Gooey info

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gooey

Props GooeyBreeder....An Motarebel...thanks for sharing these amazing genes...us patients are greatful...peace n puffs

R

robz

Ok I broke my own rules. Got lazy & stopped checking my Ph during watering. Got a little bit of nutrient lockout. Before I knew it things took a turn for the worse & all my girls were extremely pissed off. My runoff water was 5.6 a week ago when I finely realized I had issues. The Gooey ladies are looking much better now. I'll never not check Ph again! I'll post pics pretty soon. These Gooey girls are going to be da-Bomb! Ok here are 3 shots of my 2 Goo Girlies 3 weeks into veg 2 weeks to go.

Mm 023
Mm 024
Mm 031
lone420ranger

lone420ranger

I think they are looking good...just put a sign in front of your girls saying "Ph THE WATER !"

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

hope all are happy with the work.

Never here. Never know anything. It's hard to see what's what when folks don't say much. Feedback is what a breeder works for, good or bad. Hit me, I can take it.:)

Motarebel

Motarebel

The pure gooey is excellent! I wasn't sure about the flava at first but after a cure it has sweetened up. I still need some time with the gal to get her down and find the right mate. Ather than that MR.G i give it a thumbs up.

R

robz

Never here. Never know anything. It's hard to see what's what when folks don't say much. Feedback is what a breeder works for, good or bad. Hit me, I can take it.:)

Well i have run several strains since last July and only have one keeper that pleases me every time. The Goo cut I was gifted has for the most part kept up with my keeper strain that I've been hoarding for 8 months now. I'm still in veg with Goo for another 12 days. We will see how she fairs in flower with my favorite ladies. ;) I've got full confidence in this Gooey little winch!

T

TheIronLung317

finnaly someone bringing the gooey out there. we get the afgooey out here on the east coast once or 2x's a year and it is just so dank all around. by this i mean the high is great really stoney, the smell and bag appeal make this one a easy sell.

I have a cut of a friends pheno of afgooey and its one of my keeper strains. It has a large resin production and stays up there with any kush strain. Sweet berries and fuel smell. I love this girl; shes a producer and very hardy lady not picky at all and eats well. I have some in day 24 of flower right now, looking awesome after giving my girl a brazilian wax!

Hey Gooeybreeder can you give some info on the afgoo? Did you create that strain?

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Gooey and Afgoo have nothing to do with each other. Id love get me some more gooey beans at some point. Ive never been disappointed.

Otto

R

robz

Gooey and Afgoo have nothing to do with each other. Id love get me some more gooey beans at some point. Ive never been disappointed.

Otto

I had a nice pheno of Afgooey that I got from the same friend that gifted the Goo to me. It was a resin factory and nice producer that totally took me by surprise. I didn't clone her and when I called him he said he wasn't running that strain anymore because he found a plant that was Way better! He said it was much nicer then the Afgooey. When I asked him what it was & if I could get a cut he said it was Goo. No relation to the Afgooey. I have 2 in week 4 of veg right now. I can't wait to flower this Whore! He assured me that I'll be very happy. We will see.

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

Well thank you so very kindly for the input!

Truth be told, I still love mom more than Pure Gooey. I feel taste suffered in upping the seed yield using the S1. I got what I was after, but I'm working a better line now for the truer taste the old gal has. Mom is a beast of a plant and I've seen 4 and 5 lb plants of gooey, so I guess I should be happy enough with that.I know so many folks that still have cuts from the FIRST mom gooey. We laugh over that often, her being what 27 now. My kids are younger than my plant is.:)
This spring finds me with again more new stuff than I've worked in years. 187 different things I've made and still planting. Some amazing things I haven't touched in years. None from any seed banks. 2000+ seedlings going at the moment, but that will not last, thank goodness,lol. The most amazing you'll see here as they come along. this is an expansion of what I do normally. I think I'm really feeling my age lately and feel I have to get more work done.
Thanks again folks, it makes me happy thinking I'm doing something folks like. :)

Motarebel, could you please email me over at the Bay, I seem to be having issues with being a newbie and emailing or PM-ing here. I have a quick question for you. Thanks.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
Gooey

Thank for all your contributions

I look forward to hearing more about those 187 different gems you got that anint from seedbanks ,i love the sound of that

Best wishes with all your projects

1luvbigherb

Motarebel

Motarebel

Gooey

Thank for all your contributions

I look forward to hearing more about those 187 different gems you got that anint from seedbanks ,i love the sound of that

Best wishes with all your projects

1luvbigherb

Me too,i'm hearing they'll blow out yer earwax. The pure gooey i've been running is nice but Gooeybreeder says the Gooey mom is better so i'm being blessed with mom Gooey.I'd like to hit her with a Magic Merlin male,trying to get my hands on one now.

overgrown

overgrown

Hey mota I might have a pack of magic merlin if Yer interested.if its not a pack its 7 or 8. I can't pm though.

Motarebel

Motarebel

Hey mota I might have a pack of magic merlin if Yer interested.if its not a pack its 7 or 8. I can't pm though.

I think you only need 25 posts so get busy! lol I definately want those so hopefully we can talk soon.

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

Thanks and yes, Mom is different from Pure Gooey in seed form

That is my doing folks, and I should do things to steer the future seed stock towards Mom more, which is underway now. I wanted a thicker bud structure than I was getting with Mom. Now understand that Mom is heavy in the production department, but hay I'm me and I wanted more. In doing so I built in a different taste than I liked in Mom, while close in some pheno's, not mom. The high's I feel are slightly muted compaired to Mom as well, another thing I'm fixing.
Ah the new( old) stuff.....much of which is seed that I made all through the years plus many landraces and no bag seed or Dutch touched genes in any of them. I chose these for that fact alone to find new ( old) genes to inject into the pool of over worked genes circling the globe now. Of those 36 have not come up at all. Some of these are vary old seeds dating back to the 70's and while I try to keep everything viable it's still a long time. Others also dating back to that HAVE come up, such as some of the first indica's to come to cali are up. Sugar cabbage kind of buds that stink and grow mostly leafs in the buds. Not a thing you'd want nowadays, but back then it was vary different from what we'd grown and did pack a punch. It was legal then to grow as only sativas were listed in the law.
Of the remaining seedlings I am sure I'll be culling many many more, but as things move forward down to the best of them, I'll post pics and info on each. It's going to be a work filled year.:)

Illmind

Illmind

i really dug the 84% great plants in there bubblemakers wet dream it was very leafy but all sugar tho. goothunder x vortex was an amazing blue color and tasty. gooey x krf didn't get to run. but i really put the pheno from 84% in my top 7 smokes maybe higher. look fwd to seeing more from u.

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

Most folks know that I breed first to resin and high....

I feel these areas of development are the most important. Building in bud structure is easier than most traits to change while thc in the resin is much harder to make set in following generations, so most of my work has gone to that end. Taste and resin with high THC content have always been my first priority.Not everything I make is strong....but it will be once I'm done with it. I use my Lava as an example. Lava is only 7% THC, not a heavy hitter. But it's stunning to look at and has lots of traits folks want, so it goes first even though it's not as strong. The next rung of the Lava ladder was Frozen Lava ( Lava X Pure Gooey) much stronger and better resin content. So to all who find some of the work leafy...try it, you can't find much taste differences from the sugar leaf in these to the flowers next to em ( yes, I try everything in every way I can think of, just like I know you all do,lol).
It's hard for me you see. I want to have different stuff to bring to the table and to me that means staying away from the largest pool of genes that almost all play in these days. It's why you'll find my stocks to be somewhat less refined ( more leaf in the buds as an example) but with highs that are less often felt and with "new" tastes and smells than the more well used genes out there today. I always knew this is how it would be. Once I saw seedbanks coming around way back in the early 80's I knew things would change and I would need to keep things around for later in life. I was dead on right I think. Now the stuff I'm growing now hasn't been around in decades and I for one miss em. Most aren't of "marketable" strains, being too sparse or frankly past what the pubic wants now. So from these I need to do my job and pull out the "new" the interesting, the next "gotta have it"....and get it to you.
Look to where you've been to see where your going next.:)

noodles

noodles

hi gooeybreeder- i've had the gooey mom many times, she is so beautiful in all ways. where can i get seeds close to the mom?! nothing compares to her, you have jaded me lol. seriously though thanks for the work you did with her- a true grail plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom