Girl Scout Cookies & Friends

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

I am dep flipping my cookies (warm dark period, cooler day) for the first month or so: 77 degree days, 80 degree dark. Plan is too cool things down weeks 5-8, with minimal difference between light and dark temps: 75 days, 77 nights. If my a/c can keep up, I will peg the days and nights at 75 for the last week....

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I am dep flipping my cookies (warm dark period, cooler day) for the first month or so: 77 degree days, 80 degree dark. Plan is too cool things down weeks 5-8, with minimal difference between light and dark temps: 75 days, 77 nights. If my a/c can keep up, I will peg the days and nights at 75 for the last week....
Great plan but I'd change the end.. The last 2 weeks let ur night temps drop hella low 2 bring out the cookie colors

Aligee

Aligee

They damn near stretch for a full 3 weeks

Ur 1 week ahead of me.. I bet ur giant monster yields more then my 8 Lil cookies.. Good luck doggie
Once you go vertical youll never go back! Pros: twice as much growing space, no real height limitations and bigger yields all in that same growing space probablly can fit twice as many girls also... Just saying, i use a adjust a wing for veg only then its straight bare bulbs Vert style! Cons: you can burn the shit out of yourself like i did 3 times this week lol oh well fuck it i got tuff skin lol!!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Once you go vertical youll never go back! Pros: twice as much growing space, no real height limitations and bigger yields all in that same growing space probablly can fit twice as many girls also... Just saying, i use a adjust a wing for veg only then its straight bare bulbs Vert style! Cons: you can burn the shit out of yourself like i did 3 times this week lol oh well fuck it i got tuff skin lol!!
I bet u need a powerful AC 2 do that. My 5X5 tent gets 2 85 b4 I turn on the house AC then it drops 2 79.. & my light is air cooled. I would never get away with a bare bulb in my room.. No AC in the grow juss central AC from the house. & I got 2 use that as least as possible..

Aligee

Aligee

I bet u need a powerful AC 2 do that. My 5X5 tent gets 2 85 b4 I turn on the house AC then it drops 2 79.. & my light is air cooled. I would never get away with a bare bulb in my room.. No AC in the grow juss central AC from the house. & I got 2 use that as least as possible..
Before i went barebulbs i used cooltubes! so were theres a will theres a way Doggie Dog!!! got bout 8 cooltubes collecting dust!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
hey Ken, looks like if you trimmed up to the screen on the wall you'd be good for sure. Anyone else agree? I always trim my plants up til about a week and a half into flower. that way, that last half week to week of stretch is perfect for them. I only trim less on strains that don't stretch much, such as a purple kush or something short and squat.

Yes that would b perfect

That is What I will do then!
Thanks you Guys! :)

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

I've heard about the temp thing b4.. Sadly I can't control the temps I'm stuck with what I'm workin with..

I didn't know that about fire.. I'm juss trying 2 control the GSC stretch so I can hopfully get a nicer top bud.. But more branches do sound nice.. Now I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place b'cuz I do need a bit of stretch b'cuz I flowered them so short.. I juss don't want 2 run out of room in my tent.. I need about a 1.5 ft stretch 2 fit nicely in the tent...all my strains this run grow straight up so some more side branches would b great.. Thanks 4 the tips doggie.. I wish I had more control of my room temps

you can get the temps to be warmer in the day by running your lights at night and the warmer day during lights out will give you your warmer temps.

N

NorcalKid

This should be interesting....3 animal cookie females reversed and about 70 OGKB females in 3 4x4s

snoopytime

snoopytime

sounds rad Norcal! Yeah according to physics (just what I hard, im not a science teacher lol) those cooltubes lose you around 15% of the output of the bulb due to the light going through the glass at an obtuse angle and diffracting into the cylinder and spinning endlessly and converting into heat or something of that nature. Its basically the same device that makes the moon larger at the horizon, its going through more air. Could be a heap of shit tho, but no dount a bareback thowie is gonna win every day except the day the AC bill comes lol.

snoopytime

snoopytime

Switching topics to the marble bud vs the nice nuggies on GSC . . any theories as to why? I have 4 sisters under a 1000 and 1 of 4 is making nice chunkers and the other 3 are marbles. Not that the marbles don't add up in the end, it still produces pretty well . . the only difference I can see is the thick bud plant has a thicker stem with red striped in it, the other stems are thinner up top.

Aligee

Aligee

sounds rad Norcal! Yeah according to physics (just what I hard, im not a science teacher lol) those cooltubes lose you around 15% of the output of the bulb due to the light going through the glass at an obtuse angle and diffracting into the cylinder and spinning endlessly and converting into heat or something of that nature. Its basically the same device that makes the moon larger at the horizon, its going through more air. Could be a heap of shit tho, but no dount a bareback thowie is gonna win every day except the day the AC bill comes lol.
Well aware, still way more yield than a refelector which only reflects back bout half the light, as u can see i said i dont use them no more, but is a good way to start to get to know vertical growing! been there done that!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Switching topics to the marble bud vs the nice nuggies on GSC . . any theories as to why? I have 4 sisters under a 1000 and 1 of 4 is making nice chunkers and the other 3 are marbles. Not that the marbles don't add up in the end, it still produces pretty well . . the only difference I can see is the thick bud plant has a thicker stem with red striped in it, the other stems are thinner up top.
I think when it happened 2 me it was my roots plus the light was slammed on the plants like I usually do it.. I've always had killer harvest gettin my light as close 2 the plants as possible & when I did it 2 GSC she wasn't 2 happy.. I think my roots were the real issue b'cuz I didn't give them a nice veg like I did the 1st time.. I also was trying Heavy 16 for the very 1st time & prolly when a Lil Heavy.. I'm puttin this idea 2 the test this round.. I'm going light on the H16 (really wanted 2 go back 2 Connie but I need that money 4 the SF cup) & I'm keeping the GSC short & bushy & in the corners of the tent plus I gave them a nice veg & these plants never seen a sad day in there life<< I think a happy plant the whole cycle is key

O

Organicyumyum

quick question for ya'll....dont wanna thread jack goo, but I figured you might know. I just found spider mites on my albert walker going into week 8. Haven't seen them on other plants as of yet. I never get bugs cause I use compost teas, but Ive been busy/lazy this run and havent been using teas at all (big mistake). Anyway, just noticed the damage on this albert and the webbing is just starting. So my question is, have any of you used Mighty Wash with good results? also, any negative things such as bad flavor if I spray this stuff this late? I used it in veg before but with a rotation of a bunch of other stuff so I can't say that Mighty Wash works or not. I hate spraying anything on my plants besides teas, especially in flower and this late obviously, but I def don't wanna spray anything that will ruin the flavor of my herb. Any thoughts guys?

Top Bottom