Goin down the rabbit hole

• Thread starter mrfreeze682
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

i shouldnt flush? i thought the salts build up? My water ph is 6.2 and goes down with nutes to 4.7 so i raise it with alot of ph up and i just thought maybe i should flush since im using alot of chemical.
Flushing is what you do when you have an actual issue. Flushing will stress your plant out. You don't want to stress your plant out unless you are doing it intentionally to get a particular reaction.

pH UP is essentially potassium carbonate.

NKP.....NItrogen.....Phosphorous........

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
i shouldnt flush? i thought the salts build up? My water ph is 6.2 and goes down with nutes to 4.7 so i raise it with alot of ph up and i just thought maybe i should flush since im using alot of chemical.
If you’re in soil it’s always good to water until 10% runoff to assure no salt buildup. Then allow the soil to almost dry out before watering again to ensure you aren’t overwatering. Proper wet/dry cycle is a must in soil.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Update : so i didnt flush. Ive been training and trying to pay attention to my dry n wet cycle. Feed fox farms kit plus cal mag , manganese and wholly mackerel fish sauce. Been regulating the ph. It was high this time. 6.75 so i dropped some ph down and dropped it to 5.9. Then my ph pen stopped working. I got 4 uses out of a 3$ ph pen lmao 😂. its all good though. Im just letting them do their thing. They have never been topped. I defoliate almost bi-weekly. Im getting ready to flip them in a few weeks. Ordered some scrog netting and i think im going to double layer the scrog. Plus im looking for a cheap dehumidifier. When the buds come its gona be humid and thats a no no. So my attention is finding a dehumidifier first. Im also shopping for extra red and black uv light bars to suppliment. Didnt feel like going to the store for wire or pipe cleaners so i just cut a shirt and made ties. I really want them to drink more. Right now im feeding a little bit less than a gallon per plant. Question also, are my girls gona stretch alot in flower? or is it genetic based? A little bit of both is probably gona happen. Well thats all for now folks. Thanks for stopping by and dont hesitate to give some advice if you see i need it! All comments welcome.

PS. This grow is made possible by the great people here at the Farm and @PhlizonGrowLight . Thanks for making this possible @PhlizonGrowLight

0FE8D0E2 4D3F 4ACB A223 2475A7792024
D721BDE4 7C3F 4256 A67F C1225D29913D
2852A5F7 99E8 48F4 98F6 B9006F1DCFDF
6353F2BC 56E3 414B B481 3AB471D036EB
DD854619 2E5D 4EAB A1B2 561E274A6D35
502CA1DB E1F3 4DDA 9A34 CA7E947641DA
3101512B E504 4D3C 8BCE 461DB5688F9E
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Get pH test drops. They work the best. No calibration needed. Looking good. Do you feed every watering?
Yes i feed every watering. Switching to flower is just switching the bottles following the regimen. I got the extras since im running one brand i want to stick with all the stuff i can get from them. But im in promix soil / black gold dirt with worm castings included. Im new so im watching everything and trying stuff having AHA moments like @RootsRuler said in another post. LST and HST are some of the things im trying out and its pretty fun. The Test Drops you are talking about, home depot or lowes got em? Thanks for stopping by glad to have you bro. If you see something let me know. ✌🏻

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yes i feed every watering. Switching to flower is just switching the bottles following the regimen. I got the extras since im running one brand i want to stick with all the stuff i can get from them. But im in promix soil / black gold dirt with worm castings included. Im new so im watching everything and trying stuff having AHA moments like @RootsRuler said in another post. LST and HST are some of the things im trying out and its pretty fun. The Test Drops you are talking about, home depot or lowes got em? Thanks for stopping by glad to have you bro. If you see something let me know. ✌🏻
Not sure I think Home Depot might have the drops. Watch for salt build up and over feeding. When I grew in soil I had a schedule somewhat like feed, feed, 50/50RO/tap water, feed, feed, etc. (50% RO water and 50% tap water) learn to read your plants and you’ll be golden. The leafs tell you everything. I’ve got numerous completed journals, some being soil which you could scroll through if you needed too. I’ll be around.

sambapati

sambapati

Not sure I think Home Depot might have the drops. Watch for salt build up and over feeding. When I grew in soil I had a schedule somewhat like feed, feed, 50/50RO/tap water, feed, feed, etc. (50% RO water and 50% tap water) learn to read your plants and you’ll be golden. The leafs tell you everything. I’ve got numerous completed journals, some being soil which you could scroll through if you needed too. I’ll be around.
The plants really look healthy wealthy and wise.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Sorry i didnt mention im watering with Distilled water wich is the same as RO right? I mentioned flushing and another member advised against it if it isnt needed. Had a little nute burn and curling of the leaves but i raised the light 5 inches and lowered it to 55% setting as i had it on 70%. Ive since turned the light up back to 70% since they bounced back. They are looking healthier. I'm trying to dial it in as best i can. The wet dry cycle helps because when I water with feed they bounce up like they drank a red bull. lol . Im gona look through some of your journals. Im already planning my next run. Ill look for the drops asap. Thx !

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

I can't ever remember a master gardener, that I've worked under, ever using pH drops/strips to measure pH.

If you take care of your meters they'll last you years. If you don't they'll last you months.
lmao mine lasted me 3$ worth lol i plan on buying a better one... but im interested in the drops either way. I like preciseness so meters are a must.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Sorry i didnt mention im watering with Distilled water wich is the same as RO right? I mentioned flushing and another member advised against it if it isnt needed. Had a little nute burn and curling of the leaves but i raised the light 5 inches and lowered it to 55% setting as i had it on 70%. Ive since turned the light up back to 70% since they bounced back. They are looking healthier. I'm trying to dial it in as best i can. The wet dry cycle helps because when I water with feed they bounce up like they drank a red bull. lol . Im gona look through some of your journals. Im already planning my next run. I’ll look for the drops asap. Thx !
yes and no. I’ve never used distilled but it’s a different purification process than RO water. Not sure how they affect the plant differently. Looking good brother.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

Rain water doesnt need any ph adjustment...right? Going to use this next grow
That is absolutely incorrect. Acid rain is now common and must be checked. I understand distilled water and bottled water aren't good either. I often use the water from my dehumidifier and that is about the same ph as my tap water, 7.8 or so. My water is so consistent that I know how much ph down to use pouring in the cap, like a baker can grab a cup of flour in his hand.
After watching some light studies, I decided I needed more light for the flower stage of 5 photos in one end of my 4x8 so I am adding a SF2000Pro 200w to 2 SF1000D 100w each and a VS2000E 200w and hope that is ample. I also have 2 120w to stick in there if suggests I need more. I could delay growing a couple autos in my 4x4. I will set up a thread an not hijack yours. Some of the comments in this thread started me rethinking my lights.
I am not getting comment alerts and thought yours was over.

sambapati

sambapati

That is absolutely incorrect. Acid rain is now common and must be checked. I understand distilled water and bottled water aren't good either. I often use the water from my dehumidifier and that is about the same ph as my tap water, 7.8 or so. My water is so consistent that I know how much ph down to use pouring in the cap, like a baker can grab a cup of flour in his hand.
After watching some light studies, I decided I needed more light for the flower stage of 5 photos in one end of my 4x8 so I am adding a SF2000Pro 200w to 2 SF1000D 100w each and a VS2000E 200w and hope that is ample. I also have 2 120w to stick in there if suggests I need more. I could delay growing a couple autos in my 4x4. I will set up a thread an not hijack yours. Some of the comments in this thread started me rethinking my lights.

Crabgrass -- doesnt hurt to check in any case....and probably location specific -- Rockies different than Brooklyn or Bangkok

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Rain water doesnt need any ph adjustment...right? Going to use this next grow
I don't ph my rain water 😤 your correct with the location specific for sure. But I would never waste my time. There's other things I could be doing. If you have to water as much as I have to. Between the medicinal garden, vegetable garden, and the deck flowers 💐 but then again I use organic fertilizers.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

your always welcome BroBro . Yes i want to add lights too but not too much and i want to put mine like the black uv on floor facing up and reds facing down diring flower and supplemental full spectrum lights going up and down the four corner posts of the tent. Looking for suitable options. just supplemental nothing drastic.

P

PahPahCee

I’d slow my roll on adding supplemental lighting. You can fry plants fast if you aren’t careful. I’d hate to see you spent so much time and energy and accidentally burn your hard work. It’s also expensive with arguably minor gains. 30-40watts per sqft is ideal for LED.

Please be careful who you listen to. You’re using liquid nutrients, PH’ing is a must. I’m an organic dry fertilizer grower - I may not PH my water but I’m still highly aware of how my water, nutrients, and microbes affect my PH.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

I’d slow my roll on adding supplemental lighting. You can fry plants fast if you aren’t careful. I’d hate to see you spent so much time and energy and accidentally burn your hard work. It’s also expensive with arguably minor gains. 30-40watts per sqft is ideal for LED.

Please be careful who you listen to. You’re using liquid nutrients, PH’ing is a must. I’m an organic dry fertilizer grower - I may not PH my water but I’m still highly aware of how my water, nutrients, and microbes affect my PH.
Thx for the advice big broskie! I wouldnt want to fry my lights either. As far as Ph yes i ph my water every feed and check my runoff ph too. My ph pen stopped working this last feed im purchasing a new one. Dont want to do anything crazy but i was just trying to add UV and IR lights . I read they can contribute to frostiness... been reading it everywhere and IR supposedly contributes to flower fatness.

Top Bottom