Goin down the rabbit hole

• Thread starter mrfreeze682
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

update did a little defoliation and put the clips on the right branches. stressful day check back in later. pics below. i did HST on the grapefruit cuz her branches arent as long as the durban poison. hope i did it right

6183D26A C8AE 49B6 AA07 8757E303E19C
418585FE 0DE7 4F46 9DED 753227BED4DC
512C9AB4 5C93 4A69 BAC5 B53563411264
5B06B56D 5B30 4C46 8A56 10B93BC2672C
E1EE4045 4917 4CA8 B7E6 409349525FE1
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

ah ok. Do i cut the foliage touching the ground or do i scoop some dirt out and let it hang?? Bad luck or just bad for the plant.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

ah ok. Do i cut the foliage touching the ground or do i scoop some dirt out and let it hang??
Just looked again. This time just move the dirt a bit if that works. Next time wait a bit for the branch to get longer and you can put the clip further up the branch before bending. Doesn’t have to be tight against the main stem.

Bad luck or just bad for the plant.
More of a bad practice. It can let bugs mold mildew etc happen.

Depending how big you let the plants get you’ll probably end up removing these branches. (Don’t recall if your auto.)

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

Don’t let the foliage touch the ground.

If the clips bigger than the branch you can wait till it’s a bit bigger. 😝
Yea, I would have waited, the branches may make the turn up and still be close to the main stem. I don't know what he has in mind but there are plenty of ways to skin a cat.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Just looked again. This time just move the dirt a bit if that works. Next time wait a bit for the branch to get longer and you can put the clip further up the branch before bending. Doesn’t have to be tight against the main stem.

More of a bad practice. It can let bugs mold mildew etc happen.

Depending how big you let the plants get you’ll probably end up removing these branches. (Don’t recall if your auto.)
ah Thanks for clearing that up , my thoughts were the tighter to the main stem the better. Its my first time and im learning. I will let them get bigger then. i think im in wee 5 of veg? planted on 13 of feb i want to fill the tent before i flip them . Oh and you mentioned auto, No i beleive these are regulr photoperiod seeds. I asked for regular seeds so… the bugs and mold make sense, should i chop these branches right now and let the plant divert energy? or let em get bigger? I didnt top em at all cuz i want fatter buds. and i left the top two leaves on cuz they catch the light or so im thinking…

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Yea, I would have waited, the branches may make the turn up and still be close to the main stem. I don't know what he has in mind but there are plenty of ways to skin a cat.
lol sure is plenty of ways but my intentions are just to learn how to spread the foliage to create more space for light to come through and possibly bud sites. Well thats what my brain has me thinking, i could be hurting the plant but i feel this diary will help me get better for next grow that im already planning. So LST and HST has been done i beleive. LST to the durban poison and HST to the Tropicana Grapefruit. Im following advice and gut and self initiative to learn. If i mess up along the way well lets hope i learn from it. I appreciate the continued advice keep it comin! im listening and practicing hands on. Thx for the support !

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

lol sure is plenty of ways but my intentions are just to learn how to spread the foliage to create more space for light to come through and possibly bud sites. Well thats what my brain has me thinking, i could be hurting the plant but i feel this diary will help me get better for next grow that im already planning. So LST and HST has been done i beleive. LST to the durban poison and HST to the Tropicana Grapefruit. Im following advice and gut and self initiative to learn. If i mess up along the way well lets hope i learn from it. I appreciate the continued advice keep it comin! im listening and practicing hands on. Thx for the support !
Grow the plant until you have a few main shoots that you can bend over. If you look in the photo I posted you'll see how I spread out the plant branches to almost horizontal. The plant in the lower right corner is a good example but all of them had it. Just some of the branches weren't quite big enough to lay over. Any shoots coming off the branches will grow up and become the bud sites you're looking for.

LST paper clip

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

I understand you comparing methods in the same grow. It is my understanding that when we top plants in a tent we must top them all. Having plants of differing heights can cause a problem with the lights if they vary too much. Photos can get very tall, where autos are bushier by nature of their ruderalis genetics, but we are talking photos here, yes?
I don't think your seeds have much to do with gnats or mold, if that is what you said earlier.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Here's a closeup once I had them transplanted into their 7 gallon bags. I used whatever I had laying around so don't mind the paper clips!☺️

Paper clip LST
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

update: so i got the girls cal mag and holy mackerel from the fox farm line. Might as well. In other news i think my humidity is high and i want to avoid spider mites and other pests. As you can see i already have a fly trap for them pests. Any advice is highly welcome. Changing gears a bit i am training also. i took the clips off cuz as they grow you cant take em off. i broke two branches already…. FML . It’s gravy sauce though so dont trip more to come. I’m going to start tying down branches in certain ways to fan her out a bit. Got a straggler though but oh well ima flip em all at the same time cuz i dont got no more lights. anywho pictures pictures pictures
ps… i think i had a bit of light burn too close to the light. i backed it off like 4 inches higher running at 70% as there is 2468 and 10 settings i have it at the 7 mark.

365BE511 0169 440F BFBD FA6D00FCA44B
CB3BE4B4 7D70 465C BDEA D9DF52CD0597
7041C8F8 3DD6 4273 8B9F 97AB3C83EAE3
48AFA7FA D2FD 4647 AB44 15BD8D6BC37B
184B3A19 4D04 477B B58F 0FC0D46B3CD0
72A4EF34 9397 42F0 82B1 2A105572BA7E
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Leaf edges are curling. Too much light?
Is it that or is it high humidity? I wont lie on the too much light it could be that cuz i turn it on and off manually daily and had them on 18/6 . Im doing 17 /6 now however that lands. I thought it looked like Light burn. The leaves curling has been happening for a few weeks i i thought it meant water but ive been studious to follow the regimen so i said just keep going just keep going…. and BaM we have arrived and ground zero. All in all do ya think they look healthy? I’ve been trying to not micromanage them to death or love em to death. I plan on flushing next week. I’m rambling now.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Is it that or is it high humidity? I wont lie on the too much light it could be that cuz i turn it on and off manually daily and had them on 18/6 . Im doing 17 /6 now however that lands. I thought it looked like Light burn. The leaves curling has been happening for a few weeks i i thought it meant water but ive been studious to follow the regimen so i said just keep going just keep going…. and BaM we have arrived and ground zero. All in all do ya think they look healthy? I’ve been trying to not micromanage them to death or love em to death. I plan on flushing next week. I’m rambling now.

Yes. They look good. Little bit of nute burn but nothing to worry about. Dial back the dimmer and see if leaf edges flatten out.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Missed this. Why are you flushing?

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Missed this. Why are you flushing?
i shouldnt flush? i thought the salts build up? My water ph is 6.2 and goes down with nutes to 4.7 so i raise it with alot of ph up and i just thought maybe i should flush since im using alot of chemical.

Top Bottom