would be less salt... yes read that in bags it has been rinsed with water for less salt... so soil to coco worked ... cool.. thanks everyone..
So far General Hydro coco has been the best quality coco in brick form, it had very low salt to the point where I can use it without rinsing. The guy at the hydro store told me he likes the brick NF coco, it is slightly cheaper. I have a brick and will be testing it soon. The texture looks good on the NF coco but the salt content needs to be checked. The NF cocos says it's prebuffered to prevent cal/mag problems.

The Roots coco sucks, it's hairy and had big chunks in it. It was at like 700ppm of salt.

The Earth Juice coco is more like coffee grounds and has a good texture. It was full of salt 600ppm range. I found a whole bat in this brand once.

Oh yeah, soil to coco is easy. Take a soil plant and rinse the roots off and soak them in B1. Then transplant into coco. After a few days, it will take off.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So far General Hydro coco has been the best quality coco in brick form, it had very low salt to the point where I can use it without rinsing. The guy at the hydro store told me he likes the brick NF coco, it is slightly cheaper. I have a brick and will be testing it soon. The texture looks good on the NF coco but the salt content needs to be checked. The NF cocos says it's prebuffered to prevent cal/mag problems.

The Roots coco sucks, it's hairy and had big chunks in it. It was at like 700ppm of salt.

The Earth Juice coco is more like coffee grounds and has a good texture. It was full of salt 600ppm range. I found a whole bat in this brand once.

Oh yeah, soil to coco is easy. Take a soil plant and rinse the roots off and soak them in B1. Then transplant into coco. After a few days, it will take off.
Thank you ...was going to wait for new clones ..can start right away then..

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Bm, you think the cold water made the gsc get those burnt curled up leaves? I had a few of those pop up last round and thought it was a over feed problem....curious what your take is

I had problems on that round right after i transplanted. The weather got cold and I didnt have a heater in there. They got real pissed and i had leaves like that all over. I thought it was my coco at first but then thought maybe humidity. After that I never thought to watch my water temp and I know it was cold as hell too. 60 - 64 degrees

Anyways I think the cold caused them to lock up. Fucked up alot of leaves so the whole run I barely fed them shit. Many waterings with just 1/4 strength nutes or less tying to figure it out. When I started flushing I got a lot of those dried up burnt looking leaves again.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I had problems on that round right after i transplanted. The weather got cold and I didnt have a heater in there. They got real pissed and i had leaves like that all over. I thought it was my coco at first but then thought maybe humidity. After that I never thought to watch my water temp and I know it was cold as hell too. 60 - 64 degrees

Anyways I think the cold caused them to lock up. Fucked up alot of leaves so the whole run I barely fed them shit. Many waterings with just 1/4 strength nutes or less tying to figure it out. When I started flushing I got a lot of those dried up burnt looking leaves again.

So cold water affects them.... time to get the fish heater out...store my water in 20 gal garbage cans in winter with air hose and fish heater ... works great..

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Bm, you think the cold water made the gsc get those burnt curled up leaves? I had a few of those pop up last round and thought it was a over feed problem....curious what your take is

Was that on your "ThinMint" bagseed cookies?

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
So cold water affects them.... time to get the fish heater out...store my water in 20 gal garbage cans in winter with air hose and fish heater ... works great..

Yeah thats what I got an aquarium heater. Heats it up to the 70's and the plants are back on track now. Cold water will fuck your plants up fo real!

Top Bottom