Girl Scout Cookies Is Nothing But Hype

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

I guess it doesn't necessarily dominate but the favors are so unique every time I smoke crosses my mind focuses on the tw or bd flavor. Once you had Trainwreck you will generally taste it in any of the crosses. Obviously everyone's different.
Trainwrecks one iv always wanted to try but never got a chance.except arjans and that dont count as real tw i dont think.

the.dude

the.dude

I've been thinking the same after growing some nice GSC leaning crosses... find myself still smoking and selling the chems more

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I am another smoker that finds gsc weak-sauce. High is so so, yield is shit. Just not something that even comes close to the hype that is all over the boards. I give it a 7 at best, grown perfectly. That being said I have smoked some hybrids that were much better: wookies was fire, divine genetics Chemcookies was really good, candy land was very nice. The only strain that has lived up to the hype to me lately is the glue. I know a lot of people feel the same way about the glue, that I feel about gsc......but the glue gets me smashed ripped if I take it 75 days organically.....and it yields twice as much as gsc. But as its been said many times: different strains have different efficacy person to person.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I am another smoker that finds gsc weak-sauce. High is so so, yield is shit. Just not something that even comes close to the hype that is all over the boards. I give it a 7 at best, grown perfectly. That being said I have smoked some hybrids that were much better: wookies was fire, divine genetics Chemcookies was really good, candy land was very nice. The only strain that has lived up to the hype to me lately is the glue. I know a lot of people feel the same way about the glue, that I feel about gsc......but the glue gets me smashed ripped if I take it 75 days organically.....and it yields twice as much as gsc. But as its been said many times: different strains have different efficacy person to person.
Not a fan of the glue.. At all. Tossed her after two grows organically. But I effin LOVE the sour dubbs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Btw, @happy b , got some pics of the Apollo 11 f4 to post in that thread, just waiting for my girl to show me how to upload them to the computer. Her company just launched some new thing (I don't ask, cuz it just goes over my head haha) and she's literally been on her computer from 7am until 11pm every day for the last like ten days. But I'll post them at some point today. They look good, though. Flowering much faster than the other strains. Very branchy, too. Lots of bud sites.
This is a strain I LOVE growing and if this is Motarebel's offer, then I think it's the same thing I got from Brother Loran. Great strain.

Minitiger

Minitiger

This is a strain I LOVE growing and if this is Motarebel's offer, then I think it's the same thing I got from Brother Loran. Great strain.

It's actually Bodhi's, but so far so good. The three that I have all look exactly the same (at least to my newb eyes haha), except one's a little shorter than the others. All are flowering very quickly. My girl's working from home again today (kind of annoying; was hoping I'd have a little "me" time during these four days off haha), which means that it might be a while before I can post those shots. But love to hear your opinion when I do! The lighting's kind of shitty, but you'll get the idea.

Minitiger

Minitiger

@Seamaiden Do you remember anything specific about when you ran the Apollo? The plants are all exhibiting the same growth profile or whatever as everything I've read about Apollo 11, with the exception of the hard-core zig-zag branching that's supposed to be indicative of the Genius pheno. But they all have pretty thin branches (gonna need some staking for sure) and lots of them, too. Granted, these were topped, but they're still branchy-er than any of the other plants that were also topped. Also flowering a lot quicker than the other plants. I know Apollo 11's supposed to finish quickly, so I'm taking that as a good sign, too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well first, you've gotta remember that I had a different source for the beans, much more local to me. Also, mine were grown outside, 100% from the minute they germed. Mine were very hardy girls, didn't have a hard time with mites or PM or heat stress or anything like that. Vigorous growth and strong Christmas-tree kind of branching for mine. The buds were smallish, but very dense and uniform. She was a dream to trim.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah, I know they were from a different source. And I just assumed they were outdoors, since that's your thing, kind of (said it before and I'll say it again: I envy you!). Mine have been the most vigorous of all the plants in the garden, too. And like yours, they haven't seemed to mind any of the myriad issues in my tent (just temp and humidity issues so far, hopefully those will be the only issues haha...). Mine don't have that Christmas tree shape, but that's just because they were topped. I could see them looking like that if I hadn't topped them, though. Good to know that yours were mite and mold resistant. I've read that Apollo 11 can be a PM magnet. Hopefully I'll never have to find out if that's true or not.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I def know what your sayin cause alot of shit my patients go gaga over i think is just average.but have you ever scoped the gsc nugz under a decent microscope to see if maybe they just picked too early or late.sometimes it comes down to personal preference like i always grab for the super amber stuff but some of my oeeps prefer it mostly cloudy with just a hint of amber.but out of 10 maybe 2 or 3 like it that way.one of my patients is so picky i always try to pluck some buds at 7wks or no amber.she just likes more of a racey buzz that gives her motivation.the couchlock stuff just makes her sleep or eat everything in site lol

Yeah, that's another thing (although I suppose it kind of falls under the "grower's skills" category, or at least the grower's preference category). When was it harvested? Because I've gotten some GSC that was definitely more "up" than other batches I've sampled. Some have made me tired, some have made me a little more awake (although not "cleaning the house" awake haha). But no matter what, I'm always like,"Meh..."

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah, but Gorilla Glue is one I actually "get." When it's grown well, it's real good. The smell and flavor I love. But the high? Again, I suppose it goes back to "grower skills/preferences." I've gotten some that really did it for me. I've gotten some that was a weak, short-lived high. The last batch I got made me think just a little too much (you know, the whole "WTF am I doing with my life?"-type thing haha!) so I stopped getting it.

But at least I've gotten multiple GG samples that did it for me. GSC never has.

Maybe I started this thread just to say that I'm sick of seeing Cookies This and Cookies That. Yeah, I think I just realized that that's the reason I started this. I'm sick of seeing all of these Cookie crosses. IT AIN'T THAT GOOD hahaha!!

organix4207

organix4207

I could have cared less about cookies a week ago. Tried a pheno that blew me away, one of the best ive tried. Really ate crow after all the naysaying i'd done based on other cuts. Just my .02
I feel the same way !! I had one absolute killer cookies pheno and the rest have be ........well .....so so at best

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
The specific smells I can't relate to, but I have the same stomach issues. I've used the bathroom, to go #2, 6 times already today. Word. It smells like Sour Diesel & I'm starting to wonder if I smoke to much lol.

I throw up at least 3 times a week. The only time I can/will eat is after medicating. Doctors say it's just severe IBS...but on top of everything else I deal with, it sucks.
I've got mild ibs certain food really Jack me up but pre98bubba all ways makes it go away and it's one of the few strains that make me tired

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Yeah, but Gorilla Glue is one I actually "get." When it's grown well, it's real good. The smell and flavor I love. But the high? Again, I suppose it goes back to "grower skills/preferences." I've gotten some that really did it for me. I've gotten some that was a weak, short-lived high. The last batch I got made me think just a little too much (you know, the whole "WTF am I doing with my life?"-type thing haha!) so I stopped getting it.

But at least I've gotten multiple GG samples that did it for me. GSC never has.

Maybe I started this thread just to say that I'm sick of seeing Cookies This and Cookies That. Yeah, I think I just realized that that's the reason I started this. I'm sick of seeing all of these Cookie crosses. IT AIN'T THAT GOOD hahaha!!
The part of where it made you think too much is why I let it go. It just makes me not talkative and very bland, lack of better words. I wouldn't even come close to blazing the oil from her. She's got great back appeal! Smelly too! But I think she's kind of finicky in the garden too. Sorry off topic... Back to cookies! Lol

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I love cookies. Everyone tries to grow it, few actually do. Once you've had it done right there's no debate...that being said it gets grown right maybe 1/50th of the time...its probably my favorite strain for bubble hash, I've extracted her with terps everywhere from doughy kush to straight menthol...fascinating strain.

DocMcPuffin

DocMcPuffin

I just finished my first GSC less then a month ago, that's what i'm tokin right this minute. I really like it. Smells great, taste great, pretty sticky with big fat buds. Yield wasn't bad. I guess I was one of the lucky ones that got a good pheno. I'm going to try it again in about a month. Will share my results.

Minitiger

Minitiger

The part of where it made you think too much is why I let it go. It just makes me not talkative and very bland, lack of better words. I wouldn't even come close to blazing the oil from her. She's got great back appeal! Smelly too! But I think she's kind of finicky in the garden too. Sorry off topic... Back to cookies! Lol

Off-topic's fine with me. I tend to ramble and get off-topic all the time haha. I do love the chocolate/chemm-y smell and taste of GG. Just don't love the high, most of the time. Everything else about it appeals to me, though.

DocMcPuffin

DocMcPuffin

This is my GSC I'm smoking on now.
20151215 172921
20151215 172921

Top Bottom