Gooey info

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Very nice to see you playin with this also motabro...I gata say its a interesting strain and has some tricks to its ways...Ive noticed it eats a bit less as in mainly Nitro..It eats overall like a mixed hybrid so if its pushed hard fast it gets lower yield but always comes out frosted here..Ive found to run her with a longer transition in early bloom to help increase yields..
Hope you don't mind the intrusion of pics...The Afgooey's to me are Mid-Low land sweet ass Afghans or sorta stretch Indica as DJ would put it..heh...
These also grow very similar to Afghan#1...But the Gooey's really do it justice where Affi#1 is a bit to mercial..I have old pics of the 72% which are bout the same in structure as Gooeys..also the NorCalGoo which is what I run atm...gl on the work man

hey GooeyB...kewl to see you still at work...I tested your 72% back on hg4 and have a few of yours still in my stock box...almost ran GooThunder this set but went another direction...btw you said I'd be gettin a few of those final Gooeys when they were done...think that was 4-5yrs ago...heheh...no worries tho man...heres the pics..it was from 07..I was in DWC and had PH issues and heavy N lockups..eesh...heh..
FOE20

72gooey 06 19 07
72gooeyVeg 06 24 07
72GooeybirdEye 09 14 07
72GooeyBloom 08 08 07
72GooeyDryNug 11 27 07
NCGooHead2 01 30 10
NCGooHead 01 27 10
NCGooVeg1 03 26 11
R

robz

That's some dank looking gooey. Mine is starting to look real nice :)

R

robz

iphone macro shots

Here is my Gooey at 5 weeks.:confused0054:

Tric 041
Tric 002
Tric 042
A

armoured

Right kind of philosophy Gooeybreader, cause if you follow the mass you always know that there's a cliff just ahead !!! Lol I look forward to more of your work !!! - Peace -

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

Sure looks like classic Momma Gooey

Gooey ( NCG aka Northern Cali Gooey) is unmistakable in it's look and it's smell and high.
If that were from a Pure Gooey seed then it would be the closest thing yet to Mom, but I see nothing to suggest it to be from seed, so I think it's Mom. If not it's so much a dead ringer that I'd like to know what it is.
Nice to see someone enjoy it, thank you. Only a few hundred folks world wide have ever grown Mom Gooey, more have grown out other stock.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
hey hey GooeyB.....help me out on some pure Gooey and I'll dooey...

From what I gather Gooey, Afgoo...Afgooey and these types are Sweet type Afghani's..and their not much like Affi#1 by far....maybe in base structure..
Hope not to impose on feeding formulas but the Goo's are mod to light N eaters...they can eat a normal amount of P-K but do not induce it to early or it will crown up and lower yield...IME
Heres the NCalGoo at bout 5-6wks and should finish around 8-9..

Robz the Goo's are a bit tricky....you can get them to fill in better and budset right if you don't push to hard-to early on P-K...
FOE20

NCGooHead3 05 08 11
NCGooBlm2 05 08 11
NCGooProf1 05 07 11
NCGooHeads2 05 07 11
C

CobbCreekBob

I had bunches of beans of BigG's since the early days, gifted bunches out to better growers to do em righteous, wish I had hung on to a few, hehe, but got a chance to smoke some well grown Goooey Mom, yesterday, as a matter of fact, and am right now:), and Ima just a nobody, but it cuts thru other fogs, and the taste, or at least of thisun I got is very unique. I aint a taste guy, but I don't taste nothing in the inhale, its the exhale that you notice, very smooth, nice, sweet kinda but not too much, but a yummy unique, like lick your lips, what was that, want more kind of taste. Not fruit, but lite sweet like young pussy, lite funk in there, but very nice complexity, dig it. Then it expands a bit, then again, then somehow the doob goes out.:character0029:Thats generally a good sign. Rock on your badself GooeyB

Gooey ( NCG aka Northern Cali Gooey) is unmistakable in it's look and it's smell and high.
If that were from a Pure Gooey seed then it would be the closest thing yet to Mom, but I see nothing to suggest it to be from seed, so I think it's Mom. If not it's so much a dead ringer that I'd like to know what it is.
Nice to see someone enjoy it, thank you. Only a few hundred folks world wide have ever grown Mom Gooey, more have grown out other stock.

Illmind

Illmind

i grew the 84 out it rocks, pic old and embarrassing so i'll spare u the frosty blur lol. wish i had ncg the momma. think i still have some kashmiri nightmare tho.

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

Looks like Mom's making folks smile....good, she's old, but still a looker

CCB had it right ( thank you brother), sounds just exactly like Mommy's kiss indeed.Lol. Afgooey isn't related and I don't think it has the depth NCG has, but I'm not one to judge my own work as compared to others as one mans trash is another mans gold.
When I grow it outside it's with nothing more than bat shit and soil. I may mist with a multi purpose fert. like a 20-20-20 and SuperThrive. Ph'ed water and nothing more. They grow huge. Yield like a motherfucker. I use two bat shits, one that eats bugs ( Mexican , higher in N) and one higher in P, like Indonisian (sp?). I add both to soil at the start of the season and let em roll.
Indoors I go mod. amounts of nutes using GH nutes and Rockwool slabs. Basicly ebb and flow. same misting. I get huge results and that is my personal fav for growing her. That brings out the vary best taste she can give and omg is she wonderful done that way. ( where's my jar......:).....).

I've been working on an improved version of the Pure Gooey seed, one to make it much more Mom-like than the one's released earlier. I had built in more bulk to the buds in those, but it detracted from the taste I thought so I am redoing it to better display mom dom traits better ( not that they were not there before, just muted imho). What I'm doing with some select Diesel and Cheese is also gonna raise a few eyebrows as well as give folks hope that someone still cares about things being what they say they are. I'm looking forward to the progress.
Foe20 bro, there's no afgani in Gooey( the old maui always had me wondering though, the ass would never tell me what they used to make the first mauis back in 72, now he's gone and I can't dig it out of him anymore....Thanks Buddy anyway!), sorry. But I LOVE your pics and you got the grow down. You rock!
Gooey( mom) is:
cambodian (70's landrace)
Mex gold (70's landrace)
Lumbo gold (70's landrace)
Thai ( 80's landrace)
Maui (1972 wowie from the developer)
Pure Gooey seed was cubed using the old SSSC S1

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Gooy I want some gooy so bad she looks so amazing these are what I consider elite legends she is amazing ininly smoked her once but I still can't get her out if my head the smell the taste please please bring the beans I would love the Any of your gooy crosses but the pure gooy is like my canna unicorn lol when are you going to bless us with some of these gems ???? Damn she is so frosty I love plants where the frost is every where I guess that's why i love the white so much now that would be a Grail strain rite there the white x pure gooy OMG I JUST GOT A CHUBBY THINKING ABOUT THAT ONE LOL no but seriously I did lol

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
its all good GooeyB....I knew your ver was your work or different work all together..But I don't wana confuse people either and was just stating my view..So sorry if the feeding tips dont suit your version..Glad you said a word on it...
Was the sssc s1 involved?...and if so than it had Affi/HawSk/Thai/Haze/LumboGold and others involved indeed..
I'd still lov to try your latest work and compare...

Although its got Maui in it and well Maui Haw-Sk? or Afghan that was aclimated to the Islands...
Ive grown a Cambodian and their far from easy and thats kewl that you used it in the mix..
I dont wana get into the talk but I feel some of these were actually Afghan just migrated and aclimated to different regions...naturally..like the Lumbo,Golds and Maui....So no Afghan in it?....well sure...sorta...
FOE20

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

I've heard theories about afgani's in old strains

and while we all came from one women a long long time ago, we've all evolved into different subsets, the same with pot. So while it could be a point, i feel it's a mute one. I knew the developer of the first Maui's ( that is i knew the guy that was created with it and he and his friends always said it was them. They had the vary best hawaiians I ever had and I've smoked em all.lol). They started in 72 over there and he gave me stocks from those old works, one of which i used for Gooey. None of the plants display any indica traits and while he never would tell me the stocks he used, from all I ever saw it was sativa dom all the way. When i grew Gooey out and found it so wonderful, he was still alive and kickin and he loved gooey. Said it reminded him of some of his works. He grew it for years.

I don't mind anyone chipping in info on how they did Gooey or her kids, it's all about getting the end results and if your happy then it was right. The SSSC S1 was used as the cube strain for Pure Gooey, it was never used in making Gooey Mom ( Mom was being developed before they started the SSSC).

O

OCEAN

Could this be related to "Goo"? Picked up 2gs of this stuff called Goo from a local collective a girl recommended to me yesterday.. Very good stuff, I wonder if they are related? I suspect this Gooey is indica dom, can someone describe the high/flavor to me?

Thanks

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

There is an old "Goo" from Santa Cruz

and maybe that is what you have. My Gooey( NCG) isn't indica at all.
Some say Gooey is a parent of Afgooey, but I don't know so myself.
Folks strap on a catchy name that is going around and before you know it things are all messed up.

C

CobbCreekBob

hang in there, GooeyBro, you have to do this tango at every site, don't ya? hehe Be strong, my brother.

Gooeybreeder

Gooeybreeder

Kinda my cross to bare really,lol

Folks need info about Gooey and if there's a plant I know, it's her.
Hope Mota that your feeling better dude. Folks, I'm too new here so I can't reply to pm's yet. Sorry.

Top Bottom