Goin down the rabbit hole

• Thread starter mrfreeze682
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PahPahCee

can i use any kelp or is a specific brand available? we dont have local hydro stores and my selection is limited to home depot and lowes mixed in with a little Ace true hardware store and a few other mom n pop stores. I either gotta go to amazon or a retail website. Shopping local only worked for me when getting my low budget stuff. But apecifics like nutes and other goodies i gotta use the Web of Doom…. so many choices…..
I think you already own kelp in your box of foxfarm stuff.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

can i use any kelp or is a specific brand available? we dont have local hydro stores and my selection is limited to home depot and lowes mixed in with a little Ace true hardware store and a few other mom n pop stores. I either gotta go to amazon or a retail website. Shopping local only worked for me when getting my low budget stuff. But apecifics like nutes and other goodies i gotta use the Web of Doom…. so many choices…..
I cant give a specific brand because ive never used it, but you're already running fox farm so id say just get their bottle of "kelp me kelp you" if you're looking for kelp.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

So i have questions and i dont know the answer. Is this the start of a nutrient deficiency or am i trippin or what. Does the discoleration mean anything? my light is a phx4 phlizon 240w and i got it set to 6 of a full 10 out put. I watered the other day mostly distilled water but had a lil left over of some feed in a gallon i mixed. So gave em each a little bit and added water. im just trying to figure something out before it gets worse. Thx for the help guys! This grow isnt possible whithout yalls help thx again.

AB8F0C21 069F 4E1F A6CF ECB05D6F252D
7EDA200A 0F84 42FB 9457 30A948AF8D95
D59C331F 0F17 4F71 8532 E748043B46E8
10898307 CCEE 4FD0 A36C 30994AD1B796
Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

Why do your lights turned down or when do you think they should be turned up? Turn the lights to 11 and put them no more than 18" over the plants. The idea is to do a better job than the sun. If you think the lights are burning the plants then deal with it. I have never had a problem and start my lights 12" above the seedlings. The theory of indoor cultivation is to get the most out of a seed, in other words you can't make a plant do more than its genetics provide, there are no steroids and over doing nutrients causes many problem. I hope your ph is good, too nigh a number can cause nutrient lock so watch that. Also what are you going to transplant them into, I like 5 gal bags, you will be surprised how the roots fills the bag after you chop? I think you can do better than $25 a bag for potting soil.
I don't think you mentioned whether your plants are autos or photos.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

ordered a ph meter so thats on the way and going to order ph up and down. I asked for regular seeds so i dont know what photoperiod is. Also update i got my wife on plant duty while i work. We had domes the clones up and kept them humid but she sent me a picture where i saw they were miserable. I got home and went into ER mode. First i took the domes off . looks like they were cookin in that thing. they looked like steamed spinach to be honest. I rummaged through my fox farms kit and tried to read everything at once. I stopped and looked at the plants. They looked like they needed nitrogen and good ol H2o. So i mixed a gallon dose of kangaroots , bud bloom and flowers kiss plus i put a full dose of flowers kiss cuz its a foliar spray too. so i have a spray bottle with it and am applying by hand manually every thirty minutes or so. They seemed to bounce back. Comming in a little greener i think. Im still super anxious and dont want my girls to die. Im going to buy another light soon too cuz i feel i need more light. soon i will be able to test ph. and im going to transplant into 5 gallon bags in a few weeks. want them to get bigger.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

ordered a ph meter so thats on the way and going to order ph up and down. I asked for regular seeds so i dont know what photoperiod is. Also update i got my wife on plant duty while i work. We had domes the clones up and kept them humid but she sent me a picture where i saw they were miserable. I got home and went into ER mode. First i took the domes off . looks like they were cookin in that thing. they looked like steamed spinach to be honest. I rummaged through my fox farms kit and tried to read everything at once. I stopped and looked at the plants. They looked like they needed nitrogen and good ol H2o. So i mixed a gallon dose of kangaroots , bud bloom and flowers kiss plus i put a full dose of flowers kiss cuz its a foliar spray too. so i have a spray bottle with it and am applying by hand manually every thirty minutes or so. They seemed to bounce back. Comming in a little greener i think. Im still super anxious and dont want my girls to die. Im going to buy another light soon too cuz i feel i need more light. soon i will be able to test ph. and im going to transplant into 5 gallon bags in a few weeks. want them to get bigger.
There different types of cannabis plants, some can be manipulated to flower, , called "photos", by flipping the lights from 24/7 to 12/12 as the limited light triggers them to flower as the sun would through the season. There are also "autos" who flower on their own and we leave the lights as they were from the start. Once you got they in 5 gal bags with a good potting soil, then you can think about amendments which are varying amounts of what is it, NPK.
I don't know much about clones except to keep em moist until they develop roots, but you may have cooked they. I am begging you to not look for chemical fixes or you will burn them up. A dome is one thing but a mini solar oven you don't want. Your clone you should be well started on its roots, you would be surprised how fast they grow.
You are going to love them to death, man.
Your last photos look good.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

There different types of cannabis plants, some can be manipulated to flower, , called "photos", by flipping the lights from 24/7 to 12/12 as the limited light triggers them to flower as the sun would through the season. There are also "autos" who flower on their own and we leave the lights as they were from the start. Once you got they in 5 gal bags with a good potting soil, then you can think about amendments which are varying amounts of what is it, NPK.
I don't know much about clones except to keep em moist until they develop roots, but you may have cooked they. I am begging you to not look for chemical fixes or you will burn them up. A dome is one thing but a mini solar oven you don't want. Your clone you should be well started on its roots, you would be surprised how fast they grow.
You are going to love them to death, man.
Your last photos look good.
yea they arrived fine and on the greener side of things. If i messed em up well im sorry cuz my wife is the one gona be mad lol i spent two light bills worth on them but its all good its all about the journey. As far as autos and photoperiod goes i think they are photoperiod. the small ones are ones i popped the big ones are my clones

6938B1EC 0F11 49A3 B119 8FF166FA309D
37A8ACC7 A117 4A19 B4DD 838C144D00CD
DF27403A 05F8 4A7C 9E7D BCCF8F27C023
AA9BEC0D DAC1 4C55 BE61 536D171A05E2
Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

yea they arrived fine and on the greener side of things. If i messed em up well im sorry cuz my wife is the one gona be mad lol i spent two light bills worth on them but its all good its all about the journey. As far as autos and photoperiod goes i think they are photoperiod. the small ones are ones i popped the big ones are my clones
It is hard to tell from pictures, but it looks like you are watering the center of your pots from the center, water around the outside and the water will find the center of the pot.
Most growers don't say it but the first grows are always on the flop side unless they have an experienced partner or were a vegetable gardener previously. There is much to learn. If I had tomatoes growing out back I wouldn't study them everyday, but we do that with our plants in the basement or closet. We don't have to do something all the time or everyday. Just keep them watered as you get in a rhythm, you will learn when to water by lifting a pot.
The plants you germinated look good but I can't tell how tall they are, tall is not a necessity or always good, not indoors. The leaves look nice and healthy and you will have to "top" them and there are plenty of videos about it. A general rule of thumb is to top them when at 40% of the total growth you want. I think I have said before, I topped my plants wrong. The tops doubled but the plant went into a constant veg and grew into my lights and she just kept reaching and stretching.
Your lights are made to shine onto a specific area 3x3, 2x2 etc etc, the number of plants is not a factor. If your light draws 250w I think that should cover a 4x4. Check your watts if it is good for a 4x4 that is your tent size, you could grow as many has 5 plants in that and a lot of trimming will be required. I would work on their home for a few weeks and only water them.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

It is hard to tell from pictures, but it looks like you are watering the center of your pots from the center, water around the outside and the water will find the center of the pot.
Most growers don't say it but the first grows are always on the flop side unless they have an experienced partner or were a vegetable gardener previously. There is much to learn. If I had tomatoes growing out back I wouldn't study them everyday, but we do that with our plants in the basement or closet. We don't have to do something all the time or everyday. Just keep them watered as you get in a rhythm, you will learn when to water by lifting a pot.
The plants you germinated look good but I can't tell how tall they are, tall is not a necessity or always good, not indoors. The leaves look nice and healthy and you will have to "top" them and there are plenty of videos about it. A general rule of thumb is to top them when at 40% of the total growth you want. I think I have said before, I topped my plants wrong. The tops doubled but the plant went into a constant veg and grew into my lights and she just kept reaching and stretching.
Your lights are made to shine onto a specific area 3x3, 2x2 etc etc, the number of plants is not a factor. If your light draws 250w I think that should cover a 4x4. Check your watts if it is good for a 4x4 that is your tent size, you could grow as many has 5 plants in that and a lot of trimming will be required. I would work on their home for a few weeks and only water them.
you read my mind, i was wondering about how to top them. Thank you for the great advice. I do water in the middle because my logoc is the roots are in the middle so lemme get as much water and food as i can to the main root system. I also doused the roots in root growth hormone. When I mean doused I mean I went tony montana give no f’s cocaine all over my face walkin down main street 🤣 They might have overdose of how much dang root hormone I powdered them with. It was natural or whatever. But this is my first grow so im learning alot and this run has been fun , interet and informative on alot of fronts. Again i thank you for the advice and i will start working on their home. For now im just watering and foliar feeding keeping moist. Clones look to be bouncing back.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I’ll resend some this week fam don’t worry too much. I’m sorry this is holding up your grow. I’ll resend some this week hang in there. If you support me and my business I’ll make sure you don’t lose out on your investment. Have a good weekend

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

I’ll resend some this week fam don’t worry too much. I’m sorry this is holding up your grow. I’ll resend some this week hang in there. If you support me and my business I’ll make sure you don’t lose out on your investment. Have a good weekend
i have complete faith bro beleive me. Im satisfied and you helping me im only inclined to keep supporting your business man. Im glad i got to know some good people on this site. Im still gona try and bring em back from the dead! Lol i havent given up on them yet.

S

Stringbean

Hell yeah man I like when somebody wants to fight it LOL when I first started out I used the same shit not that blue bag shit but the yellow bag only bad thing was I did it indoors and I had hella fungus nuts I hate them motherfuckers but they came with the bags of Miracle Grow once I got them up and started I put them outside yeah it's tough to be a family man and buy all that fancy shit but motherfuckers will persevere good for you

S

Stringbean

I know you're not just starting out man I checked out your shit I see you got a seed hook up that's fucking awesome bro I live in the state of Indiana where if you don't go to church on Sunday your Paramount to be in a fucking murderer LOL don't even think about smoking weed fucking Backwoods Bible Belt bullshit I don't understand why they just don't make it go Federal so everybody can relax and really focus on what they're doing instead of hiding from the government who is the biggest fucking gang in the world in my opinion of it but yeah you got some fire ass looking buds man heavy on the trichomes you can see them bitches from space LOL keep up the good work and thanks for throwing out the seed hook up man

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Update so i transplanted the two bigger females Durban poison and Tropicana Grapefruit into 5 gallon pots. Waited till medium was dry and the gals thristy to transplant. I am giving foliar spray of kelp and other stuff its called Flowers Kiss from Fox farms. My three clones arent dead yet they are still green and they seem to be getting better. One girl lifted her leaf to say hi 👋 already . I gave the two small girls and the two girls i transplanted a full dose of week 2 from fox farms. Since i dont know when to gauge what week i started on week two , two more weeks and they are ready to flush. I am prepping a proper home for them and im think im going to scrog them. For now my question is when should i top? I just transplanted them so i dont want to cause them any more stress at the moment. I would like to top to get it bushier , more cola sites. So im just swimmin in these waters, with my zombie clones still clinging to life i think if i keep at it they might just live. After all they are literally alive. Here are some pics. Thanks for visiting and thanks for the great advice feel free to comment!

183BB67B 9559 467E 8B49 D49BB37A11FE
AA8E1779 1B0F 4FD2 8881 55B06BEC9124
9E70031C E289 4073 B378 B7D54CE476F5
4CE59589 E464 491A B490 175C757A2E6B
E5C7A3A4 1545 4768 8BAA 34AFFD611C89
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Update , got the girls a new penthouse. Zombie clones lookin bad lmao its all gravy. got em up off the floor too. Fed full nute dosage and now going to feed with plain water RO water that is. Ordered my ph kit and pen waiting for it to get here. Here are some pictures.
just to meantion a big thanks to @PhlizonGrowLight for donating my first grow light. Its amazing 240w is not hot at all the heat dissipation is great! Thanks again this grow is for you! @PhlizonGrowLight thank!

D3AE9C8B 5B7E 4F47 94C6 259747447A05
7A03018B C98C 42E0 9D9F 3C0329D2D51B
98767815 1137 4D25 B756 06993997E78F
Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

Update , got the girls a new penthouse. Zombie clones lookin bad lmao its all gravy. got em up off the floor too. Fed full nute dosage and now going to feed with plain water RO water that is. Ordered my ph kit and pen waiting for it to get here. Here are some pictures.
just to meantion a big thanks to @PhlizonGrowLight for donating my first grow light. Its amazing 240w is not hot at all the heat dissipation is great! Thanks again this grow is for you! @PhlizonGrowLight thank!
Well, look on the bright side, you will need those pots occupied by those er dead or terminal plants. Your other plants look good to me. Your light system should rock your tent, more than enough.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Well, look on the bright side, you will need those pots occupied by those er dead or terminal plants. Your other plants look good to me. Your light system should rock your tent, more than enough.
you think i can scrog four plants?

Latest posts

Top Bottom